15 of the Best Côte d'Azur Beach Hotels
The Côte d'Azur's coast is one of the most iconic destinations for a summer break with its stunning beaches, coastal trails, and offshore islands. Then there are (of course) the glamorous bars, restaurants, and hotels. The choice of accommodation can be somewhat overwhelming which is why our hotel experts have compiled a collection of the best Côte d'Azur beach hotels. Our list has everything from glitzy five-stars to great value beach hideaways all along the coast from Nice to St Tropez. So why not browse through our collection to start planning your next getaway?
- The glamorous ‘A’ list Cap Estel is a stunning Mediterranean mansion on a private clifftop peninsula with its own beach. Boasting a beautiful saltwater infinity pool, spa and gourmet restaurant — this is the full package.
- Le Grand Hotel is a five-star hotel located on La Croisette in Cannes. Set within verdant gardens, the hotel's rooms are bright and airy with modern interior design. With an exclusive gourmet restaurant, this is a luxury seaside getaway.
- Located right on the coast a few miles outside Saint-Raphaël, Les Roches Rouges is a splendid five-star stay. Light, airy understated accommodation features pale palettes and wooden furniture. Expect two restaurants (beach or gourmet) for Provencal delights, plus two pools to choose from.
- Grand Hotel du Cap Ferrat oozes sunny decadence. Contemporary interiors retain their original art deco features and quintessential Riviera character, with grand high ceilings, arches and colonnades. A Michelin starred restaurant seals the deal.
- La Reserve de Beaulieu is a high-end hotel with a celebrated gourmet restaurant and a luxurious pool. Expect high ceilings and aristocratic elegance with antiques and priceless objets d'art. A sophisticated stay.
For the views
- Brise Marine in St Jean Cap Ferrat is a lovely Italianate villa hotel. The simple, traditional rooms open onto charming flower-filled terraces with glorious views. An oasis of calm just a two minute walk from beautiful Riviera beaches.
- Tiara Miramar Beach Hotel & Spa is a luxurious hillside property offering spectacular views across the beautiful Riviera. Spacious rooms are light and bright and boast floor to ceiling glass windows. With a very good Provençal restaurant, a spa, and an infinity pool, there is a lot to like here.
- Le Roquebrune in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin is a romantic small hotel with beautiful rooms, private breakfast terraces, an excellent seafood restaurant and beautiful ocean views. A perfect hideaway for two.
For great value
- La Jabotte in Antibes is an adorable nine-room hotel with rustic interiors and a charming, orange-scented sealed courtyard. With prices starting from €84 per night (low season), this is an affordable Riviera choice.
- From around €109 per night pick Hotel les Deux Freres. this is an old schoolhouse renovation turned into a nine-room hotel in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin with excellent ocean views. Despite the price tag, expect an excellent restaurant and old-world classic glamour all the way!
- The Windsor in Nice is a quirky hotel with original decoration and an exotic garden. This is a good value option set back from the seaside but within walking distance of all Nice has to offer.
- Royal Antibes is a chic contemporary property right on the waterfront. Large glass-fronted windows unfurl impressive views while indoors there is simple white on white design. Complete with a trendy brasserie and a spoiling spa — this is a real treat at surprisingly affordable rates.
For a beach break
- Le Bailli de Suffren has a fabulous location right by the sea with direct beach access, but it’s also got an enormous pool and sun deck, a spa and three restaurants. A has-it-all stay.
- Villa Azur is a modern hotel set directly on the beach near Marina Baie des Anges. Expect rooms that are minimalist and sleek and many that boast superb ocean views. Spend days on the beach before returning for sunset cocktails on the veranda. A chic choice.
- La Villa Mauresque is a unique and beautiful Neo-Moorish villa on the Cote d'Azur blessed with dazzling panoramic views. The rooms all have their own character and the best have terraces with private hot tubs. With private beach access, this is a tranquil coastal stay.
- La Belle Aurore is set a short distance outside Sainte-Maxime and just 5-minutes from the beach. Here you will find unfussy accommodation with Provençal hues and private balconies. A stunning restaurant looks out over the coast. A good choice for a romantic getaway.
- La Pinede Plage is a smart four-star hotel is located on the Gigaro beach, just south of Ramatuelle. Rooms are minimalist and sophisticated and the best offer a private balcony with sea views. Enjoy fine dining and spa treatments. An indulgent stay.
- Le Ferme d'Augustin is right on the coastline a short distance out of St-Tropez and Tahiti Beach surrounded by lovely private gardens with lemon and olive trees. A charming oasis near all the action.
- If you want privacy in the heart of things then try the Chateau De La Messardiere, a luxurious, secluded resort with a large pool and spa overlooking St-Tropez bay. A luxury choice.
Still not sure where to book?
- Expand your search to include our Guru’s complete list of the best places to stay on the Côte d'Azur.
- Stay away from the beach and consider our Guru's recommendations for the Best Hotels in the Côte d'Azur’s Hills.
- Choose a popular Côte d'Azur base and search for the best places to stay in Cannes, the best places to stay in Nice, or the best places to stay in St-Tropez.
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Brise Marine Saint Jean Cap Ferrat 18 rooms from £128Local markets - Visit Nice's exuberant flower, fruit and local produce market in the Cours Saleya, just behind the Promenade des Anglais.Great walks - Take in the wonderful views of and from the peninsula by following one of the coastal paths.Sights nearby - La Chapelle Saint HospiceBarefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.
Hotel les Deux Freres Roquebrune-Cap-Martin (Cote d'Azur) 9 rooms from £95Views - Stunning views over the Cote d'Azur and MonacoOutstanding locationTennisRestaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Les Deux Freres is a 19th century renovation of an old school house with stunning views over the coastline and Monaco below. Old-world classic glamour all the way. Gastronomic restaurant with terrace for soaking up the vista. Great location, very romantic, unrivalled views. See More
Le Canberra Cannes (Cote d'Azur) 35 rooms from £122Outstanding location - A few minutes wall from La Croisette and the beach.Beach LifeSwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape
Cap Estel Eze (Cote d'Azur) 18 rooms from £754Swimming Pool - Salt-water infinity pool overlooking the sea and Indoor poolBeach nearby - Private beach.ChicOutstanding locationRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Kiwi Collection
Windsor Nice 54 rooms from £104City Style - This stylish hotel with rooms designed by contemporary artists, is perfectly located for absorbing the nightlife and beaches.Total relaxation - Chill out in the shady garden, take a dip in the hotel pool and avail of the on site spa treaments and hammam.Great walks - You'll have great fun exploring the narrow, cobblestone pedestrian streets of Vieille Ville de Nice, just 900m from the hotel.Local markets - Check out the Monday morning antique market on the Cours Saleya.Recommended by - I Escape, Michelin Travel
Le Roquebrune Roquebrune-Cap-Martin 6 rooms from £104Romantic Break - Romantic terraces, creamy rooms, and ocean views.Foodies - Fantastic seafood restaurant.Views - Great views from hotelSights nearby - Grimaldi Forum, Japanese Garden, Casino Monte Carlo and Monaco Harbour.
A romantic little hotel on the coast with ocean views and beautiful bedrooms. Creamy rooms have private breakfast terraces and all the mod cons. Excellent seafood restaurant serves dinner, a short walk from the beach and the main attractions. Very romantic and good value too. See More
La Jabotte Antibes (Cote d'Azur) 9 rooms from £142Restrictions on children - From 8 years and above onlyLocal markets - Good for local colour.TraditionalSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Sawdays
Le Bailli de Suffren Rayol-Canadel-sur-Mer (Avenue des Américains) 55 rooms from £208Beach Life - The property has its own private beach accessible only by stepsLuxury - Stylish with all the amenities and direct access to the beach.Foodies - Three excellent restaurants to choose from.Views - Spectacular ocean views.
The perfect beachside hotel in a fabulous setting. Directly on the seafront sits a luxurious spot that includes large rooms and suites with private balconies and ocean views. An enormous pool and sun deck area, three restaurants, and therapeutic spa. A glamourous choice for a beach break. See More
Le Ferme d'Augustin St-Tropez 22 rooms from £130FamiliesGroupsRestaurant - Mediterranean cuisine accompanied by wine from the hotel's own vineyard.Private Hot Tub - Some rooms have hot tub bathsRecommended by - Sawdays
Fabulous coastline farmhouse hotel within striking distance of St. Tropez and Tahiti Beach. Wonderful greenery in the garden viewed from sunlit rooms and suites with private terraces. Couples, families, groups of friends can enjoy delicious food and relax amongst the lemon trees and olive groves. See More
La Pinède Plage Ramatuelle (St Tropez) 32 rooms from £234Beach Life - Located on a coveted beach in sunny St Tropez, this hotel is a perfect choice for a relaxing beach holidayTotal relaxation - With a spa, restaurant and beach access, this hotel ticks all the boxes for total relaxationRomantic Break - Couples will love the hotel's cosy rooms and pretty sea views, plus the gourmet restaurantGreat walks - Explore the natural beauty of the St Tropez peninsula on a long walk; enquire at the hotel for recommended routes
This smart four star hotel is located on the Gigaro beach, just south of Ramatuelle. Rooms are minimalist and sophisticated with a subtle, nautical colour palette; the best offer a private balcony with sea views. Enjoy fine dining at the hotel restaurant before a spa treatment. An indulgent stay. See More
Chateau De La Messardiere St-Tropez (83990) 117 rooms from £260Total relaxation - A glamorous retreat in the hills above Saint-Tropez boasting an extensive spa, hammam, steam baths and impeccable service.Swimming Pool - Huge outdoor heated pool with stunning views over the Bay of St Tropez, plus an indoor pool in the spa.Sights nearby - The hotel runs a shuttle bus to St Tropez centre, head down and check out the sights.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
Glitzy and secluded luxury hotel set in a picturesque fairytale style chateaux, overlooking St Tropez bay. Ornate rooms are modern yet with a distinctly old world france feel. A perfect base for total relaxation, with lovely gardens, a good restaurant and a large pool and spa. See More
La Reserve de Beaulieu Beaulieu sur Mer (06310 Beaulieu-sur-Mer) 39 rooms from £295Foodies - Gastronomes will love the 3 Michelin starred restaurant which this hotel is famous forGreat walks - The lovely walk from north to south of the town along the coast is about 2km, with two beaches, two ports and a pretty promenadeSights nearby - Visit the stunning Villa Kérylos, a meticulous recreation of a luxurious Greek Villa from the second century BCSpa - With hammam, hot tub and ten treatment roomsRecommended by - Tablet
A high-end hotel with a celebrated gourmet restaurant and a luxurious pool. Expect high ceilings and aristocratic elegance with antiques and priceless objets d'art galore. Large rooms have sumptuous furnishings in matching colours, with warm Provencal tones running throughout. A sophisticated treat! See More
Royal Antibes Antibes 64 rooms from £108Spa breaks - A glorious spa and wellness space using Cinq Mondes products, a French brand famed for its aromatherapy.Beach Life - A one minute walk from the beach and glass fronted rooms with stunning sea views.Sights nearby - Take a stroll around the battlements and their rampart walks, the oldest part of the city.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
A chic contemporary property right on the waterfront. Large glass-fronted windows unfurl impressive views. Simple white on white design with splashes of colour from the modern art. A trendy brasserie with creative Mediterranean cuisine. A spoiling spa. A real treat at surprisingly affordable rates. See More
La Villa Mauresque Saint Raphael (Boulouris) 17 rooms from £169Restaurant - Mediterranean Provencal cuisineViews - Great views from hotelSailing - Can be booked nearby.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
A unique and beautiful Neo-Moorish villa on the Cote d'Azur blessed with dazzling panoramic views. The rooms all have their own character, some with private hot tubs. Neutral tones with lashings of vibrant colour - spacious, airy and light. Soak up the Mediterranean air: a perfect beach break. See More
Grand Hotel du Cap-Ferrat Saint Jean Cap Ferrat (06230 Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat) 73 rooms from £805Romantic Break - In a stunning location, surrounded by romantic gardens and terraces, this is an ideal spot for a luxurious getaway for twoFoodies - Enjoy stunning Mediterranean cuisine at Le Cap Restaurant which boasts 1 Michelin starSights nearby - Head to the villas of Santo Sospir and Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild, as interesting as they are magnificentSwimming Pool - Stunning saltwater infinity pool that literally hangs above the Med, plus another indoor pool in the spa
Luxury hotel which oozes sunny decadence. Contemporary interiors retain their art deco features and its quintessential Riviera character, with grand high ceilings, arches and colonnades; while light-filled rooms have a fresh palette and tasteful decor. The Michelin starred restaurant seals the deal! See More
La Belle Aurore Sainte-Maxime 17 rooms from £162Fishing - Find a quiet spot along the coast and enjoy an afternoon fishingShort break - Located less than 30 miles away from Toulon - Hyeres AirportSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Views - Great views from hotel
La Belle Aurore is located a short distance outside Sainte-Maxime. Provides unfussy accommodation with warm, typically Provençal hues and boasting private balconies-the ideal spot to relax with a tipple. Enjoy top-notch regional cuisine and splendid views at the restaurant! A charming coastal stay. See More
Le Grand Hotel Cannes (Boulevard de la Croisette 45) 75 rooms from £113City Style - With a stand-out location and stylish, contemporary feel, this hotel makes a great modern stayBeach Life - With its own coveted private beach, this hotel makes a great base for a beach holidayRomantic Break - Book a suite with a private hot tub for a romantic getaway with added luxurySailing - Yacht clubs abound in Cannes; book an exclusive sailing trip and enjoy a relaxing day on the seaRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
This five-star hotel is located on La Croisette in Cannes. Set within verdant gardens, the hotel's rooms are bright and airy with modern interior design and comfy beds. The best offer a private terrace and hot tub with sea views. Dine at the exclusive gourmet restaurant. A luxury seaside getaway. See More
Tiara Miramar Beach Hotel & Spa Theoule sur Mer 59 rooms from £231Total relaxation - A luxurious hotel in a tranquil and stunning part of the French Riviera.Sailing - Sail directly to the hotel and park up in the hotel's private jetty.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
A luxurious hillside property offering spectacular views across the beautiful Riviera. Spacious rooms are light and bright with pops of bright pink coming from the soft furnishings and floor to ceiling glass windows. Feast on Provençal specialities in the restaurant and unwind by the infinity pool. See More
Villa Azur Cagnes-sur-Mer 24 rooms from £139Beach Life - With beautiful sea views and luxurious rooms, it's perfect for a romantic break on the beach.Sights nearby - Take a day trip to Nice to visit the stunning old town architecture such as the Chapelle de la Miséricorde or Palais Lascaris.Local markets - Located just eight miles from the fantastic Nice Cours Saleya and Flower Market.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
An excellent, modern hotel set directly on the beach near Marina Baie des Anges. Awash with contemporary elegance, the rooms are minimalist and sleek, many boasting superb views out over the ocean. After a day on the beach, enjoy sublime sunsets over a cocktail on the veranda. See More
Les Roches Rouges Saint Raphael (Saint-Raphaël) 44 rooms from £162Swimming Pool - Two pools - one natural salt water pool right by the sea, and one heated fresh water lap pool.Sights nearby - The historic Lérins Abbey is a lovely spot to wander aroundGreat walks - Head off hiking through the Esterel Massif mountain rangeKayaking - The hotel has a two man kayak which you can borrowRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Located right on the coast a few miles outside Saint-Raphaël, Les Roches Rouges is a splendid 5* stay. Light, airy understated accommodation features pale palettes and wooden furniture. Two restaurants (beach or gourmet) for Provencal delights, plus two pools to choose from. Truly dreamy! See More