The 7 Best Hotels in Santa Cruz, Seville
Santa Cruz is the true centre of Seville. Draw a ring around the incredible Gothic cathedral and you’ll find it filled with winding, cobbled alleys, small squares with flowery balconies and traditional cafes, restaurants and tapas bars. If you choose to stay in one of the best hotels in Santa Cruz you’ll be right in the heart of things, but also spoilt by roof terrace views and plenty of choice when it comes to cafes, bars and restaurants.
Santa Cruz is bordered by the Real Alcázar, the Calle Mateos Gago, the Calle Santa María La Blanca, and the Jardines de Murillo - some of Seville’s headline sights, as well as Santa Cruz’s. The Giralda, which was once a minaret, also belongs on this ‘must-do’ list.
Santa Cruz was the old Jewish quarter, and, rather conversely, has some of Seville’s oldest churches - when the Jews were expelled from Spain all the synagogues were turned into churches. But the labyrinth of streets is the same as it was when it was the Jewish quarter - their narrowness and the bijou size of the squares were designed to protect the inhabitants from the sun of a Sevillian summer. If you’re interested in this part of the area’s history make sure to visit the covered passageways of the Juderia.
As well as being central, historic, extremely atmospheric, beautiful and smelling heavenly - there are a lot of orange trees here - Santa Cruz is also said to be the birthplace of literary bad boy, Don Juan Tenorio - you can see a statue of him in the Plaza de la Alianza.
The Most Luxurious Hotels in Santa Cruz
- Casa 1800 is a luxurious hotel with 33 rooms arranged around an elegant central courtyard. The decor is perfect - think opulent chandeliers, exposed stone and four-poster beds. You are in the vibrant heart of town with a rooftop terrace and pool offering spectacular views.
- The EME Catedral Hotel is a sumptuous hotel with an amazing roof terrace with views of the cathedral. The decor is stylish and there’s a Michelin-starred restaurant and a luxurious spa.
- Smaller and simpler, the Alminar hotel is just across the quiet, pedestrianised way from the cathedral - we’re talking 50 metres away. That does mean the cathedral views from the bedroom’s balconies might be a touch detailed, but it’s pretty amazing. The decor is minimalist and the rooms are large and well laid out.
For great value
- The Hotel Elvira Plaza is a charming, boutique hotel with nine, chic, whitewashed rooms with large windows opening out onto the street of a very central, but tree-lined plaza. There are two restaurants, and rooms start from just under £100 per night.
- Also just under £100 per night, the Hotel Dona Maria is a well located townhouse hotel with 62 traditionally elegant rooms and suites - some suitable for families, just a five minute walk from the Alcázar of Seville. The hotel has an elegant sitting rooms, an exotic courtyard gage’s and a rooftop pool with cathedral views.
For a unique stay!
- The Hotel Amadeus & La Musica is a 30 room, family-owned hotel with a musical theme. Beyond the regular music recitals and decor with a musical bent, there’s a roof terrace with panoramic views, whitewashed walls, wooden shutters and Moorish furnishings.
If you haven’t found your idea of the best hotels in Santa Cruz on our Guru’s list of the 7 Best Hotels in Santa Cruz, you could:
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Seville
- Or consider our Guru's recommendations for the best Seville hotels with pools, 4 Best Hotels in Centro Seville or one of the 5 Best Hotels in Alfalfa
- Or you might want to contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
The 7 Best Hotels in Santa Cruz
Casa 1800, Seville Seville (Sevilla) 33 rooms from £330Local exploring - In the heart of the city close by to monuments, museums and cultural activities. Easy access to public transport as wellTotal relaxation - A very laid back atmosphere with a rooftop terrace and pool offering splendid views of the city and its grand monumentsCity Style - A grown up and suave hotel on the cobbled lanes of Santa Cruz- with gilt chandeliers, parquet floors and velvet drapesLocal markets - Located in Santa Cruz, a few steps from the shopping areaRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
Located in a lively district of Seville, a good choice if you want to explore the culturally vibrant city. Rooms around the inner courtyard are elegant with exposed stone walls, four poster beds and opulent chandeliers. This luxury hotel also offers a rooftop terrace with a swimming pool and views. See More
EME Catedral Mercer Seville 59 rooms from £182Local exploring - A superb central location right by the cathedral mean that you are ideally placed for sightseeinngRoof terrace - A fabulous rooftop area with bar and pool which is buzzing with hotel guests and local residentsViews - Outstanding views of the cathedral from the roof top terrace and from the rooms.City Style - Seriously chic interiors and a fun vibe make this a very stylish city stayRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
U-Sense Sevilla Centro Seville 11 rooms from £148Local exploring - A contemporary, reasonably priced, hotel in central Seville.Sights nearby - Just 50 metres from the Cathedral and La Giralda.
Hotel Elvira Plaza Seville (Sevilla) 9 rooms from £155Local exploring - Well located on a central plaza and within walking distance of many attractions, bars and restaurants.Sights nearby - Walking distance from the world's third largest cathedral in Giralda district.Sailing - For great city views take a cruise up the river.Great walks - Wander through the quaint cobbled streets.Recommended by - I Escape
A charming boutique hotel well-positioned in a pedestrianised area of Seville. Oh-so chic rooms with white-washed walls, crisp linens and rustic wooden headboards. Large windows open onto the tree lined street below. Regional cuisine served in the two restaurants. Comes highly recommended. See More
Hotel Doña María Seville 62 rooms from £148Sights nearby - A five minute walk from Alcázar of Seville, a stunning architectural masterpiece originally developed by Moorish Muslim kings.Great walks - Maria Luisa Park running along the Guadalquivir River, is a charming green stretch for walking.Swimming Pool - Rooftop pool with bar & views.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Frommers
Hotel Amadeus & La Musica Seville 42 rooms from £136Value chic - A trendy property in the heart of Seville’s ancient Barrio Santa Cruz, with incredibly reasonable rates.Sights nearby - Located within walking distance of the Moorish Jardines de Murillo.Full of characterBoutiqueRecommended by - I Escape, Fodors, Frommers
Small family-owned hotel in the heart of Seville with a flare for music. Full of character, with panoramic views from the roof terrace. Lovingly decorated with white washed walls, wooden shutters and moorish furnishings. Regular evening music recitals. An elegant yet homely stay. See More