Search the best hotels in Arras
Arras boasts the highest density of historic monuments in all of France, making it a fantastic destination for architecture, culture and history aficionados. Thousands of visitors flock to the city every year, drawn by its fascinating heritage and splendid sights, and having a great base makes all the difference. There are a wide variety of accommodation options in the city, from little guesthouses to elegant hotels fit for a whole range of budgets. Our pick of the best places to stay in Arras takes you right to the heart of this historic city, ideal for exploring its many marvels.
Famed for its two main paved squares — the Grand Place and Place des Héros — surrounded by hundreds of Flemish-Baroque townhouses with covered galleries set above chic street-side shops and cafes, Arras is a superb city for a stroll. Explore the UNESCO-listed Citadel of Arras, admire the Fine Art Museum in the former Benedictine Abbey of Saint-Vaast, and amble through the Monastery Sainte-Clare for an insight into the city’s past. Much of the city centre has been painstakingly rebuilt following extensive bombing during the First World War, but countless striking heritage buildings remain — including the 15th-century belfry, which offers spectacular city views. Art galleries and museums abound, with the Wellington Quarry Museum & WWI Memorial being a particular highlight.
Foodies will delight in visiting delectable markets featuring the best of the region’s produce, held on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. Summer is a beautiful time to visit, but the Christmas markets are also charming, with plenty of traditional restaurants for a wonderfully cosy meal afterwards!
Steeped in history, this picturesque city is brimming with magnificent monuments, charming boutiques in beautiful buildings, and lovely restaurants for long, relaxed evenings spent sharing a bottle of wine. The best places to stay in Arras fuse the city’s fascinating history with luxurious comfort — and ensure that you’re perfectly poised to discover its greatest treasures.
The Best Places to Stay in Arras
For chic city style
- Grand Place Hotel is a smart spot set in a historic building on one of the city’s most famous squares. Chic, airy rooms fuse slick, city style with plenty of charm. Soak up gorgeous views, enjoy fabulous fare in the excellent Anagram restaurant, and head out to explore the city’s many wonders, right on your doorstep. With suites and a loft accommodating 4 to 6 people, this is a great place for groups or families.
For an apartment or holiday cottage
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private house we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Hop aboard the Eurostar from London Kings Cross St. Pancras to Lille-Flandres, and then on to Arras. The journey takes 3 hours 15 minutes.
- If you would like to hire a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to travel is during the summer, with temperatures reaching around 25°C. This is peak season, so do book your stay well in advance to avoid disappointment!
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Pas-de-Calais.
- Alternatively, check out our pick of the best places to stay in France.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Arras
Best Hotels in Arras
Les Reveries Nomades Arras 3 rooms from AU$122Honeymoons - There is a Wedding night package which includes in-room champagne, sweets and breakfast and a souvenir photoValue chic - Very affordable rooms with great breakfast includedSights nearby - Visit Arras' famous squares, the prestigious abbey or the Vauban citadelGreat walks - The surrounding area is very popular for hiking
A lovely farmhouse in Archicourt. Choose between a converted gyspy-caravan or a room in the main farmhouse. Chic rooms have been whitewashed and modern spacious bathrooms added. Located just a 5-minute bicycle ride from the centre of Arras, this is a quiet hideaway ideal for exploring the area. See More
L'Hotel Particulier Arras 6 rooms from AU$161Local exploring - Perfectly situated in the centre of Arras, ideal for visiting all the main sitesSights nearby - Visit the famous squares, Ascent of the Belfry, Town Hall, guided visit of the Boves, the Saint-Vaast Abbey and the cathedral
Grand Place Hotel Arras 12 rooms from AU$166Local exploring - Located in the heart of historic Arras, ideal for exploring the city on foot.Sights nearby - Visit the Wellington Quarry, in which thousands of Allied soldiers sheltered underground during WW1.Traditional
A boutique hotel offering chic accommodation in the heart of the historic city. Light bright rooms and apartments feature enormous sash windows, pale wooden floors and indulgent modern bathrooms. A fantastic restaurant serves lovingly crafted dishes using only seasonal produce. See More
Entre Cour et Jardin Arras 3 rooms from AU$170Local exploring - The B&B is the perfect base for exploring the city of Arras and the battlefields north of the citySights nearby - Visit Arras' two magnificent cobbled squares: Grand'Place and Place des Héros (Heroes Square)Restrictions on children - Children over 8 are welcomed
A beautiful 18th-century house in the centre of Arras. Rooms are modern with antique furnishings with spacious bathrooms. Enjoy a delicious breakfast in the dining room which is ornamented with Louis XV woodwork and original star parquet flooring. A perfect location for exploring Arras. See More