Search the best hotels in Cassel
Perched atop Mont Cassel overlooking French Flanders, Cassel dates back to the Roman era. Set between Dunkirk and Lille, this is a charming Nord destination for history buffs or those looking for an appealing first or final stop on a French adventure. Accommodation options include private houses as well as boutique hotels, with our pick of the best places to stay in Cassel chosen by our Gurus for their location, style and amenities.
Stroll through Cassel’s cobbled centre for a sense of the town’s long history. Admire unusual Flemish architecture, marvel at expansive views of the countryside below, and pop into various heritage landmarks. The Collégiale Notre Dame de la Crypte is striking, as are the Statue Equestre du Marechal Foch and the Moulin de Cassel. Discover the region’s past at the Musée Départemental de Flandre, which brims with excellent exhibits. Rambles through the Jardin du Mont des Recollets come highly recommended, as do cycling, hiking and horse riding excursions through rural Flanders. You'll find a number of well-regarded golf courses in the area, too.
Whether you’re venturing further into France or heading across to Belgium or the UK, Cassel is a wonderfully relaxing destination. Check out our selection of the best places to stay in Cassel as you start planning your trip!
The Best Places to Stay in Cassel
For Classic Luxury
- Châtellerie de Schoebeque dates back to 1760, and now houses a chic hotel with individually themed rooms, suites and cottages. The veranda promises sweeping views, and guests are invited to unwind in the rejuvenating sybaritic spa. Close to the Channel ports and three golf courses, this is a top spot for a first or final stop in France.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY House
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Lille Airport and travel 45 minutes to Cassel by bus or taxi. If you're coming from the UK, the ferry via Calais or Dunkirk — under an hour's drive from Cassel — is affordable and straightforward.
- France's Nord region is brilliant for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Expect temperatures to range between 15 and 23°C in the warmer months — much like the UK. Visit during the spring or autumn for a quieter atmosphere.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Lille.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Nord.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Cassel
Best Hotels in Cassel
Châtellerie de Schoebeque Cassel 15 rooms from AU$259Total relaxation - A large converted country house in a peaceful setting with massage services and lovely terraces for relaxing on.Great walks - Walk through 'Le Jardin du Mont des Recollets' a garden inspired by old art masters.Sights nearby - Pack a picnic and set out to explore the beautiful old windmill.Restrictions on children - Children not allowed
18th century château converted into a luxurious hotel where serious pampering is guaranteed. A wide choice of individually themed rooms, suites and cottages - from Morocco, to Africa, to La Vie en Rose. A lovely veranda and sybaritic spa. A great choice for indulgence. See More