15 of the Best Côte d'Azur Beach Hotels
Goodness, it's crowded on the Riviera these days! And it can be a tough job to find a room in one of the best Côte d'Azur beach hotels. But if you’re prepared to put up with the traffic, the brash holidaymakers on the beaches, the sheer press of people in the towns and villages and the wild expense, then you’ll be rewarded by the sunshine and glamour that the Côte d'Azur still undeniably possesses.
The press of flesh, even glamorous, highly cared for flesh, will leave you with the need for a cool, comforting hotel in which to retreat to. Somewhere chic, but not too fussy or glitzy, with the ambiance of a calm oasis… And these hotels do exist, you just have to know about them: and they form the backbone of our Guru’s list of 15 of the best Côte d'Azur beach hotels. And some of them won’t even remotely threaten to break the bank.
15 of the Best Côte d'Azur Beach Hotels
The Most Glamorous Beach Hotels on the Côte d'Azur
- La Voile d'Or was once a famous spot - it’s not clear why it’s fallen from favour, but it goes in your favour as it exclusive charm, antiques, good food and private beach are now more accessible.
- Or try the hugely glamorous ‘A’ list Cap Estel, a Mediterranean mansion on a private clifftop peninsular with its own beach, beautiful saltwater infinity pool, spa and gourmet restaurant.
The Best Hotel Views on the Côte d'Azur
- Brise Marine in St Jean Cap Ferrat is an Italianate villa hotel with 16 simple, traditional rooms and glorious views.
The Most Romantic Côte d'Azur Beach Hotels
- Le Roquebrune in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin is a romantic, six room hotel with beautiful rooms, private breakfast terraces, an excellent seafood restaurant and beautiful ocean views.
The Best Value Beach Hotels on the Côte d'Azur
- La Jabotte in Antibes is an adorable nine room hotel with rustic charms and a charming, orange scented sealed courtyard, with prices starting from €80 per night.
- From around €109 per night, and with excellent ocean views too, is the Hotel les Deux Freres, an old schoolhouse renovation turned nine room hotel in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin,
- or the Windsor in Nice, a quirky mid-sized hotel with an exotic garden.
- And from around €115 per night you can stay at Le Verger Maelvi, a peaceful hotel just outside St-Tropez, with 14 rooms and suites all set in a secluded garden around a swimming pool. The rooms are large and have private terraces and the bar is friendly.
Please note that all the prices mentioned here are for low season - expect to pay a premium in the peak summer months!
The Best Hotels for a Côte d'Azur Beach break
- Le Bailli de Suffren has a fabulous location right by the sea with direct beach access, but it’s also got an enormous pool and sun deck, a spa and three restaurants.
- La Belle Aurore is beautifully positioned right up against the ocean, just outside Sainte-Maxime. The decor is warm and typically Provençal, most rooms have a private balcony, and there's an excellent restuarnt too.
The Best Beach Hotels on the Côte d'Azur for Privacy
- Le Ferme d'Augustin is right on the coastline a short distance out of St-Tropez and Tahiti Beach surrounded by lovely private, green gardens of lemon and olive trees.
- If you want privacy in the heart of things then try the Chateau De La Messardiere a luxurious, secluded resort with a large pool and spa overlooking St-Tropez bay.
If you can’t find your idea of the Côte d'Azur's best beach hotels on our Guru’s list of 15 of the best beach hotels on the Côte d'Azur you could:
- Expand your search to include our Guru’s complete list of the best places to stay on the Côte d'Azur?
- Or come back off the beach consider our Guru's recommendations for 10 of the Best Hotels in the Côte d'Azur’s Hills?
- Or choose a popular Côte d'Azur base, and search for the best places to stay in Cannes, the best places to stay in Nice, or the best places to stay in St-Tropez,
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
15 of the Best Côte d'Azur Beach Hotels
La Voile d'Or Saint Jean Cap Ferrat (Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat) 45 rooms from £321Swimming Pool - Two outdoor salt-water swimming pools with stunning sea views, one roof top, the other right by the waterSights nearby - Visit the royal Palace Monaco at 11.55am for the daily changing of the guard on the square in front.On the beach - Private beach, small and rocky.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Michelin Travel
A romantic historic hotel on the coast, in the heart of Saint Jean Cap Ferrat just ten km from Monaco. Exuding old world charm through white walls, parquet floors and antique furnishings. Good food, spectacular views and very well located for local exploring in this most exclusive part of the coast. See More
Brise Marine Saint Jean Cap Ferrat 18 rooms from £128Local markets - Visit Nice's exuberant flower, fruit and local produce market in the Cours Saleya, just behind the Promenade des Anglais.Great walks - Take in the wonderful views of and from the peninsula by following one of the coastal paths.Sights nearby - La Chapelle Saint HospiceBarefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.
Hotel les Deux Freres Roquebrune Cap Martin (Cote d'Azur) 9 rooms from £95Views - Stunning views over the Cote d'Azur and MonacoOutstanding locationGreat walks - Good for walkers.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Les Deux Freres is a 19th century renovation of an old school house with stunning views over the coastline and Monaco below. Old-world classic glamour all the way. Gastronomic restaurant with terrace for soaking up the vista. Great location, very romantic, unrivalled views. See More
Le Canberra Cannes (Cote d'Azur) 35 rooms from £122Outstanding location - A few minutes wall from La Croisette and the beach.Beach LifeSwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape
Cap Estel Eze (Cote d'Azur) 18 rooms from £754Swimming Pool - Salt-water infinity pool overlooking the sea and Indoor poolBeach nearby - Private beach.ChicOutstanding locationRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Kiwi Collection
Windsor Nice 54 rooms from £104City Style - This stylish hotel with rooms designed by contemporary artists, is perfectly located for absorbing the nightlife and beaches.Total relaxation - Chill out in the shady garden, take a dip in the hotel pool and avail of the on site spa treaments and hammam.Great walks - You'll have great fun exploring the narrow, cobblestone pedestrian streets of Vieille Ville de Nice, just 900m from the hotel.Local markets - Check out the Monday morning antique market on the Cours Saleya.Recommended by - I Escape, Michelin Travel
Le Roquebrune Roquebrune Cap Martin 6 rooms from £104Romantic Break - Romantic terraces, creamy rooms, and ocean views.Foodies - Fantastic seafood restaurant.Views - Great views from hotelSights nearby - Grimaldi Forum, Japanese Garden, Casino Monte Carlo and Monaco Harbour.
A romantic little hotel on the coast with ocean views and beautiful bedrooms. Creamy rooms have private breakfast terraces and all the mod cons. Excellent seafood restaurant serves dinner, a short walk from the beach and the main attractions. Very romantic and good value too. See More
La Jabotte Antibes (Cote d'Azur) 9 rooms from £69Restrictions on children - From 8 years and above onlyLocal markets - Good for local colour.TraditionalSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Sawdays
Le Verger Maelvi Grimaud 14 rooms from £100Value chic - With rooms starting from just €98 per night, it's great value in a very expensive area!Local markets - Visit the daily local marketSights nearby - Port GrimaudSecluded setting - For escaping.
Located just 15 minutes from St.Tropez is this quiet hotel with fourteen rooms and suites all set in a secluded garden with swimming pool. Large rooms with private terraces, free parking and a communal bar. Perfect for those looking for a more relaxed spot away from the coast. See More
Le Bailli de Suffren Rayol Canadel sur Mer (Avenue des Américains) 55 rooms from £208Beach Life - The property has its own private beach accessible only by stepsLuxury - Stylish with all the amenities and direct access to the beach.Foodies - Three excellent restaurants to choose from.Views - Spectacular ocean views.
The perfect beachside hotel in a fabulous setting. Directly on the seafront sits a luxurious spot that includes large rooms and suites with private balconies and ocean views. An enormous pool and sun deck area, three restaurants, and therapeutic spa. A glamourous choice for a beach break. See More
Le Ferme d'Augustin St Tropez 22 rooms from £130FamiliesGroupsPrivate Hot Tub - Some rooms have hot tub bathsSights nearby - Only 5 mins from St TropezRecommended by - Sawdays
Fabulous coastline farmhouse hotel within striking distance of St. Tropez and Tahiti Beach. Wonderful greenery in the garden viewed from sunlit rooms and suites with private terraces. Couples, families, groups of friends can enjoy delicious food and relax amongst the lemon trees and olive groves. See More
La Belle Aurore Sainte Maxime (Sainte-Maxime) 17 rooms from £162Fishing - Find a quiet spot along the coast and enjoy an afternoon fishingSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.
La Belle Aurore is located a short distance outside Sainte-Maxime. Provides unfussy accommodation with warm, typically Provençal hues and boasting private balconies-the ideal spot to relax with a tipple. Enjoy top-notch regional cuisine and splendid views at the restaurant! A charming coastal stay. See More
Chateau De La Messardiere St Tropez (83990) 117 rooms from £260Total relaxation - A glamorous retreat in the hills above Saint-Tropez boasting an extensive spa, hammam, steam baths and impeccable service.Swimming Pool - Huge outdoor heated pool with stunning views over the Bay of St Tropez, plus an indoor pool in the spa.Sights nearby - The hotel runs a shuttle bus to St Tropez centre, head down and check out the sights.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
Glitzy and secluded luxury hotel set in a picturesque fairytale style chateaux, overlooking St Tropez bay. Ornate rooms are modern yet with a distinctly old world france feel. A perfect base for total relaxation, with lovely gardens, a good restaurant and a large pool and spa. See More