The 5 Best Hotels for Wall Street and the Financial District
Wall Street and the Financial District make an obvious choice for a base if business is top priority. However, the area is also home to some of the New York's most iconic sights including the National September 11 Memorial and Museum, the One World Observatory, Fraunces Tavern Museum and Federal Hall. Unsurprisingly, there are also a broad collection of excellent eateries and bars. The best hotels for Wall Street and the Financial District range from sleek five star properties (this is where the Andaz has parked itself) to chic apartment-style hotels ideal for longer stays. Our hotel experts have made a collection of the best options in the area, so why not browse through our list to start planning your stay?
Our favourite hotel on Wall Street
- The Andaz, Wall Street, is the only hotel on Wall Street. It may also be the only hotel in the world which used to be a Barclays Bank. They've renovated with clever, innovative design — think sharp shiny edges in warm colours — and it has an excellent spa.
For classic New York style
- The Beekman has a jazz-age style to it, with simple, elegant design and an atmospheric cocktail bar that Jay Gatsby would adore. The downtown location is excellent too.
For long stays
- The Assemblage is a luxury option set in the heart of the Financial District. Spacious and contemporary studios, suites and apartments feature fully-equipped kitchens, art-deco furnishings and cosy sitting areas. Find balance and zen with wellness programmes. Perfect for business travellers and for extended stays.
- Mr C Seaport is a luxury hotel with a modern take on classic European glamour. Rooms feature lacquered wood panelling, crisp white linens, with skyline views framed by floor-to-ceiling windows. With a romantic Italian restaurant and an unbeatable Wall Street location, this is a very comfortable city crashpad.
For great value
- Wall Street adjacent, Gild Hall, A Thompson Hotel is both totally charming and great value. The 126 rooms are decorated with strong, dark colours and plenty of extra style. And the communal areas don't disappoint either — take their split-level library for example and their rustic-glam bar and restaurant. Rooms start from around $150 per night — great value for such a chic hotel.
Still not sure where to book?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in New York.
- Or you could try our Guru's recommendations for the Best Midtown Manhattan Hotels or the Best Uptown Manhattan Hotels.
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Andaz Wall Street New York City 253 rooms from £394Romantic Break - A stylish choice- loft-style rooms featuring pillow menus and king sized beds and downstairs a hip bar and yummy restaurant.City Style - A slick hotel set in an historic NYC neighborhood- trendy rough brick walls mixed with glossy finishes and lavish fittings.Great walks - Close to New Yorks famous Central Park, a breath of fresh air in the city centre.Sights nearby - Walking distance from ferries to the Statue of Liberty and Governor's Island.Recommended by - Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
The only hotel with an address on Wall Street, placing it at the epicenter of the Financial District. Large loft style rooms with seriously luxurious bathrooms. A hip restaurant using farm fresh produce, trendy bar and a glorious spa. A boutique hotel with a chains knowledge. See More
The Beekman New York 287 rooms from £449City Style - Right in the heart of Manhattan, near the World Trade Centre.Local exploring - Perfect for exploring the sights and sounds of New York.Local markets - Browse the frenzy of the South Street Seaport market.Sights nearby - Ten minutes walk from Ground Zero.
Stellar hotel with a definitively jazz age feel in the heart of Manhattan. Rooms are swish and elegant with simple designs and comfortable furniture. Enjoy a cocktail in the atmospheric bar that evokes a Gatsby-esque atmosphere with it's booth bar and chandeliers. A five-star downtown option. See More
Gild Hall, A Thompson Hotel New York (Wall Street- Financial District) 126 rooms from £140City Style - This stylish hotel has a fantastic wine selection at La Soffitta, authentic Italian cuisine, and a split level library.Local exploring - Located on historic Gold Street in the Financial District, a few hundred yards from Wall Street.Restaurant - Tuscan-inspired Felice Ristorante serves authentic Italian cuisine over 2 levels, adorned with vintage photos of 1960s Italy.Outstanding location
Characterful hotel with a fantastic location next to Wall Street. The rooms are decorated with strong, dark and stylish features that complement the sleek aesthetic in the communal areas - such as the sophisticated split-level library, rustic-glam bar and restaurant - adding to the air of luxury. See More
Mr C Seaport New York (Wall Street) 66 rooms from £267Local exploring - With an unbeatable location on Wall Street, this hotel makes the perfect base for local exploring in New YorkCity Style - With luxurious interior design and a historic New York setting, book this hotel for contemporary city styleFoodies - The hotel hosts classic Italian restaurant, Bellini, ideal for lovers of European foodSights nearby - See one of the most famous landmarks in the city, the Empire State Building, located close to this hotel
This luxury hotel presents a modern take on classic European glamour on Seaport Street in downtown New York. Guestrooms feature lacquered wood panelling and crisp white linens, with skyline views framed by floor-to-ceiling windows. A rustic Italian restaurant completes this European-chic hotel. See More
The Assemblage New York 79 rooms from £280Business meetings - The Assemblage is minutes’ walk from the World Trade Centre and offers various meeting and work spacesLocal exploring - Well positioned to discover the revitalised South Street Seaport district to the eastRestaurant - The Botanical Cafe serves breakfast, lunch and dinnerSights nearby - Take the Staten Island Ferry for a daytrip
A luxury hotel set in the heart of the financial district. Spacious and contemporary studios, suites and apartments feature fully-equipped kitchens, art-deco furnishings and cosy sitting areas. Find balance and zen with wellness programmes. Perfect for business travellers and for extended stays. See More