- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ Save time, save money
The Best Hotels in Rye
Rye is a great seaside escape from the city of London, while actually only being around an hour and a half’s drive away. Many of the best hotels in Rye are boutique in style and make perfect weekend-break bases for exploring the alleys and cobbled streets of this seaside charmer.
On the edge of town, fringed by dunes, is the long, white sweep of Camber Beach, and the landscape just welcomes strolling, cycling and picnicking. As well as boutique hotels, Rye also has some great restaurants and cafes, and there are some interesting historical secrets to uncover.
Best Hotels in Rye for Boutique Chic
- Our Guru’s boutique-y favourite from the list of the best hotels in Rye is Jeake's House. Packed with antiques and items of interest and charm, this is a friendly spot with an honesty bar, a lovely fire to cosy up to in the parlour and fabulously generous breakfasts.
- The George in Rye is one of the best hotels in Rye for folk looking for luxury. The comfortable rooms are pleasingly varied in character and there’s all day dining with a charcoal grill. Plus it's only a short hop to the beach.
Best Hotels in Rye for Seaside Escapes
- Ticking, stripes, white painted floorboards and driftwood tones are very much in evidence at the New England-style Gallivant at Camber Beach. The Beach Bistro and the Beach Cafe will keep you well fed while you enjoy the American retro touches and glorious beach.
Best Hotels in Rye for Something Different
- The Rye Windmill B&B is an unusual B&B with some rooms housed in the actual windmill itself - one of Rye’s most famous landmarks. You’re right by the river and a short walk from town, and this is also one of the best hotels in Rye if you’re looking for great value, with rooms starting from just £80 per night.
Best Hotels in Rye for Foodies
- The Ship Inn is a former smugglers warehouse turned pub with rooms in the centre of Rye. Homely, child friendly and near the beach, this is one of the best hotels in Rye for foodies, as their restaurant is Michelin recommended.
The Gallivant 18 rooms from $176Rye, East Sussex
1960s motel reborn as stylish New England beach hotel with good cafe and bistro dining, on Camber Beach. Driftwood style, retro detailing and a magnificent sandy beach.Views - Fantastic views over Camber SandsCooking classes - Overnight packages availableSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.On the beach - In front of the hotel.Recommended by - Sawdays, Mr & Mrs Smith
Jeake's House 11 rooms from $117Rye, East Sussex
An old favourite; quirky, old-fashioned and slightly theatrical B&B bang in the centre of Rye. Full of character, in a wonderful town for weekending.Sights nearby - Situated bang in the centre of town.Full of characterFour poster beds - For romantics.Quirky - An experience!Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
The George in Rye 34 rooms from $176Rye, East Sussex
'Rye’s most luxurious hotel,’ they claim, and we think that is fair: newly renovated historic inn with plenty of special touches. Great seafood, sumptuous rooms with chic styling.Restaurant - Recommended.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection, Sawdays