Search the best hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta is a big, busy city made out of a patchwork of small, friendly, distinct suburbs. Visitors come for the African American history, or the art, or the restaurant scene or the shopping - or for all of the above and more. There’s a great zoo, an aquarium and some great museums, so it’s just a plain great city break destination. The best places to stay in Atlanta depend on why you’re visiting. If you’re here for the High Museum of Art and the Centre for Civil and Human Rights then you need to be downtown, but if you’re here for the parks and the more unusual museums, then you might find that some of the best places to stay are in some of the less central, but prettier, suburbs.
Atlanta seems the perfect mix of the old south with the new. There are peach trees on many a corner and plenty of places to stop for a sweet tea, but Atlanta also has one of the world’s busiest airports.
What Not To Miss
- Downtown Atlanta has the state capitol, the aquarium, city hall, the CNN Centre and the World of Coca-cola.
- Midtown has some of the loveliest parks, the High Museum of Art, the Museum of Design, Atlanta, the Georgia Tech campus and the Woodruff Arts Centre.
- Buckhead, another business district north of Midtown, has the Governor’s Mansion, the Lindberg Centre and more lovely parks.
- If you’re interested in Atlanta’s history - and this is a truly fascinating place as it was the only American city to have been destroyed by war - the Martin Luther King Jr. Historic Site is in Sweet Auburn, the Atlanta Cyclorama, which depicts the Civil War, is in nearby Grant Park, and the Atlanta History Centre is in Bulkhead, where you’ll find a huge collection of Civil War memorabilia.
- Atlanta is also a great place to shop for antiques and art and there’s a pleasantly eclectic collection of shopping neighbourhoods to explore - as well as big malls and destination shopping streets with all the big names.
This is a busy city year round, so if you want to book a room in one of the best places to stay in Altanta, don't leave it till the last minute!
For a city break
- The W Atlanta Downtown is a trendy and elegant downtown hotel. As well as the pool with a view and the gym there are also business facilities. But this is a lot more than just a business hotel, there are floor to ceiling windows and a restaurant which fuses a French bistro and an American steakhouse.
- The Ellis is chic and stylish, a boutique hotel set in a historic 1913 building, renovated inside with light and bright contemporary design. A full service terrace bistro and a bar with a balcony overlook the vibrant PeachTree Street. Luxurious, comfortable and totally hip.
For peace and quiet
- Stonehurst Place is a five room B&B in Midtown Atlanta on a quiet residential street. Converted from a 19th Century mansion, there are some lovely antiques and museum-quality artworks.
- Or, if your idea of the best places to stay in Atlanta includes top notch luxury, then the Mandarin Oriental Atlanta is probably for you. Situated in Buckhead, this hotel has an indoor pool and spa, large, classic rooms and gourmet cafe overlooking the English garden.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a great selection of centrally located properties.
- Fly to Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport located 13.5km (8.5 miles) from Atlanta. The airport serves numerous destinations from the U.S to further afield including Europe, South America, and the Middle East.
- Atlanta is well-connected by Amtrak Rail and links Atlanta to major destinations including New York and New Orleans.
- If you want to rent a car, for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - late May to August is a popular time to visit due to the warm temperatures ideal for the concerts and outdoor activities.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Atlanta
The Ellis Atlanta 127 rooms from AU$174City Style - Rooms with contemporary comfort, exquisite bathrooms with amenities, LCD TV'S and ipod docking stationsLocal exploring - Close to historical sights. Next door to the Peach Tree Center Marta StationSights nearby - A short walk to the Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca Cola and the World Congress CentreLively - Hip and happening.
Stonehurst Place Atlanta 6 rooms from AU$350Romantic Break - Intimate yet elegant, retaining some of the original 19th century features like cosy fireplaces- a perfect romantic retreatLocal exploring - A few minutes drive from Georgia Aquarium and Zoo Atlanta, and right next to Atlanta's Botanical Garden and Piedmont ParkRestrictions on children - This hotel can only accommodate children over the age of 12Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
Intimate B&B in Midtown on a delightful leafy residential street, a converted 19th Century mansion filled with museum-quality artworks. The rooms combine historic elegance with modern amenities, and the front parlour has a grand piano and other fine furnishings. Quiet and unassuming yet luxurious. See More
W Atlanta Downtown Atlanta (Georgia) 237 rooms from AU$462Sights nearby - Margaret Mitchell House and Museum is where the famous book Gone with the Wind was written.Views - Great views from hotelLively - Hip and happening.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
Trendy, elegant business and leisure hotel in the heart of Atlanta offers pool with a view, gym and business facilities. The rooms are modern with city views through floor-to-ceiling windows and modern bathrooms. BLT Steak matches traditional French bistro with an American steakhouse. Great spot! See More
Mandarin Oriental Atlanta Atlanta (Georgia) 127 rooms from AU$696Sights nearby - World of Coco Cola and CNN Centre both offer an insight into the big universal names.Great walks - Atlanta Botanical Gardens offers more than 30 acres of garden to explore.Views - Great views from hotelSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Tablet
Situated in Buckhead the Mandarin Oriental offers indoor pool, spa & all you need business facilities. Large rooms are classic in decor with modern bathrooms. The Cafe and Bar serve regional cuisine, Taipan whips up cocktails in an English garden setting. Location is simply perfect. See More