Search the best hotels in Wisconsin
Known as America’s dairy, the vast expanses of this Great Lakes state contain far more than rolling fields and contented cattle. With trendy cities, superb lakes and picturesque scenery, Wisconsin offers plenty for visitors of all ages to discover. Accommodation options range from slick city hotels to beautiful lakeside retreats, catering to a whole host of tastes and budgets. Brilliant for active families, friends and couples, many of the best places to stay in Wisconsin pride themselves on putting the region’s natural beauty centre stage, with panoramic views and heaps of outdoor activities.
The state capital, Madison, is famously friendly, walkable and set amidst lovely lakes — perfect for outdoor explorations as well as a hip cultural and foodie scene. Milwaukee, on the other hand, is known for its lively festivals, its fantastic beer and the impressive Harley-Davidson Museum. Pick this city for a more laid-back pace of life, on the banks of Lake Michigan. Alternatively, head to artsy Beloit for a culture-focused city break. Football fans will delight in watching the Green Bay Packers play at Lambeau Field, whilst outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy a plethora of sports at Lake Geneva.
Wisconsin brims with opportunities to try sailing, kayaking, hiking, horse riding and cycling amidst craggy mountains and sun-dappled lakes. Snowy winters are also very special, with skiing, sledging and ice skating on frozen lakes, followed by cosy evenings curled up in front of roaring fireplaces — the stuff of stories!
Whether you’re into city explorations or rural retreats, book a room at one of the best places to stay in Wisconsin for the chance to soak up the state’s many marvellous attractions.
The Best Places to Stay in Wisconsin
For a Lakeside Escape
- The Geneva Inn prides itself on being the only lakefront hotel on Lake Geneva, offering striking views from 37 classic rooms and suites, some of which have private balconies. Dine in style after days of boat trips, spa treatments and private culinary classes. Brilliant for weddings, this spot is also popular with sailors, who can dock their boats just outside.
- The Edgewater enjoys enviable views from its perch on the shores of Madison's Lake Mendota. Expect stylish Art Deco interiors, sleek rooms and suites, and an indulgent on-site spa. Book a room with lake views and balance your city explorations with days out on the water. Great for romantic couples or well-heeled business travellers.
- Hillside Waterfront Hotel offers classic, comfortable interiors on the edge of the lake in Ephraim. Great for active travellers looking to make the most of activities out on the water during the summer months, or skiing and snowshoeing in the winters.
- Canoe Bay is a magical lakeside hotel in central Wisconsin. A romantic retreat for outdoorsy couples, this swish collection of cottages and lodges has huge bathrooms, some private saunas and striking chalet-style interiors. The Chef's Table is a highlight, as is the extensive wine list. A tremendously luxurious, adults-only spot for foodies.
- Blacksmith Inn on the Shore is a lovely lakeside property in Door County, Quirky rooms feature private balconies with hammocks, in-room fireplaces and glorious views over the water at Baileys Harbor. Complete with big gourmet breakfasts, this is an idyllic hideaway for families, friends or couples.
For a City Stay
- Hotel Metro is a superb Art Deco style launchpad for exploring Milwaukee's artsy and cultural scene. Great for couples, families or business travellers, the hotel boasts a rooftop bar as well as impressive eco credentials.
- Hotel Goodwin is a chic boutique pick in a restored heritage building close to downtown Beloit. Think cool, contemporary interiors, a rooftop bar and a smart Italian eatery. In-room turntables and record collections are a very hip touch. For music-loving couples, friends or families.
- Hotel Indigo Madison Downtown promises a lively Madison stay, with a trendy eatery and cocktail bar, mid-century decor and vintage touches. There's a well-equipped gym, impressive art installations, space for families or groups and a pet-friendly policy.
- Kimpton Journeyman Hotel is a sophisticated new build in Milwaukee's creative Third Ward area. Pick this place for the contemporary decor, fun rooftop bar and family-friendly accommodation options. The complimentary bicycles are a nice touch!
- The Charmant is a candy factory-turned-landmark hotel in La Crosse. Stay here for the luxurious bedrooms, original features, French-inspired cuisine and a great roof terrace. Ideal for exploring western Wisconsin. For business or leisure travellers.
- The Northland is a chic Green Bay property with a fascinating history, having opened its doors in 1924 as Wisconsin's largest hotel. Now swish and stylish, this is a brilliant pick for a romantic escape, a smart wedding, a business trip or a family holiday.
- Inn at Wawanissee Point is a pretty country house overlooking Lake Wisconsin Valley. Pick this place for its secluded, intimate feel, with just four guestrooms. Relax in the gardens, follow leafy trails, bird watch in the Baraboo Hills and enjoy a wine & cheese happy hour each evening. A tranquil, adults-only retreat.
- Hamilton House B&B features eight cosy guestrooms complete with antique furnishings and hardwood floors in a lovely Victorian residence. Close to Kettle Moraine State Park's hiking and cycling trails, this is an excellent choice for outdoorsy couples. Characterful and adults-only.
- Foxglove Inn offers an indulgent, adults-only stay in a quiet part of Sturgeon Bay. The property's seven suites feature white-and-cream interiors with big beds and wonderful tubs for unwinding. An elegant and romantic B&B.
- Maxwell Mansion promises 25 rooms and suites within a sumptuous heritage residence, restored carriage house and nearby stables. Unwind by the pool, kick back around the campfire or sip quirky cocktails at one of three bars. A central Lake Geneva stay for couples or sociable groups of friends.
- Rochester Inn is a classic hideaway in Sheboygan Falls, with rooms and suites featuring patterned wallpaper, four-poster beds, whirlpool tubs and antique pieces. Breakfasts are delicious, there's a top-notch spa nearby and the area is known for its champoinship golf courses. An intimate, old-school property for couples.
For Families or Groups
- Justin Trails Resort offers cabins, suites and glamping-style accommodation for families or couples. Nestled within 200 acres of woodland and meadows, this is a charming retreat for nature lovers, complete with pine beams, fireplaces and whirlpool tubs. Larger cabins and cottages are ideal for families and groups, who will find lots to see and do.
- Graduate Madison is a laid-back city hotel with a funky, playful vibe — perfect for families, groups of friends or students returning to university in Madison. Expect bold pops of colour in retro-inspired rooms and communal spaces, lake views from the rooftop restaurant, and complimentary bikes for seeing the city. Centrally-located and great value.
- Waterfront Hotel is a modern, family-friendly pick in downtown Prairie du Chien. Rooms and suites are sleek and contemporary, with space for little ones and there's a wonderful riverside bar and grill, as well as live music on Saturday evenings in the summer. Friendly and fun, also good for group trips.
For an Old-School Brewery
- Commerce Street Brewery & Hotel offers a rare chance to stay in a historic brewery in Mineral Point. The five rooms are pretty and traditional, with pops of modern art. Communal areas feature exposed stone walls and the atmospheric pub is the heart of the property. Welcoming, relaxed, and great for foodies.
FOR FOOTBALL FANS
- Lodge Kohler sits just across the street from Green Bay's Lambeau Field, making it perfect for football fans. Stay here for top-notch ease of access to the stadium, retro-cool interiors, generous events spaces and a superb spa. Indulgent and trendy.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Depending on your destination, fly to Madison Airport, Milwaukee's Mitchell Airport or Green Bay's Austin Straubel International Airport and travel to your hotel by bus, train or taxi from there.
- Wisconsin is a wonderful state to explore by road. Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel between June and September, for temperatures averaging between 21°C and 25°C, or come during the winter for snow-filled days and cosy evenings.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our pick of all the best places to stay in Madison.
- Broaden your search to include the best places to stay in Illinois.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Wisconsin
Best Hotels in Wisconsin
Graduate Madison Madison 72 rooms from £88Families - It doesn't get much better than the Camp Wandawega Suite for families. Kids will love camp-out bunk beds with game consolesValue chic - Fantastic value in the heart of town. Enjoy plenty of trendy hang-out spaces with most attractions walking distanceLearning - Located a block from the flagship campus of the University of Wisconsin. Special student rates are availableCity Style - Will appeal to those who appreciate designer interiors done in a whimsical and adventurous styleRecommended by - Tablet
On-trend luxe boutique hotel that ticks every box; fab city centre location, playful interiors, rooftop dining options and impressive lake views. Mid-century rooms are a riot of colour and sociable shared spaces create a fun informal vibe that will appeal to students, alumni, families & pets alike. See More
Stewart Inn Wausau, Wisconsin 5 rooms from £101Romantic Break - Romantic rooms with working fireplaces and clawfoot tubs are the perfect place to hideaway with your significant otherLocal exploring - From adventure sports to the theatre, art, and museums, there's plenty to do locallyMinimum Stay - Friday and Saturday nights generally have a two-night minimum stay policyKayaking - Try your hand on the Olympic qualifying kayaking and canoeing course
A historic B&B offering a characterful and luxurious stay in Wausau. Cosy rooms have original architecture details, gas fireplaces, and hardwood floors; the best have clawfoot tubs & balconies. Start the day with a homemade breakfast and spend evenings in the firelit library. Grown-up and romantic. See More
The Edgewater, Madison Madison (Wisconsin) 202 rooms from £108Sights nearby - Check out the Capitol building and its bustling historic square.Restaurant - Three to choose from.Views - Lake Mendota.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet
Standing tall on Lake Mendota, near to Capitol Square, this Art Deco boutique offers a luxurious stay for leisure and business guests. Modern interiors and ceiling-to-floor windows capture the light & Lakeside setting. Perfect hospitality includes the Wellness on the Water spa. See More
Blacksmith Inn on the Shore Baileys Harbor, Wisconsin 15 rooms from £113Active Holiday - With fishing, sailing and kayaking all easy accessible, the inn is the perfect spot for discovering the fun of Lake MichiganRomantic Break - Whirlpools, fireplaces and private balconies, many with hammocks, provide the backdrop for a deliciously romantic getawayKayaking - Borrow the inn's kayak and paddle across the lakeSights nearby - Take the car ferry ride to Washington Island
A charming and luxurious lakeside inn nestled on the shore in the heart of Door County, Wisconsin. Rooms are elegant and spacious with private balconies with hammocks, in-room whirlpool, fireplace and sweeping vistas of the harbour. Indulge in delicious gourmet breakfasts. An idyllic rural getaway. See More
Hamilton House Bed and Breakfast Wisconsin 8 rooms from £116Romantic Break - With an adult-only environment, cosy lounge, and select rooms offering in-room whirlpools — this is a romantic choiceActive Holiday - With its proximity to Kettle Moraine State Park, this is a great base for hiking or biking holidaysGreat walks - Kettle Moraine State Park is located just five minutes from the property and has endless hiking trailsWhirlpool Bathtub - Most of the rooms have jetted tubs, the best are large enough for two
A historic Victorian home turned into a cosy B&B near Kettle Moraine State Park in Whitewater. Rooms are decorated in rich hues and feature antiques, hardwood floors, and most have jetted tubs. With homemade breakfasts and a snug firelit lounge, this is a homely stay. Ideal for local exploring. See More
Waterfront Hotel Wisconsin 55 rooms from £116Value chic - With chic modern design, a happening restaurant, and a great downtown location — you are getting a lot for your money hereLocal exploring - Well positioned in downtown meaning that the city's main attractions plus shops and restaurants are within walking distanceGreat walks - There are plenty of options for hiking in Yellow River State Forest or Wyalusing State ParkRestaurant - Backwater Bar & Grill is open Thursday through to Sunday
A stylish and affordable modern hotel boasting a downtown riverside position. Spacious rooms have wooden floors, modern fixtures, and statement wallpaper. Backwater Bar & Grill is a lively spot with a large terrace where there's often live music too. A good choice for business or pleasure. See More
The Northland Green Bay 160 rooms from £116Weddings - Preferred venue in the city for upscale and elegant weddings with beautiful historic event spaces bursting with characterCity Style - Wonderful blend of local history, historic architecture and cutting-edge contemporary interiorsRestaurant - Poke The Bear offers drinks and pub food in a fun setting. Elegant Walnut Room restaurants is perfect for special occasionsSights nearby - Heritage Hill State Park and Green Bay Botanical Garden offer insights into the past
Built in 1924 as the largest hotel in Wisconsin, this luxury city centre grand dame retains serious appeal. Graceful Beaux Art-style public areas include two restaurants and bar with a genteel feel. Stunning and well-appointed rooms exude paired-back contemporary glamour with world-class amenities. See More
The Charmant La Crosse, Wisconsin 67 rooms from £132Great walks - Head to Riverside Park, opposite the hotel, is a beautiful setting with boats to do a scenic tour on.Sights nearby - Grandad Bluff 600-foot-high offers panoramic views of Mississippi Valley.Views - Great views from hotelFull of character
Candy factory turned landmark boutique revealing original exposed brick and wood beams. Art filled rooms are luxurious with town and park views. Hospitality is a main vein of this hotel, with restaurant, parlour and roof terrace options for dining. Business or leisure, this is the answer. See More
Commerce Street Brewery & Hotel Wisconsin 5 rooms from £132Romantic Break - Enjoy hearty meals (and a few drinks) before retreating to cosy rooms complete with whirlpool tubs (some large enough for two)Foodies - It is not fine dining, but it is very good pub fare served with the inn's house beers, craft cocktails, & hand-selected winesGreat walks - Wander through historic and picturesque Mineral Point or get out into the countryside on a nature trail walkWhirlpool Bathtub - Oversized whirlpool bathtubs in each room
A historic brewery offering a cosy pub, craft beers, and five charming rooms. Accommodation is traditional yet it has a fresh modern feel; expect fireplaces, exposed stone walls, contemporary art, and antiques. The atmospheric pub is the real heart of the property. A welcoming and convivial stay. See More
Lodge Kohler Green Bay 141 rooms from £133Local exploring - There's plenty to do locally from sports games to museums plus Door County, with its miles of coastline, is easily accessibleOther Activities - Located right besides Lambeau Stadium the property is an ideal choice for those coming to watch a gameSpa - With an extensive treatment list plus superb facilities including a state-of-the-art Hydromassage Pool, a steam room and saunaRestaurant - Taverne in the Sky rooftop bar & restaurant offers open-flame rotisserie fare and Leaps and Bounds Café serves up breakfast
A stylish contemporary hotel set beside Lambeau Stadium in Kohler. Rooms & suites have a retro-chic feel with striped wallpaper and dark wood floors; some have furnished terraces. With a lively rooftop restaurant and bar plus a spoiling spa, this is an indulgent city base perfect for football fans. See More
Hotel Indigo Madison Downtown Madison 144 rooms from £144Local exploring - Located between two lakes, this part of town attracts a trendy crowd. Visit farmer's markets, theatres and live music venuesCity Style - Feels cool and on-trend but without sacrificing traditional hotel amenities and room comfortsSights nearby - Walk to 100 year-old Wisconsin State Capitol; built with 40 different types of stone, it boasts the only granite dome in the USARestaurant - Colourful Palette Bar & Grill serves contemporary American fare, grill classics and craft cocktails in lively setting
Boutique-style hotel in trendy downtown Madison. Feel part of the neighbourhood at the popular restaurant & cocktail bar, chilling in the retro lobby lounge or admiring modern art. Rooms mesh luxurious high-tech touches with mid-century furnishings and vintage-inspired touches. Of-the-moment base. See More
Hotel Goodwin Beloit 34 rooms from £148City Style - One of the city's best boutique options, it offers the whole package; spacious suites, restaurant, rooftop and a great locationRomantic Break - Rooms have been designed for romance with statement glass showers, TVs at the foot of your bed & luxury bath productsRoof terrace - Home to Beloit's only rooftop. This popular outdoor space is home to bar, games and relaxation areasLocal exploring - Located easy walking distance to Beloit's downtown; explore its restaurants and shops on foot
Stylish boutique hotel with sexy rooms close to Beloit downtown. The historic building has been transformed into a temple of contemporary cool; think industrial-chic decor, happening rooftop bar and slick Italian restaurant. Rooms boast turntables, record collections, custom artwork and city views. See More
The Brewhouse Inn & Suites Milwaukee 90 rooms from £152Local exploring - Located bang in the heart of The Brewery District, a newly renovated historic district transformed from Pabst Brewery complexBusiness meetings - Ideal for those in town for work. In addition to high-speed wifi & generous work spaces, there are special long-stay packagesGroups - Two-bedroom suites fit up to six people, making this a great-value choice for friends or familiesSights nearby - Visit Captain Frederick Pabst Museum; the former Captain's home was built in 1892 and offers guided tours
Historic brewery transformed into a unique boutique hotel. Ranging from studios to two-bedroom suites, self-catered rooms all have kitchenettes & spacious living areas. One of a kind antique furnishings, soaring ceilings & repurposed wood add character. A fab base in the downtown Brewery District. See More
Maxwell Mansion Lake Geneva, WI 25 rooms from £155Romantic Break - With jetted tubs (in select rooms), sexy design, and an adult-only policy — this is a designed for a romantic breakBar - The Apocatheray Bar, the Speakeasy, and a terrace bar — evenings are a glamorous and serious affair here!Whirlpool Bathtub - The Carriage House rooms all have Whirlpool tubsSailing - Take a romantic cruise across Lake Geneva
A grand and historic mansion located just moments from Lake Geneva. A recent refurb means that you can choose from elegant traditional rooms or more contemporary design. Outdoors is an enormous pool with loungers and there are no less than three glamorous bars. A grown-up stay, perfect for couples. See More
The Iron Horse Milwaukee (Wisconsin) 100 rooms from £156Sights nearby - Across the bridge from the Harley Davidson Museum.Lively - Hip and happening.Full of characterSpaRecommended by - Tablet
This Harley Davidson themed luxury hotel has spacious, contemporary rooms located in a converted industrial setting. The Smyth Restaurant is traditional in Midwest cuisine, breakfast in The Library, events in The Yard and drinks at Branded Bar. Spa and gym both complete the modern, business image. See More
Hotel Metro, Milwaukee Milwaukee (Wisconsin) 63 rooms from £157Sights nearby - Ten Chimneys Foundation is a 60 acre estate with rich history and stunning collections.Spa - Relax in the salt water hot tub with waterfall.Lively - Hip and happening.Restaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - Tablet
Art Deco environmentally conscious Milwaukee landmark for business travellers and luxury seekers. Large, contemporary rooms have access to pool, spa and gym and the treat of breakfast in bed. Zen On 7 rooftop lounge is popular across town on an evening, or casual dining at the restaurant. See More
Delafield Hotel DELAFIELD, Wisconsin 38 rooms from £167City Style - With chic contemporary design, a happening cocktail bar, and creative modern cuisine — this is an undeniably stylish stayLocal exploring - Well located to access Delafield's major attractions but also the tranquility of Lake CountryGreat walks - Hike along the scenic Ice Age Trail — a natural path that has been formed by ancient glaciersRestaurant - There's modern American dining at the hotel's restaurant and a coffee bar for breakfast too
A stylish modern all-suite hotel set within close proximity to both central Delafield & the Lake Country. Huge suites feature oversized bed heads, eclectic artwork, & spoiling bathrooms with Kohler rain showers & spa tubs. With contemporary dining and a chic cocktail bar, this is a luxurious stay. See More
Ironworks Hotel, Beloit Beloit 54 rooms from £168Romantic Break - Book the Legacy Suite for a special stay; it boasts a two-sided gas fireplace, a spa-like bathroom and impressive river viewsRestaurant - Merrill & Houston's Steak Joint is one of Beloit's best restaurants; enjoy down to earth environment and classic cuisineBusiness meetings - Six unique meeting rooms spread over 4,100 square feet of event space can be booked for meetings, receptions and dinnersWeddings - Say your vows with the Rock River as your backdrop! The hotel's picturesque riverfront patio is a special wedding venue
Downtown boutique hotel located on the banks of Rock River. Inspired by the town's 19th-century ironworks past, masculine decor plays with an industrial aesthetic. As well as happening restaurant, bar and lounge, spacious and sexy suites with river views make this a fab option for romance. See More
Kinn Guesthouse Milwaukee 8 rooms from £180Local exploring - Well-located to explore all the sites along Milwaukee's Oak Leaf Trail; enjoy museums, gardens, waterparks and restaurantsSurfing - Surprisingly, Lake Michigan is a fantastic surfing spot in the winter months. Just make sure to bring your wetsuit!Great walks - The property is located closeby to access points on the Oak Leaf Trail, one of the city's beloved natural featuresSights nearby - Visit Boerner Botanical Gardens or 220-acre Wehr Nature Center
Spacious & on-trend suites in suburban Milwaukee. The historic brick exterior gives a loft feel to rooms with unique local artwork, designer furnishings & lake views. A cosy communal area with a full kitchen, fireplace, TV & seating area makes this feel like home. Fab long-stay boutique bolthole. See More
Saint Kate The Arts Hotel Milwaukee 219 rooms from £183City Style - One of the sleekest and chicest hotels in the city combining fine-dining, exciting art and plush well-designed roomsLocal exploring - The place to stay for those who love the arts; exhibitions, concerts, theatre productions and museums surround youArtworks - The hotel's vast contemporary art galleries host complimentary rotating exhibitions throughout the yearRestaurant - Two very 'of the moment' restaurants offer Neopolitan pizza in an old-world setting and artisanal American cuisine
A vibrant boutique-style hotel located in the city's entertainment district. Inspired by everything art-related expect live music, exhibitions & record players in glossy contemporary city-view rooms. Two restaurants & bars are ideal watering holes for nights on the town. A deluxe downtown delight. See More
The Foxglove Inn Wisconsin 7 rooms from £191Local exploring - Within walking distance of Sturgeon Bay's downtown filled with shops, restaurants, & bars plus Door Country is easily accessibleRomantic Break - The spacious suites offer complete privacy and most have fireplaces and double jetted tubs. A romantic choiceGreat walks - With Door County easily accessible there are endless choices for scenic lakeside walksWhirlpool Bathtub - Most of the suites feature double whirlpool tubs
An all-suite adult-only B&B set in a quiet district near downtown Sturgeon Bay. Vast suites offer large sitting areas and boast gas fireplaces, antiques, and either jetted tubs or clawfoot tubs. There are no common areas and the friendly host is on-call but gives guests privacy. A romantic hideaway. See More
The Geneva Inn Lake Geneva, WI (Lake Geneva) 37 rooms from £195Romantic Break - Choose a lake view suite with oversized soaking tub and private balcony for a romantic breakLocal exploring - There's a wonderful choice of outdoor pursuits plus theatre, dining, and shopping nearbyActive Holiday - From sailing to skiing, there's an array of outdoor pursuits in the regionRestaurant - The fine dining Grandview Restaurant serves prime steaks, fresh seafood and traditional Wisconsin dishes
An elegant small hotel boasting an enviable location overlooking Lake Geneva. Spacious rooms and suites are traditionally dressed yet with a fresh modern feel. Most rooms offer private balconies and soaking tubs. A fine dining restaurant is a romantic spot. An indulgent stay, well suited to couples. See More
Rochester Inn Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin 6 rooms from £199Romantic Break - The adult-only environment and charming rooms with fireplaces and whirlpool tubs, make this ideal for a cosy break for twoLocal exploring - Situated near Kohler, Sheboygan, and Elkhart Lake, this is the ideal base to enjoy Sheboygan County fromWhirlpool Bathtub - Signature Two Storey Suites have double whirlpool tubs and Classic Guest Rooms have single whirlpool tubsGreat walks - There are several state parks to choose from for scenic hiking (or biking) trails
A charming traditional inn set in Sheboygan Falls. Suites and rooms are all classically styled with antiques, print wallpaper, thick carpets, and four-posters. The best are double-storey. Extra luxuries include whirlpool tubs and Gilchrist & Soames Thymes products. A very cosy and romantic base. See More
Justin Trails Resort Sparta, Wisconsin 7 rooms from £249Groups - The Paul Bunyon Log Cabin, The Cottage, and the Camping Cabin all have multiple rooms so they are ideal for groups or familiesFamilies - There's family accommodation, plenty of space for little ones to run around in, and the opportunity for kids to campCountry Escape - Set on 200 acres and with cosy accommodation and plenty of activities, this is rural blissGreat walks - The resort includes 200 acres of woodland, hills, and meadows — perfect for walking
A charming collection of cabins, suites, and glamping accommodation set within 200-acres of woodlands and meadows. Each room or cabin is individual but all have fireplaces, plenty of pine, and whirlpool tubs. With endless on-site activities, this is perfect for a romantic break or family holiday. See More
Kimpton Journeyman Hotel Milwaukee 158 rooms from £260City Style - A suave and sophisticated city break hotel in Milwaukee's most desirable area, with gourmet cusine and a lively rooftop barRomantic Break - For an extra romantic vibe choose the King Spa rooms with enormous soaking tubs and silky soft sheetsLocal markets - Milwaukee Public Market is just a few minutes down the road and is well known for its artisan food producersRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet
This characterful new-build is a fantastic addition to the Historic Third Ward area. The rooms offer understated opulence with Frette linen, tasteful art and indulgent bathrooms. With a choice of two restaurants, an excellent gym and a pet pampering policy it is a perfect city break. See More
Canoe Bay Chetek, Wisconsin 26 rooms from £273Hideaway - Beautiful surroundings make this idyllic hideaway worth the trip. Make sure to ask for directions, don't rely on GPS.Fishing - The lake offers a world of activities come the summer months - fishing, boating, swimming, walking.Kayaking - Kayaking in the summer is a fantastic way to pass an afternoon.Restrictions on children - Adults only.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Magical and memorable stay on a pristine lake in the heart of Wisconsin. Luxurious rooms some with fireplaces and others offering private saunas. Explore activities in sun or snow. The taste experience "Fresher is Better" approach hits the spot aided by the extensive wine list. A fantastic stay! See More
Inn at Wawanissee Point Wisconsin 4 rooms from £281Country Escape - A peaceful rural hideaway set on a 42-acre plot with far reaching views across the picturesque Lake Wisconsin ValleyRomantic Break - Choose the romantic Bordeaux room with an in-room two person jetted tub and fireplaceGreat walks - Take long walks through the grounds and out into the surrounding meadows and forests (in the winter snowshoes are provided)Whirlpool Bathtub - The Bordeaux room has an in-room massage-therapy tub for two and the Bird's Nest room has the same but for one person
A secluded adults-only country house B&B with enviable views across Lake Wisconsin Valley. Four rooms are individually styled, the most luxurious of which have in-room massage therapy tubs and fireplaces. Expect homemade breakfasts, trail walking a-plenty, and serene gardens. A relaxing rural break. See More
Hillside Waterfront Hotel Ephraim, Wisconsin 7 rooms from £286Active Holiday - Kayaking, paddleboarding, sailing, and romantic cruises are especially popular on the lake in the summer monthsSights nearby - A day at Rock Island State Park is a must if you plan to explore the Washington Island area of Door CountyGreat walks - Discover the endless trails nearby to the innSailing - Can be booked nearby.
An elegant waterfront inn, in the heart of the quiet town of Ephraim. Rooms are spacious and airy with white and cream colour schemes, fireplaces, whirlpool tubs and private balconies showcasing the outstanding waterfront views of Eagle Harbor. A romantic choice for a rural escape. See More