Search the best hotels in Marettimo
Just an hour's ferry ride from Trapani, Marettimo is one of the Aegadian Islands situated in the Mediterranean off Sicily's west coast. The ferry lands in the island's only village - a little fishing port with a few hundred inhabitants, where boats outnumber the few electric cars and where you'll find most of the best places to stay in Marettimo.
What not to miss
- Small whitewashed houses cluster round the harbour. Home cooking, fresh fish and local wine is the order of the day in the little family run eateries nearby. But it's the sheer peace and beauty of the island, green and practically traffic free, that's the real lure of a holiday here. Walking trails abound, and energetic hikers can reach the highest point and discover evocative look-outs from long ago.
- Take a boat trip and explore Marettimo's rugged coastline with its deep blue caves and grottoes. Marine life is protected by the "no take zone" to the west of the island, so it's paradise for Scuba divers (or snorkellers) who have a good chance of seeing the colourful creatures which live in the Med when given half a chance!
- Feeling less energetic? Just pack a swimsuit and a paperback by your favourite writer. De-stress on the beach or linger over a coffee watching the world go by in the old fishing port.
Don't forget that Italian holidaymakers love this unspoilt island off Sicily's west coast, so book well ahead for the best places to stay in Marettimo.
The best places to stay in Marettimo
- The Marettimo residence has 42 apartments and each has a terrace or veranda. Situated in beautiful gardens with its own pool and run on ecofriendly lines. Steps lead directly down to the beach or or you can unwind by the pool - but if you have to get that email or find the latest news, there's wifi too!
For an apartment or villa
- For those looking for a self catering apartment in the village, we recommend the selection with our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Marettimo is Trapani on mainland Sicily.
- There are daily ferries running between Marettimo and Trapani.
- If you are looking to hire a car, we recommend visiting our online partner Rentalcars.
- If you are looking for summer sun, the best time to visit Trapani is from May to September. Our top pick is June before the temperature soars too high.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Marettimo
Marettimo Residence 42 rooms from AU$126TP, Marettimo
An eco friendly hotel with fully functional apartments for rent offering private terraces and wonderful views. Along with an outdoor pool and a massage tub, it also features a garden with barbeque facilities and a children's playing area. Cosy and comfortable, one of the few hotels on the island.Eco break - Built using natural materials, solar panels for heating water, a sewage treatment plant and sterilized drinking waterRemote - This is an off the beaten track place, in a peaceful and quiet setting with outstanding sea viewsHoneymoons - They offer special honeymoon packages. Includes a romantic dinner and a tour by boat at sunsetValue chic - This hotel is good value for money offering well priced rooms and facilities