15 of Cornwall’s Most Romantic Hotels
Peaceful, sunny and culturally and culinarily unique, Cornwall is just far enough away from from ‘everything’ to make it a romantically appealing escape. Take windswept walks along the spectacular coast path, enjoy great food with great views, relax on the beach or just spend time together not being in a rush. Our Guru’s recommendations for Cornwall’s Most Romantic Hotels are just the places you’ll be wanting to stay. And our list of the top 15 of Cornwall's most romantic hotels is a great place to start your search because we've included great options for lovers of food and lovers of food, as well as Cornwall's most Romantic beach hotels.
Our Gurus also have great suggestions for Cornwall’s most romantic honeymoon hotels, for secluded escapes, they have top tips for delicious foodie hotels and some very affordable accommodation options which are still extremely romantic.
15 of Cornwall’s Most Romantic Hotels
Cornwall's Most Romantic Honeymoon Hotels
- The Boskerris Hotel in St Ives is a sophisticated seaside hotel with light, airy, Mediterranean feeling decor and a spectacular decked terrace overlooking the bay. There are amazing views from most rooms and they do a fabulous afternoon tea.
- The Old Quay House Hotel in Fowey is a luxurious boutique hotel with just eleven rooms and a wonderful location right on the water overlooking the estuary. The decor is minimalist and there’s an inventive seafood restaurant. Stylish and relaxing.
- The Nare is a country-house style hotel right on the beach with 36 large, elegant, colonial style rooms with sea views. The Nare also offers a choice of two restaurants, and there’s a tennis court, croquet pitch, a spa and both indoor and outdoor pools and a bar and lounge. It’s secluded and magnificent.
- For nautique chic in St Mawes, the St Mawes Hotel delivers. Awash with charm and character these nine rooms and excellent seafood restaurant are just a few minutes from the beach.
Secluded Cornwall’s Most Romantic Hotels
- Private and intimate, the Driftwood Hotel has stunning views overlooking Gerrans Bay near Portscatho. The restaurant has a Michelin star and a fine wine list and they’ll do you a wonderful picnic if you feel you want even more privacy. Surrounded by extensive private gardens this is a great place to come for peace and quiet.
- Westcroft is a boutique B&B set in the "forgotten" corner of South Cornwall, on the Rame Peninsula. It's a gorgeous four bed guesthouse perfect for a romantic getaway where you can expect beautiful interiors, coffee in bed and total relaxation.
- Another intimate choice is Blue Hayes, set on a cliff top overlooking buzzy St Ives. The five rooms are beautifully elegant and the views are to die for.
- Gurnard’s Head Hotel is a charming Cornish Inn surrounded by breathtaking countryside. Loved by walkers for its relaxed comfort and hearty gastro-pub, this inn is a wonderful place for windswept walks and foraging expeditions.
Cornwall’s Most Romantic Hotel Views
- Pebble House on the cliffs above Mevagissey, is a contemporary, luxurious, adults-only guesthouse with incredible views. There are just six rooms and the coast path is right outside the door.
- The Trevalsa Court Hotel is an elegant Arts and Crafts boutique hotel right on the cliffs near Mevagissey. There are 15 comfortable rooms with log fires and a beautiful wood-panelled restaurant with great, locally sourced menus.
- The Old Coastguard, Mousehole has a pleasing mix of open fires, a beautiful garden sloping down to the ocean, big windows and incredible views. In winter you can sit by the fire in the excellent bar and restaurant and enjoy the view across to St Michael's Mount while you eat and drink well, and in summer you can sit outside on the terrace in teh sunshine and do the same. The locally sourced menu will be different of course, but the view will be just as spectacular. There are just 14 rooms, simple, but cosily decorated.
Cornwall’s Most Romantic Hotels with Hot Tubs
- Overlooking Mawgan North beach, The Scarlet is a eco-design hotel with amazing sea views and a stylish cocktail lounge and restaurant. You can reserve a time slot in the log fired clifftop hot tub surrounded by stunning views (don't forget the bubbly!).
- The Bedruthan Steps Hotel is in a fantastic spot overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, and has a wonderful Cornish restaurant and a hot tub as part of the Sensory Spa Garden experience. This is a family hotel, so there’s plenty for the kids to do while you enjoy a bit of a pampering.
If those sound appealing why not check out our Guru’s collection of the best hotels with hot tubs in Cornwall.
Cornwall’s Best Value Romantic Hotels
- History and literature can both be extremely romantic, so The Old Rectory, where Thomas Hardy met his wife, makes for a wonderfully romantic option. It’s also in a secluded and tranquil spot, and has just four rooms and a lovely walled veggie garden which is where much of the beautifully cooked local food served here originates. Rooms start from around £85 per night.
If you haven’t found your idea of Cornwall’s most romantic hotels on our Guru’s list you could:
- Consult our Ultimate Guide to the Most Romantic Hotels in the UK,
- browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Cornwall,
- or our Guru’s collection of the best hotels with hot tubs in Cornwall, or the Best Boutique Hotels in Cornwall? Or the 10 Best Hotels for Foodies in Cornwall?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Boskerris Hotel St Ives (West Cornwall) 15 rooms from CA$253Views - Wide coastal views from most roomsSit-out Terrace - Coastal views are beautifulSights nearby - Tate St Ives within walking distanceRomantic - A tranquil retreat for couplesRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Old Quay House Hotel Fowey, Cornwall 11 rooms from CA$337Great walks - Wonderful walking all around this area, a particualr favourite is the picturesque Hall Walk, which ends in pretty Polruan.Sights nearby - The ruins of St Catherine’s Castle sit on the edge of the town and command spectacular views of the harbour.Sailing - Yacht rental is available nearby, head off with a professional skipper or simply charter your own course.Kayaking - Kayak rental is possible from the village of Golant, the perfect way to explore this stunning coast.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection, Sawdays, Tablet, I Escape
Boutique luxury in the heart of Fowey with ample amounts of sea air, estuary views and contemporary charm. Crisp, minimalist rooms are breezy and comfortable. The restaurant serves an inventive menu of local seafood delights. An ideal spot for a romantic mini break away from city life. See More
The Nare Cornwall 36 rooms from CA$489Beach Life - Situated at the Carne Beach, guests may indulge in volleyball, cricket or a short stroll by the sea. Dogs are welcome too.Local exploring - Cornwalls world famous gardens, art galleries, hidden churches are not to be missedSights nearby - The Lost gardens of Heligan and The Eden Project are worth a visitGreat walks - Roseland offers many secrets best explored on foot
St Mawes Hotel St Mawes (South Cornwall) 9 rooms from CA$312Beach Life - A lovely beach-chic coastal property only a few minutes from the beach with excellent seafood restaurant.Local exploring - Perfectly placed for exploring the beautiful south coast of Cornwall either by foot or by boat.Sights nearby - Visit Cornwall castles such as St Mawes Castle and Pendennis Castle, both within two miles.Sailing - This makes a great stopping point for a sailing holiday in Cornwall.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels , Sawdays
St Mawes Hotel is awash with charm and character, and captures the nautical essence of it's surroundings. The rooms are elegant and simple with crisp design features and tasteful furnishings. After a days sailing or surfing, return for some delicious seafood dishes in the restaurant. A coastal gem. See More
Westcroft Guesthouse Torpoint, Cornwall 4 rooms from CA$219Great walks - Rame Head is an hour's coastal walk away. Westcroft is right on the south west coast path.Four poster beds - One of the rooms has a pretty four poster and comes with a large sitting room.Surfing - You can surf on the beach outside the property.Views - You can almost touch the sea from the window.
A stone's throw from the sea, Westcroft Guesthouse is a little hidden gem on Cornwall's South coast. You can expect four poster suites, coffee or tea delivered to your room and a delicious, locally sourced breakfast. Ideal for a romantic getaway or take over the whole house for a self-catering week. See More
Driftwood Hotel Near Portscatho, Cornwall 14 rooms from CA$371Great walks - Grab a hotel picnic and head out through the private estate right down to the coast and explore the beautiful beaches!Fishing - Right on the coast, there are plenty of fishing boats to rent for the day with equippment and guides if necessary.Hideaway - A hideaway location just off the beach and in extensive private gardens, why would you leave?Surfing - No trip to Cornwall is complete without a surf session in the bracingly cold Atlantic.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Sawdays
Sitting in privates acres, this chic and intimate hotel overlooks stunning Gerrans Bay. Light, marine inspired rooms are the perfect example of comfort meets plush. A Michelin Star at the restaurant makes dining a spoiling yet casual affair, matched by a fine wine list. A dream Cornish location. See More
Blue Hayes St Ives (West Cornwall) 6 rooms from CA$270Exclusive offerHideaway - A real gem that is almost impossible to leave, with friendly and welcoming staff, cosy rooms, great views and spectacular food.Sights nearby - Tate St Ives Modern art museum is a brisk 20 minute walk away.Great walks - Walk from St Ives around the stunning rugged coast to Zennor.Restrictions on children - No children under the age of 10Recommended by - Frommers, Sawdays
Glamourous and discreet six room boutique hotel in buzzy St Ives. A tranquil spot with sweeping views. Large airy rooms and suites with neutral tones and splashes or pastel colours. Informal dining based on Cornish produce. Excellent and personal service. Perfectly achieved laid back luxury. See More
Gurnard's Head Hotel Zennor, Cornwall 7 rooms from CA$228Restaurant - Excellent locally sourced food - the pub is consistently recognised for its high standards by the Cornish Tourist Board.Great walks - Take part in the interesting and informative foraging walks with Caroline Arkley.Surfing - Sennen Cove is the best known beach in the area, and very popular with surfers.Views - Sweeping coastal viewsRecommended by - I Escape, Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
A charming Cornish Inn surrounded by breathtaking countryside. A magnet for walkers, the traditional rooms are designed to afford every comfort to these weary travelers. An informal coastal gastropub serves up the best local ingredients, cooked to perfection. Simple, characterful and homely. See More
Pebble House Mevagissey, Cornwall 4 rooms from CA$278Views - Panoramic views over Mevagissey BaySights nearby - Eden Project and the Lost Gardens of Heligon are both close by, plus country houses and much noreGreat walks - The coastal path is on your doorstep and there is a drying room for muddy boots and clothes!Restrictions on children - Adults only property
Contemporary adults only guesthouse with views to die for on the cliffs above Mevagissey. Spacious rooms and suites with contemporary interiors and luxury fittings as standard. A relaxed, grown up spot for a romantic seaside break with a home from home vibe accompanied by top notch service. See More
Trevalsa Court Hotel Mevagissey, Cornwall 15 rooms from CA$236Total relaxation - Chill out in your plush room overlooking the bay, take a morning stroll to the beach or sit and watch the fishermen at work.Local exploring - Ideal spot for exporing the Cornish coast by sea or land, full of hidden treasures and secluded spots.Sights nearby - Mevagissey Village is just ten minutes down the road and is an ancient fishing village with a Grade 2 listed double harbour.Sailing - Plenty of boat rentals available, head out with a skilled skipper or charter your own course.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays, Michelin Travel
Elegance and understated style make up this romantic Arts and Crafts coastal boutique - a home away from home. Standing on the cliffs, the sea breeze makes for a blowy Cornish escape. Comfortable rooms decked with paintings and log fires. Enjoy locally sourced food at the wood paneled restaurant. See More
The Old Coastguard, Mousehole West Cornwall 14 rooms from CA$261Views - To St Michael's Mount and the LizardGarden - Tropical garden down to the seaQuirky - No TVs - and an eclectic mix of furnitureOutstanding location
The Scarlet, Cornwall Mawgan Porth, Cornwall 37 rooms from CA$329Romantic Break - You, your loved one (and even the pooch) can enjoy an indulgent coastal staySpa breaks - Excellent spa with a range of Ayurvedic treatmentsSwimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor PoolGreat walks - South West Coast Path.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Relaxing, purpose-designed eco-friendly hotel overlooking Mawgan Porth beach. Contemporary furniture and modern local art adorns bedroom walls. Great sea views from the cocktail lounge and stylish hotel restaurant. Fantastic spa facility for ultimate relaxation and great outdoor activities nearby. See More
Bedruthan Steps Hotel Mawgan Porth, Cornwall 101 rooms from CA$268Eco break - A sustainable and environmentally minded hotel with an extensive responsible tourism pledge, see website for further details.Groups - This hotel is ideal for an active creative group holiday with workshops, open air theatre and plenty of fun facilities.Spa breaks - Pamper yourself at the top of the range luxury spa, using all natural products and treatments- heaven!Families - With family orientated rooms, activities, nursery and kids club its ideal for all the family.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Fantastic spot overlooking the Atlantic Ocean from a family-friendly hotel. Modern interiors throughout with the comfortable rooms capturing the beach views. Herring Restaurant is Cornish throughout using locally sourced ingredients. Relax by one of the two pools, or at the spa. See More
The Old Rectory, Cornwall Boscastle, Cornwall 4 rooms from CA$143Eco break - Dedicated to sustainablity- where possible produce comes from the gardens and farm and power comes from their solar panels.Country Escape - A stunning Cornish country house with chickens roaming the garden and fantastic walks from the property.Great walks - Grab a packed lunch from the hotel and set out to explore the rugged coastal landscape just five minutes away.Surfing - The nearest surf beach is Crackington Haven, a ten minute drive away.Recommended by - Fodors, Good Hotel Guide
Where Thomas Hardy met his wife, now a welcoming B&B. Secluded, tranquil and romantic- the traditional rooms feature, large sash windows and delicately patterned curtains. Lovely walks and a charming walled veggie garden. Beautifully cooked cornish food. Ideal for a typically British country stay. See More