13 of the Best Beach Hotels on Tenerife
The largest of all the Canary Islands, Tenerife is also the best-known - and with good reason. Its sunshine is practically guaranteed year-round; there are vast, glowing-white beaches, it’s family-friendly - plus it’s only a four-hour flight. Not surprisingly, it is one of Britain’s top winter-sun destinations. But if you want a fun, fly-and-flop holiday at any time of year, Tenerife should be near the top of your list. Plus, the best beach hotels on Tenerife are geared up to cater for everyone, whether you’re on a romantic break, a family trip or you want some watery action.
Diving, sailing, surfing and windsurfing - fishing, too - are available around the island, though tend to be concentrated around the popular resorts. Top of this list are Los Cristianos, Playa de las Américas and Costa Adeje in the south-west. You perhaps won’t find much authentic Canarian charm, here, but you will find plenty of soft-white sands, dazzling neon signs and a vast array of hotels, bars and restaurants - and 24-hour fun. Families will also welcome the coast’s clear, shallow waters.
If you want somewhere a little quieter, head to Las Galletas a few miles south of the sprawling main resorts. For somewhere with a touch of bohemian charm and excellent kitesurfing, try El Médano. And if you don’t mind the lack of a decent beach but a dramatic coastline and rocky coves, check out places around Garachico.
Use our guide to the best beach hotels on Tenerife and start to plan your trip. But don't forget that this is a very popular destination, so don't leave it till the last minute to book!
13 of the Best Beach Hotels on Tenerife
Some of the Best Luxury Beach Resorts on Tenerife
- The luxury Hotel Botanico, in Puerto de la Cruz, has contemporary-classic rooms, including penthouse suites and some with private hot-tubs, indoor and outdoor pools, a choice of four restaurants, and a spa.
- The sprawling Villa Cortes in Playa de las Américas has all you could want for a luxury beach holiday with six restaurants, four bars, a spa, private cabanas, richly furnished rooms and a vast pool with waterfalls.
- Ritz Carlton Abama is a spectacular five star resort overlooking the Atlantic. Moorish style architecture, sumptuous rooms and suites, ten restaurants, a deluxe spa and a private beach accessed via the hotel's own funicular!
- Jardines des Nivaria also boasts a superb location in Costa Adeje. It offers smart accommodation, stunning pool, spoiling spa and wide choice of restaurants and bars.
Some of Tenerife's Best Family Friendly Beach Resorts
- With a private beach, lush tropical gardens, Disney-style architecture, plus a choice of rooms, suites and individual villas, Bahia del Duque is a real fantasy getaway. Every whim can be met - and children will love the games room and water sports.
- The contemporary-style Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf has balconied rooms, many with sea-views, a choice of pools and plenty of child-friendly activities.
- Roca Nivaria is ideal for families with good accommodation, kids' club, mini golf, playground, table tennis and much more. There are three restaurants and a bar, plus you're just two minutes walk from the beach.
For a Traditional Beach Break
- On the coast at Garachico La Quinta Roja, a traditional manor house, offers rustic-chic rooms, a small spa and a quiet inner courtyard.
- The chic Hotel San Roque at Garachico, a converted 18th-century mansion, is a romantic hideaway with cool rooms mixing vintage and contemporary with shots of colour.
Some of the Best Value Beach Hotels on Tenerife
- Hotel el Patio, a former manor house near Garachico, offers traditionally furnished rooms, an outdoor pool surrounded by gardens and great value - rooms start from just €90 B&B
- Close to the beach but surrounded by banana plantations, the adults only Hotel Rural el Navio has simple but charming rooms - some with balconies or terraces - and a pool. Doubles here start from €100 B&B.
- With its infinity pool, beachfront position and butler service, you will want for very little at the adults-only Red Level Gran Melia Palacio de Isora. Rooms are chic and stylish in white-on-white, some with private pools.
- Hacienda del Conde is located off the beaten track on the western end of Tenerife's North Coast. It boasts luxurious accommodation, choice of restaurants, two swimming pools, extensive spa and a superb Seve Ballesteros designed golf course!
Hotel el Patio Garachico (El Guincho) 26 rooms from £82Value chicTennis - Astro turf court on siteSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorTraditionalRecommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Hotel Rural El Navio Alcalá, Tenerife 8 rooms from £87Views - Great views from hotelBack to NatureTraditionalSights nearby - Well located for major sights.
Hotel Botanico Puerto de La Cruz 252 rooms from £143Views - Fantastic views of the Atlantic Ocean and Mount TeideBeach Life5* Luxury - Very high service standards.City StyleRecommended by - CN Traveller
A FIve Star spa hotel in the city centre with lovely sea views, excellent restaurants, kids club, penthouse suites, and botanical gardens. Simple yet elegant rooms and suites have private balconies, some with hot tubs, all the mod cons, and far reaching views out to sea. A luxury beach holiday. See More
Villa Cortes Costa Adeje 151 rooms from £248Beach Life - Just a five minutes walk from the beach, with a funky beach bar, a beach club restaurant and sun terraces with Balinese beds.Honeymoons - A vibrant and opulent escape, filled with Arabic tiles, romantic courtyards, fragrant gardens and plush suites.Great walks - Make the most of the picturesque walking routes along the surrounding coastline.Tennis - Enjoy a game of tennis on one of the hotel's courts.
Villa Cortes is a vision of luxury in Playas de las Americas, equipped with all the bells and whistles of a five-star resort. All your culinary needs are met by six restaurants and a further four bars add a bit of kick to the atmosphere. A place to relax, whether it's on the beach or in the spa. See More
Ritz Carlton Abama Guía de Isora, Tenerife 461 rooms from £352Foodies - The hotel offers ten restaurants with MB having two michelin stars, and the Japanese Kabuki has been awarded one michel star.Hideaway - A secluded clifftop property overlooking a banana plantation and the neighbouring island of La Gomera.Views - Great views from hotelFour poster beds - For romantics.
A spectacular, Moorish-inspired five-star resort overlooking the Atlantic. Plush Colonial-style rooms with private balconies and pampering en suites. The hotel covers all the bases with ten restaurants, a deluxe spa, a championship golf course and much more. An opulent escape. See More
Jardines de Nivaria Costa Adeje (Santa Cruz de Tenerife) 271 rooms from £172Total relaxation - From spa to an enormous outdoor pool this is a space designed for unwinding.Beach Life - Just a short walk from a stunning sandy beach.Tennis - On site flood lit tennis courts to keep the active occupied.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
A five star luxury hotel with an unbeatable location on the seafront of the Costa Adeje. Smart rooms are contemporary in style with tiled floors, modern art and private balconies. Unwind by the stunning pool or in the spoiling spa. A collection of excellent bars and restaurants. Very chic. See More
Bahia Del Duque Costa Adeje 356 rooms from £436Families - Family heaven, with huge private villas, a playground, a pool and babysitting, as well as a range of bars and spa treatments.Foodies - Dine in the superb Michelin-starred Nub restaurant which merges Chilean, Italian and traditional Tinerfeño cuisineBeach Life - With direct private access to the whole of the Del Duque beach, on the most exclusive stretch of the Costa Adeje.Great walks - Take a walk through the extensive botanical gardens and down to the beach.
Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf San Miguel de Abona, Tenerife 281 rooms from £118Active HolidayFamiliesSwimming Pool - Five adult and three children's poolsTennis - Tennis courts on siteRecommended by - CN Traveller
Roca Nivaria Costa Adeje 298 rooms from £119Total relaxation - A beach front property complete with an excellent spa. The perfect place to get away from it all.Families - Great choice of family suites plus kids club, mini golf, playground and much more for all ages.Kids Club - Catering for ages 0-12 you'll find a mini club and separate babies club.Views - Great views from hotel
A luxury hotel boasting stunning sea views. True to its five star accolade find every conceivable wish provided on site from exquisite cuisine to putting green. Grown up rooms are minimalistic yet cosy and feature large private balconies. Just a two minute walk from the beach. Fabulous. See More
La Quinta Roja Garachico 16 rooms from £95Sights nearby - Situated in the centre of old GarachicoSailing - Can be booked nearby.Local markets - Good for local colour.TraditionalRecommended by - Sawdays, CN Traveller
Hotel San Roque Garachico 16 rooms from £203In/by a Nature Reserve - Teno Rural Park, Forest Crown Nature Park, Chinyero Special Nature Reserve.Honeymoons - The hotel's facilites make this a bolthole for honemooners.Active Holiday - The mountains and beaches provide a plethora of sports.ChicRecommended by - I Escape, Sawdays, CN Traveller
A chic 18th century palace come designer renovation nestled in the sleepy fishing village of Garachico. An oasis of calm and relaxation with lots of beach and mountain activities on the other. Boutique rooms combine traditional and new, excellent restaurant, and small pool. See More
Red Level Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Alcalá, Tenerife 110 rooms from £364Romantic Break - An adults only relaxing haven, with hammam, nightclub, hot tub, spa, an extensive range of restaurants and 24 hour butlers!!Beach Life - One minute walk from the the manicured sands of Playa Jaquita, with plenty of watersports and stunning views of the bay.Surfing - The surrounding coastline is great for surfing, grab a board and catch some waves!Private Hot Tub - Some rooms come with large private terrace with outdoor whirlpool bathtub
Luxury abounds at this edge of the Atlantic hotel. It's home to a wealth of riches with chic rooms, eight bars, a superb spa and a handful of restaurants. Luxuriate by the lagoon-style infinity pool or on the beach in front of the hotel. Attentive 24hr private butlers gives it all a personal touch. See More
Hacienda del Conde Tenerife 117 rooms from £208Romantic Break - With intimate luxurious suites, an extensive range of restaurants and an adults only policy it's perfect for a romantic break.Total relaxation - Soak up the soothing seculuded atmosphere, excellent service and deluxe spa with a range of treatments.Sights nearby - Visit the picturesque seaside village of Garachico, five miles from the hotel.Sailing - Sail around the coastline to the stunning cliffs of Los Gigantes.
A fabulous five-star hotel off the Tenerife tourist trail. With plush rooms, three restaurants, two swimming pools and an extensive spa, it caters to all preferences. Golfers will cherish the superb Ballesteros designed course facing the sea. Adults only - perfect excuse to leave kids at home. See More