What a brilliant website. I shall speak of it far & wide ! David Campbell.
Search the best hotels in Hawley
Close to Lake Wallenpaupack and the Poconos Mountains, Hawley in north-eastern Pennsylvania, has long been a popular family resort-town. It offers a good base for outdoors activities, lazy beach days or gentle strolling around the charming Victorian downtown. The town grew during the 19th century as it was on the main route for shipping coal along the Delaware and Hudson Canal to New York. As Hawley is particularly popular in summer, the best places to stay in Hawley can get booked up pretty quickly so do plan ahead.
What Not To Miss
- One of the biggest draws of Hawley is the 13-mile-long Lake Wallenpaupack where activities range from the gentle - fishing, boating and swimming - to the more challenging - parasailing, water-skiing and wakeboarding.
- Around the lake you’ll find family fun parks such as the Carousel Water and Fun Park and Costa’s Family Fun Park.
- Spreading out from the southern edge of the lake is the big outdoors playground of the Poconos Mountains with hiking and cycling trails, zip-lining opportunities as well as rafting and canoeing and some spectacular waterfalls.
- Return to Hawley to enjoy a gentle stroll along the banks of the Lackawaxen River, around its downtown area with Victorian architecture, antique shops, renovated silk mill - with boutiques and a spa - and art galleries as well as family-friendly inns and restaurants.
This is a perfect spot for some family R'n'R and our pick of the best places to stay in Hawley are perfect bases whatever your age.
The best places to stay in Hawley
For great views
- With views over Wallenpaupack Creek, Ledges Hotel combines the best of rural and urban settings. A former glass factory with original features of exposed-stone walls and large windows have been sympathetically used to create light, contemporary bedrooms while the views of waterfalls from the wraparound terrace are mesmerising.
For rustic style
- The comfortable rustic style of The Settlers Inn makes this a charming, homely retreat. Rooms are spacious with lovely views over gardens and woodland while the popular Chestnut Tavern showcases farm-to-fork cooking at its best.
For an apartment or cottage
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for rural properties great for making the most of the great outdoors.
- Fly to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport located 63.5km (39.5 miles) from Hawley with a selection of flights across the U.S to destinations including to Charlotte and Philadelphia.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the wonderful natural surroundings - for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the Summer from June to August provides the warmest weather for enjoying the beaches or outdoor pursuits.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Hawley
Ledges Hotel Hawley (Pennsylvania) 19 rooms from AU$264
Nestled in Wayne County with views of Wallenpaupack Creek, this hotel with wrap-around terrace enjoys a breath-taking spot. Rooms are contemporary & comfortable. GLASS offers small plates to share with a wide range of American wine, beer and spirits. Perfect choice for exploring rural Pennsylvania.Great walks - To Hawley, the local town, to see Lake Wallenpaupack and Lighhouse Harbor Marina.Kayaking - An afternoon with Kittatinny Canoes.Sights nearby - Hawley Silk Mill is on site.Full of character
The Settlers Inn Hawley (Pennsylvania) 22 rooms from AU$286
1927 historical hideaway offers antique decor mixed with modern luxuries to make 21 unique, comfortable & charming rooms. The Chestnut Tavern's popularity with locals is a testament to the organic, farm-to-fork ethos employed here. The most superb spot for outdoors lovers, families and groups.Great walks - Hawley has a two mile walking trail through the park and along the Lackawaxen River.Birdwatching - Eagle spotting in the cooler months is possible.Local markets - Silk Mill has a range of shops.Sailing - Lake Wallenpaupack.