- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
The Best Hotels in Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz is the true centre of Seville. Draw a ring around the incredible Gothic cathedral and you’ll find it filled with winding, cobbled alleys, small squares with flowery balconies and traditional cafes, restaurants and tapas bars. If you choose to stay in one of the best hotels in Santa Cruz you’ll be right in the heart of things, but also spoilt by roof terrace views and plenty of choice when it comes to cafes, bars and restaurants.
Santa Cruz is bordered by the Real Alcázar, the Calle Mateos Gago, the Calle Santa María La Blanca, and the Jardines de Murillo - some of Seville’s headline sights, as well as Santa Cruz’s. The Giralda, which was once a minaret, also belongs on this ‘must-do’ list.
Santa Cruz was the old Jewish quarter, and, rather conversely, has some of Seville’s oldest churches - when the Jews were expelled from Spain all the synagogues were turned into churches. But the labyrinth of streets is the same as it was when it was the Jewish quarter - their narrowness and the bijou size of the squares were designed to protect the inhabitants from the sun of a Sevillian summer. If you’re interested in this part of the area’s history make sure to visit the covered passageways of the Juderia.
As well as being central, historic, extremely atmospheric, beautiful and smelling heavenly - there are a lot of orange trees here - Santa Cruz is also said to be the birthplace of literary bad boy, Don Juan Tenorio - you can see a statue of him in the Plaza de la Alianza.
The Best Hotels in Santa Cruz
For an Elegant City Break
- Casa 1800 is a luxurious hotel with 33 rooms arranged around an elegant central courtyard. The decor is perfect - think opulent chandeliers, exposed stone and four-poster beds. You are in the vibrant heart of town with a rooftop terrace and pool offering spectacular views.
- The boutique Casa No 7 is owned and run by the aristocratic Don Gonzalo del Rio. Exquisitely furnished with antiques, while still remaining light, airy and modern.
In the Perfect Spot
- The EME Catedral Hotel is a sumptuous hotel with an amazing roof terrace with views of the cathedral. The decor is stylish and there’s a Michelin-starred restaurant and a luxurious spa.
- Smaller and simpler, the Alminar hotel is just across the quiet, pedestrianised way from the cathedral - we’re talking 50 metres away. That does mean the cathedral views from the bedroom’s balconies might be a touch detailed, but it’s pretty amazing. The decor is minimalist and the rooms are large and well laid out.
For Great Value
- The Hotel Elvira Plaza is a charming, boutique hotel with nine, chic, whitewashed rooms with large windows opening out onto the street of a very central, but tree-lined plaza. There are two restaurants, and rooms start from just under £100 per night.
- Also just under £100 per night, the Hotel Dona Maria is a well located townhouse hotel with 62 traditionally elegant rooms and suites - some suitable for families, just a five minute walk from the Alcázar of Seville. The hotel has an elegant sitting rooms, an exotic courtyard gage’s and a rooftop pool with cathedral views.
With Bags of Character
- The Hotel Amadeus & La Musica is a 30 room, family-owned hotel with a musical theme. Beyond the regular music recitals and decor with a musical bent, there’s a roof terrace with panoramic views, whitewashed walls, wooden shutters and Moorish furnishings.
If you haven’t found your idea of the best hotels in Santa Cruz on our Guru’s list you could:
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Seville,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
The Best Hotels in Santa Cruz
Casa 1800, Seville 33 rooms from £355Seville (Sevilla)
Located in a lively district of Seville, a good choice if you want to explore the culturally vibrant city. Rooms around the inner courtyard are elegant with exposed stone walls, four poster beds and opulent chandeliers. This luxury hotel also offers a rooftop terrace with a swimming pool and views.Local exploring - In the heart of the city close by to monuments, museums and cultural activities. Easy access to public transport as wellTotal relaxation - A very laid back atmosphere with a rooftop terrace and pool offering splendid views of the city and its grand monumentsCity Style - A grown up and suave hotel on the cobbled lanes of Santa Cruz- with gilt chandeliers, parquet floors and velvet drapesLocal markets - Located in Santa Cruz, a few steps from the shopping area
Casa No. 7 6 rooms from £241Seville (Santa Cruz)
Small boutique hotel in city centre. Beautiful collection of antiques. Central courtyard, full of character, with roof terrace, sitting room, bar. Elegant rooms, intimate atmosphere.Exclusive offer - City BreaksGreat walks - Just over a km fro the Reales Alcázares de Sevilla, the grounds of the royal palace boast lovely gardens.Sights nearby - Just a few minutes walk from Seville's main attractions- Casa Pilatos, Torre del Oro and Plaza de España.Local markets - Check out the well-priced boutiques around Calle Sierpes, for shoes, antiques, wine and fans.Restrictions on children - No children younger than 13 from March - MayRecommended by - I Escape, Fodors, Frommers, Sawdays
EME catedral hotel 59 rooms from £158Seville
This sumptuous hotel is one of the most stylish in Seville. Take in the fabulous views from the roof top, revitalise in the spa, feast in the Michelin-starred restaurant, or recline in the luxurious rooms. A lively destination, but one in which you can also relax.Views - Outstanding views of the cathedral from the roof top terrace and from the rooms.Restaurant - Michelin-starred.Roof terraceWellbeingRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Alminar 11 rooms from £104Seville
Award-winning, great value hotel in an excellent location across from the cathedral, on a quiet pedestrian street. Large minimalist well appointed bedrooms, some with balconies. An excellent base to explore the city.Local exploring - A contemporary, reasonably priced, hotel in central Seville.Great walks - Explore the streets of the nearby Jewish quarter or the Murillo Gardens.Sights nearby - Just 50 metres from the Cathedral and La Giralda.Recommended by - Sawdays
Hotel Elvira Plaza 9 rooms from £97Seville (Sevilla)
A charming boutique hotel well-positioned in a pedestrianised area of Seville. Oh-so chic rooms with white-washed walls, crisp linens and rustic wooden headboards. Large windows open onto the tree lined street below. Regional cuisine served in the two restaurants. Comes highly recommended.Local exploring - Well located on a central plaza and within walking distance of many attractions, bars and restaurants.Sights nearby - Walking distance from the world's third largest cathedral in Giralda district.Sailing - For great city views take a cruise up the river.Great walks - Wander through the quaint cobbled streets.Recommended by - I Escape
Hotel Doña María 62 rooms from £97Seville
Well-located town house with rooftop pool and scenic views of the Cathedral. Traditionally decorated. Elegant sitting room with exotic internal garden. Large suites, good for families.Sights nearby - A five minute walk from Alcázar of Seville, a stunning architectural masterpiece originally developed by Moorish Muslim kings.Great walks - Maria Luisa Park running along the Guadalquivir River, is a charming green stretch for walking.Swimming Pool - Rooftop pool with bar & views.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Frommers
Hotel Amadeus & La Musica 30 rooms from £132Seville
Small family-owned hotel in the heart of Seville with a flare for music. Full of character, with panoramic views from the roof terrace. Lovingly decorated with white washed walls, wooden shutters and moorish furnishings. Regular evening music recitals. An elegant yet homely stay.Value chic - A trendy property in the heart of Seville’s ancient Barrio Santa Cruz, with incredibly reasonable rates.Sights nearby - Located within walking distance of the Moorish Jardines de Murillo.Full of characterTraditionalRecommended by - I Escape, Fodors, Frommers