- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
The Best Hotels in Nové Mesto
Lined up right beside Prague’s Old Town, Staré Mesto, the Nové Mesto, or New Town, is part of the Praha 1 district, right in the heart of this beautiful city, and including Wenceslas Square and the National Museum and National Theatre. The majority of Prague’s headline sights are within strolling distance of all of our Guru’s recommendations for the best hotels in Nové Mesto, and you’re on all three Metro lines and a number of tram lines.
Wenceslas Square is more than a square, it’s the start of Prague’s main boulevard, which begins at the National Museum (which is a sort of natural history as well as a history museum). From then on the boulevard is lined with bars, restaurants and casinos, and some of Prague’s best book shops.
The Nové Mesto is also where Prague’s Botanical Gardens are located, in the grounds of the Charles University. And where you’ll find the Prague City Museum, the Museum of Communism, and the fascinating, and surprisingly busy, Mucha Museum
The Best Hotels in Nové Mesto
- The Grand Mark is an opulent, five star hotel close to Republic Square, with 75 stunning rooms and suites - some with private balconies. The decor fuses the traditional with the contemporary, and there’s a choice of places to eat, a terrace and a garden.
- The Art Deco Imperial Hotel is another five star hotel, this one with a fabulous feel of old fashioned romance. The 126 rooms and suites are rather palatial, with high ceilings, grand beds and stand alone bathtubs. The restaurant is very good, the spa offers a wide range of treatments and the living areas are beautifully decorated.
For a City Break
- The Hotel Unic is a chic, affordable, 90 room hotel in the centre of town. There are 90 contemporary, and rather spacious, rooms, plus a trendy bar.
- The Icon Hotel & Lounge is a contemporary hotel with 31 rooms and suites and an excellent restaurant and spa. The decor is pale with whitewashed walls and light wood floors, but there are splashes of colour.
Small and Chic
- Miss Sophie’s is in a great spot just a few minutes from Wenceslas Square. There are 16 rooms with urban-chic decor in muted tones. Great for short trips and close to bars and restaurants
- For around €70 per night you can stay at the Motel One, Prague, a contemporary, 141 room hotel perfect for business, but also great value for those exploring the city.
If you haven’t found your idea of the best hotels in Nové Mesto on our Guru’s list you could:
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Prague,
- or our Guru’s collection of the best hotels in Staré Mesto?
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
The Best Hotels in Nové Mesto
The Grand Mark 75 rooms from £148Prague
An opulent Five Star hotel close to Republic Square. Stunning rooms and suites mix traditional elements with contemporary furnishings. Private balconies, all the mod cons, huge living space. Fantastic restaurants, terraces, and gardens. For the luxury traveller.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Romantic BreakCity StyleFoodiesRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
Art Deco Imperial hotel 126 rooms from £110Prague
A fabulous Five Star hotel with old style romance. Palatial rooms and suites in muted tones have grand beds, high ceilings and stand alone bath tubs. Excellent traditional restaurant, top of the range spa facilities, and wonderfully decorated living areas. A great choice for a romantic getaway.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Romantic BreakCity StyleRomantic - Good for couples.
Hotel UNIC 90 rooms from £91Prague (1-Petrská čtvrť)
A chic and stylish hotel in Prague's city centre. The modern rooms are comfortable and spacious and the trendy Aliter Bar is a great place to enjoy some local tapped beer. Close to the main sights, and with great nightlife on the doorstep, it's an ideal launchpad to explore the city.City Style - Understated, elegant and utterly divine- with soft grey walls and trendy design features, just ten minutes from the Old Town.Local markets - Just a five minutes walk from the farmers market at Namesti Republiky.Sights nearby - A twenty minutes walk from Charles Bridge and Prague Castle.Recommended by - Tablet, I Escape
The Icon Hotel & Lounge 31 rooms from £79Prague (Praha 1)
A hip contemporary hotel with a fabulous spa. Modern rooms and suites have white washed walls, light wood floors, splashes of purple and all the mod cons. Excellent restaurant and spa. A sophisticated hotel with a lively vibe.Spa breaksSights nearby - The Most Sacred Heart of Our Lord chuch in Vinohrady.SpaLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape, Tablet
Miss Sophie's 16 rooms from £134Prague (Praha 2-Nové Město)
Miss Sophie's enjoys a fantastic location, just a few minutes walk from Wenceslas Square, Prague. Featuring urban-chic boutique style interiors, think exposed bulbs and brick walls, muted tones and plush beds. A splendidly charming hidden gem, perfect for short trips away.Local exploring - With most of the city's attractions just around the corner there's no excuse not to fully take in all that Prague has to offerCity Style - Miss Sophie's has recently been given a fresh new look by the renowned Czech architect Olga NovotnáGreat walks - Meander through this historic city taking in its beautiful architecture or take a stroll by the banks of the DanubeSights nearby - Head over to Old Town Square, walk over Charles Bridge or visit the impressive Prague Castle
Motel One, Prague 141 rooms from £61Prague
City style with contemporary bedrooms, comfortable beds and granite bathrooms. A quiet lobby, suitable for business meetings or relaxing after a day exploring the city. Located in Prague's first district in the city centre, there are lots of restaurants and lively bars nearby.Value chic - Exceptional value in the centre of PragueGreat walks - Walk the lively Žižkov districtSights nearby - Wenceslas Square minutes away