The 5 Best Waterfront Hotels in Boston
Booking a room on Boston's waterfront not only offers wonderful views of the bay and harbour but also access to some of the city's best amenities. The area is crammed full of lively bars, seafood spots, food trucks, buzzing walkways, theatres and shops. It is no wonder then that a great range of hotels have sprung up over the years here, which begs the question of which are the best? Our Hotel Experts have compiled a collection of the best waterfront hotels in Boston chosen on their views, amenities, design, and service. So why not browse through our list to start planning your stay?
- Seaport Hotel is a real has-it-all property from the heated indoor pool and city garden to the library and multiple dining options. Rooms are smart and contemporary and most offer superb ocean views. Well suited for both business and leisure.
- Luxurious Boston Harbor Hotel offers classic rooms with bay or harbour views. Complete with an award-winning restaurant, a spoiling spa, and an indoor pool, not to mention first-class service, this indulgent choice is worth every penny.
For contemporary design
- Yotel Boston may not have the same space as other waterfront stays but the design makes the most of what they have. Cleverly-constructed cabins boast smart-beds, shower cubicles, sizeable desks and memory-foam mattresses. Complete with impressive facilities including a gym, a resident robot and in-room meditation videos - this is a very hip and affordable choice.
- The Envoy Hotel is a trendy hotel in the bustling district of Seaport. Rooms are contemporary with floor to ceiling windows offering dramatic city or harbour views and large bathrooms with walk-in rain showers. Complete with a roof terrace bar and a popular restaurant, this is a modern choice in a convenient location.
For a B&B
- Book Boston Yacht Haven Inn & Marina for the breathtaking 180-degree sea and city vistas. The spacious contemporary rooms have luxurious amenities and nautical touches; make sure to book one with a balcony. A unique choice that feels like being at sea with luxury yachts as your only neighbours.
Still not sure where to book?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Boston.
- Widen your search to include all our recommendations in Massachusetts.
- Alternatively, feel free to call or email one of our gurus for advice.
Seaport Hotel Boston (Waterfront) 428 rooms from £155Business meetings - The property has more event space than any in Boston; 42 venues and function spaces, 7 ballrooms, amphitheatre & exhibit hallFamilies - Children are well-looked after. Choose a gift from the Treasure Chest, there's a lending library & excellent facilitiesLocal exploring - The subway station adjacent to the hotel makes dipping into central Boston super easyGreat walks - Enjoy walking parts of the 43-mile Boston Harbour Walk, an urban trail through the city's waterfront neighbourhoods
Although renowned for business and events, this waterfront hotel is much more than that. Facilities such as a heated indoor pool, city garden, library & multiple dining options, plus warm service, make it appeal to all. 418 spacious rooms and suites feel corporate yet cosy with great views. See More
Yotel Boston Boston (Waterfront) 326 rooms from £124Business meetings - Komyuniti is the hotel's fun co-working space, there is super fast wifi, numerous meeting rooms and cabins are designed for workShort break - A great base for a quick dash into the city for work or pleasure; everything is on-site including shoe-shining and dry cleaningSights nearby - Learn more about the city's history with a visit to Beaver II - the Boston Tea Party Ship - or Benjamin Franklin's birthplaceLively - Hip and happening.
The best things come in small packages; that definitely applies to this harbour-facing city hotel. 326 cleverly-designed cabins boast smart-beds, shower cubicles, sizeable desks and memory-foam mattresses. Impressive facilities include a gym, resident robot and in-room meditation videos. See More
The Envoy Hotel Boston (Waterfront) 136 rooms from £179City Style - The hotel is situated in the thriving Seaport district of Boston with hip bars, brewies, restaurants and historic toursRestaurant - Outlook kitchen offers delicious American/Boston fare and is one of the area's top restaurantsSailing - Go sailing for the day around the harbourViews - Fantastic views of the harbour
A trendy hotel in the district of Seaport. Rooms are contemporary with marigold curtains, floor-ceiling windows with dramatic city views and large bathrooms with rain walk-in showers. Enjoy a superb handcrafted cocktail on the year-round rooftop terrace followed by an incredible meal at Outlook. See More
The Boston Harbor Hotel Boston (Massachusetts) 230 rooms from £242Spa - Offering a range of restorative treatments with an emphasis on relaxation and healing, plus nail salonSights nearby - Boston Harbor Islands National Park is only 100 metres away.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet, CN Traveller
This contemporary luxury harbour hotel offers guests an indoor pool and spa. The large, classic rooms with city, bay or harbour views and modern bathrooms. Meritage Restaurant's chef is award winning and whips up seasonal produce accompanied with an extensive wine list. See More
Boston Yacht Haven Inn & Marina Boston 10 rooms from £224Back to Nature - Nearly all of the benefits of a beach vacation while staying in the city; sea, fresh air, the sound of waves and great seafood!Local exploring - As well as watching the world go by there's lots to do in the area; shopping, restaurants, nightlife and sitesRomantic Break - Book the penthouse suite with its impressive balcony for a weekend away. Enjoy a drink watching the sunsetSailing - The marina's facilities accommodate everything from sailing vessels to mega-yachts
Fantastic inn with a unique location on Boston's Harbour. Stay for breathtaking 180-degree sea and city vistas. The spacious contemporary rooms have luxurious amenities and nautical touches; make sure to book one with a balcony. It feels like being at sea with luxury yachts as your only neighbours. See More