Search the best hotels in West Virginia
About West Virginia
Welcome to the mountain state of West Virginia, a Mecca for outdoor adventure enthusiasts. With communities tucked neatly in the narrow valleys of the Appalachian mountains, beside gushing rivers and lakes, it is a great place try your hand at white water rafting, canoeing, rock-climbing and zip-lining, but it's also a wonderful place to get-away-from-it-all and unwind amidst the enchanting scenery of Mother Nature. The lakes and rivers teem with trout, and picturesque old colonial towns like Harpers Ferry offer visitors the chance to go on ranger-guided tours and hikes along Civil War skirmish lines, while natural scenery like the Blackwater Falls offer serenity and bewitching beauty to the eager explorer. Romantic, sunlit and rugged uplands, West Virginia is a terrific place to go for couples, hikers, bikers and thrill-seekers alike. The best places to stay in West Virginia include a charming boutique set in an old colonial townhouse.
Where to stay
- Parkersberg is a compact town that embodies the real spirit of the mountain state: a great place for hiking in Fort Boreman Park, there are loads of white water rafting and kayaking opportunities, while also a good number of antique stores and museums to feast your eyes upon.
What not to miss
- Hike or bike along 600km's of converted train tracks!
- Check out the countless golf courses in the state - the best being the Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs.
- Take a ranger-guided tour in Harpers Ferry!
- Learn about West Virginia's coal industry at the Oil and Gas Museum in Parkesberg.
- Enjoy white water rafting in the New River Gorge National River!
- Stand amazed at the Blackwater Falls.
- Have a round of golf at the Greenbrier, in White Sulphur Springs!
Ideal for outdoor adventure enthusiasts and those with an interest in the American Civil War, find out more by checking out our collection of the best places to stay in West Virginia!
The best places to stay in West Virginia
- Blennerhassett Hotel is a union of old-world charm with modern-day necessities make up this boutique in the heart of Ohio River Valley. Classic 1800s decor in the large, comfortable rooms. Enjoy Spats Restaurant wine menu, casual dining atmosphere and masterful dishes. Relax in the library or explore the local history.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is during the summer, when the temperature averages at around 27 degrees.
- Fly to Yeager Airport, (taking only domestic flights from other US hubs like Atlanta and Washington.)
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in United States of America
- or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in West Virginia
Blennerhassett Hotel 89 rooms from £107Parkersburg, West Virginia
A union of old-world charm with modern-day necessities make up this boutique in the heart of Ohio River Valley. Classic 1800s decor in the large, comfortable rooms. Enjoy Spats Restaurant wine menu, casual dining atmosphere and masterful dishes. Relax in the library or explore the local history.Sights nearby - Head to the the 1859 Henderson Hall which rests on 2,600 acres of plantation land.Romantic - Good for couples.Four poster beds - For romantics.Full of character
The Escape 6 rooms from £115WV, West Virginia
Hidden inside a quaint Lewisburg townhouse, this boutique hotel offers contemporary suites with homely soft furnishings. Located in the town's historic district, rooms look onto local landmarks from bright windows. Fully-equipped kitchenettes make the suites great for families; a friendly city stay.Families - The hotel's self-catered apartments are great for families, with larger suites offering a separate living room plus kitchenetteLocal exploring - Discover the historic district of Lewisburg easily from this hotel, with main attractions within walking distanceCity Style - Set in a traditional townhouse in the heart of historic Lewisburg, this hotel has lots of local city charmViews - Great views from hotel
Bluefield Inn 6 rooms from £118West Virginia
A southern-style mansion plays host to this opulent guesthouse in Bluefield, West Virginia. A classic piano and red velvet staircase welcome visitors; upstairs, regency design permeates the guestrooms, peppered with artwork and antiques. Unwind on the verandah after a game of pool; a stately hotel.Romantic Break - The hotel's romantic regency style makes it a great option for couples; book out the venue for a wedding or special occasionLocal exploring - This hotel is well-located for exploring West Virginia, set in close proximity to Pinnacle Rock State ParkCity Style - Set in a former plantation house in Bluefield, this hotel has lots of local city styleGreat walks - Explore Bluefied on foot with a long walk through the city; pass through the pretty Lotito City Park
The General Lewis Inn 24 rooms from £119West Virginia
This ornate, heritage inn sits in downtown Lewisburg. Individually styled guestrooms are designed to capture the essence of the property, with lovingly restored wooden floors, porcelain fittings and period antiques. Book the master bedroom for 19th-century grandeur; a stately hotel.Romantic Break - Couples love the restored heritage details at this historic inn; book the master bedroom for true, late 19th-century grandeurCity Style - Set in a landmark heritage property in downtown Lewisburg, this hotel has lots of local city charmLocal exploring - With a great, central location in Lewisburg, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploringGreat walks - Explore the picturesque streets of historic Lewisburg on a long walk; visit Maple Street, a national historic district
Hillbrook Inn 19 rooms from £144WV, West Virginia
This romantic bed & breakfast occupies a heritage property in Charles Town, West Virginia. A quaint garden path leads to the Main House suites, dressed in antique, dark-wood furniture. Hardwood floors boast oriental rugs for a luxurious aesthetic. A full-service spa completes this cosy guesthouse.City Style - Set in a beautifully restored heritage property in Charles Town, this hotel makes a chic city breakRomantic Break - Couples love the luxury touches at this boutique inn; book a deluxe suite for a private spa bathSpa breaks - With a full-service spa onsite, make sure to pamper yourself with a treatment during your stayGreat walks - Explore the countryside around West Virginia on a long walk; request a picnic hamper from the hotel for added indulgence