- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Cornwall’s Most Romantic Hotels
Peaceful, sunny and culturally and culinarily unique, Cornwall is just far enough away from from ‘everything’ to make it a romantically appealing escape. Take windswept walks along the spectacular coast path, enjoy great food with great views, relax on the beach or just spend time together not being in a rush. Our Guru’s recommendations for Cornwall’s Most Romantic Hotels are just the places you’ll be wanting to stay.
Our Gurus have great suggestions for Cornwall’s most romantic hotels for honeymooners, for secluded escapes, they have top tips for delicious foodie hotels and some very affordable accommodation options which are still extremely romantic.
Cornwall’s Most Romantic Hotels
Cornwall’s Most Romantic Honeymoon Hotels
- The Boskerris Hotel in St. Ives is a sophisticated seaside hotel with light, airy, Mediterranean feeling decor and a spectacular decked terrace overlooking the bay. There are amazing views from most rooms and they do a fabulous afternoon tea.
- The Old Coastguard, Mousehole is a memorable bolthole with good food, spectacular sea views and no TV. There are 14 characterful rooms and welcoming comfortable living areas. And an excellent restaurant. You’re close to charming Mousehole.
- The Nare is a country-house style hotel right on the beach with 36 large, elegant, colonial style rooms with sea views. The Nare also offers a choice of two restaurants, and there’s a tennis court, croquet pitch, a spa and both indoor and outdoor pools and a bar and lounge. It’s secluded and magnificent.
- The Old Quay House Hotel in Fowey is a luxurious boutique hotel with just eleven rooms and a wonderful location right on the water overlooking the estuary. The decor is minimalist and there’s an inventive seafood restaurant. Stylish and relaxing.
- For nautique chic in St. Mawes, the St. Mawes Hotel delivers. Awash with charm and character these nine rooms and excellent seafood restaurant are just a few minutes from the beach.
Cornwall’s Secluded Romantic Gems
- Private and intimate, the Driftwood Hotel has stunning views overlooking Gerrans Bay near Portscatho. The restaurant has a Michelin star and a fine wine list and they’ll do you a wonderful picnic if you feel you want even more privacy. Surrounded by extensive private gardens this is a great place to come for peace and quiet.
- Gurnard’s Head Hotel is a charming Cornish Inn surrounded by breathtaking countryside. Loved by walkers for its relaxed comfort and hearty gastro-pub, this inn is a wonderful place for windswept walks and foraging expeditions.
Cornwall’s Most Romantic Hotel Views
- Pebble House on the cliffs above Mevagissey, is a contemporary, luxurious, adults-only guesthouse with incredible views. There are just six rooms and the coast path is right outside the door.
- Mount Haven is a soothing, contemporary retreat overlooking St. Michael’s Mount. There are 18 simple rooms with large glass doors leading out onto balconies and terraces. The restaurant is award-winning and you’re well located for Penzance and the coast path.
- The Trevalsa Court Hotel is an elegant Arts and Crafts boutique hotel right on the cliffs near Mevagissey. There are 15 comfortable rooms with log fires and a beautiful wood-panelled restaurant with great, locally sourced menus.
Cornwall’s Most Romantic Hotels with Hot Tubs
- Overlooking Mawgan North beach, The Scarlet is a eco-deign hotel with amazing sea views and a stylish cocktail lounge and restaurant. You can reserve a time slot in the log fired clifftop hot tub surrounded by stunning views (don't forget the bubbly!).
- The Bedruthan Steps Hotel is in a fantastic spot overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, and has a wonderful Cornish restaurant and a hot tub as part of the Sensory Spa Garden experience. This is a family hotel, so there’s plenty for the kids to do while you enjoy a bit of a pampering.
If those sound appealing why not check out our Guru’s collection of the best hotels with hot tubs in Cornwall.
Cornwall’s Most Affordable Romantic Hotels
- History and literature can both be extremely romantic, so The Old Rectory, where Thomas Hardy met his wife, makes for a wonderfully romantic option. It’s also in a secluded and tranquil spot, and has just four rooms and a lovely walled veggie garden which is where much of the beautifully cooked local food served here originates. Rooms start from around £85 per night.
- Botelet is another four room property with a secluded, yet stunning, location and a very reasonable room rate. Botelet is a converted family farm with extremely comfortable and stylish interiors, which haven’t lost their old world charm. There are also cosy yurts if that sounds more romantic to you. You’re about 45minutes from Polzeath Beach.
If you haven’t found your idea of Cornwall’s most romantic hotels on our Guru’s list you could:
Consult our Ultimate Guide to the Most Romantic Hotels in the UK,
browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Cornwall,
or our Guru’s collection of the best hotels with hot tubs in Cornwall,
or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.