6 of the Best beach hotels on Gran Canaria
Gran Canaria is one of the best choices amongst the Canary Islands if you want an easy-peasy, beach holiday. The purpose-built resorts offer everything a family could want from a choice of accommodation and eating places to a range of water sports, children’s playgrounds and all manner of theme parks and boat rides. The best beach hotels on Gran Canaria are wide ranging too, from family friendly resorts to more intimate B&Bs and guesthouses within easy reach of the sand.
The rugged coastline is dotted with white, sandy beaches, most of the popular ones in the south such as around Puerto Rico, Playa del Inglés (which segues into Playa de las Burras and Playa de Maspalomas) and Arguineguin. Venture a little further to the west and you’ll find the busy harbour of Puerto de Mogan and a nearby lovely little beach.
But don’t overlook the beach near the island’s capital of Las Palmas - the long sandy stretch of Playa de las Canteras is considered one of the best city beaches - as well as the beaches on the east coast such as Playa de la Laja. If you’re into your water sports, Gran Canaria should be high on your list - especially for windsurfing. The beach at Pozo Izquierdo is considered one of the finest.
Not surprisingly, the best beach hotels on Gran Canaria are usually well-suited to families and their particular needs. But because of this they are very popular especially during peak holiday periods, so don't leave your decision till the last minute!
6 of the Best beach hotels on Gran Canaria
In Las Palmas
- With just three rooms, La Casa de Vegueta in Las Palmas makes a tranquil retreat close to the beach. Rooms are traditionally furnished and there’s a pretty inner courtyard.
- Also in Las Palmas, Hotel Santa Catalina offers great value with comfortably classic rooms, many with balconies and sea-views, plus a terrace restaurant and pool.
A Rural Finca
- In the country yet close to the beach on the north-west coast, Finca Las Longueras has delightfully traditional rooms, a beautiful pool and lush, palm-tree-dotted gardens.
- Bohemia Suites and Spa enjoys an enviable location surrounded by Masalomas sand dunes, and just five minutes walk from a sandy beach. It's perfect for some grown-up relaxation with strictly no kids allowed!
For a beach resort
- There’s no shortage of activities at the five-star Grand Hotel Residencia near Maspalomas. Next to a golf course and with facilities including a spa, tennis courts, several pools and a gourmet restaurant, you might find it hard to find time to make it to the beach.
- The nearby Lopesan Villa del Conde Resort is right on the beach and makes for a perfect five-star family hotel, offering several pools, children’s club, large suites, spa and magnificently stylish interiors.
La Casa de Vegueta Las Palmas de Gran Canárias, Gran Canaria 3 rooms from £56Value chicDesigner - Most of the furniture is designed by a renowned local architectSights nearby - Located in the heart of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria's Old TownLocal markets - 5 mins walk from the Vegueta food market
Hotel Santa Catalina Las Palmas de Gran Canaria 202 rooms from £148FamiliesWeddingsBeach LifeSwimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor Pools
Finca Las Longueras Agaete, Gran Canaria 10 rooms from £91Great walks - Great walking on the doorstep for all abilities.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool surrounded by palm treesBirdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - I Escape
Grand Hotel Residencia Maspalomas, Gran Canaria 64 rooms from £220HoneymoonsSpa breaks5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Beach Life
A beautiful Five Star hotel on the beach front and close to the golf course. Romantic chic bedrooms and suites with four poster beds, soft linens and private balconies. Fantastic sporting and spa facilities; tennis courts, high tech gym, swimming pools. Excellent restaurants and beaches. See More
Lopesan Villa Del Conde Resort Las Meloneras, Gran Canaria 561 rooms from £286Families - Perfect for a family holiday, with a kids club, playground, large suites, as well as an extensive spa for mum and dad.Beach Life - Right on the beach, with plenty of spots to splash around, and access to all kinds of watersports.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby Maspalomas Lighthouse a fascinating sight steeped in island history.Kids Club - Fully staffed.
A magnificent seaside resort exuding an effortless aura of style and class. Luxury at every turn with highlights including its Basque-French restaurant, extensive spa and lively music venue. Relax by the one of lagoon pools or explore the surrounding coastline. Five-star excellence. See More
Bohemia Suites & Spa Playa del Inglés, Gran Canaria 67 rooms from £139Great walks - The rugged landscapes are a haven for hikers. From day trips to overnight stays there is something for every ability.Restrictions on children - Children are not permitted in this hotel.Views - Great views from hotelFull of character
Set against the back drop of Gran Canaria's rugged landscape, surrounded by the Maspalomas sand dunes and overlooking the ocean, Bohemia is a modern, adults only oasis enveloped by nature. Earthy coloured, olive wood rooms & views from private balconies. Plus a spa, two restaurants, bar and pool. See More