Search the best hotels in Moab
Moab is Utah's adventure capital. Set between two national parks, Canyonland and Arches, and made up of golden desert sands and unusual red rock formations which immediately conjure up images from a Western film it is not hard to see why. In fact, this is where the iconic John Ford Westerns were filmed, as well as being the backdrop for Thelma and Louise among other Hollywood greats. Outdoor enthusiasts descend here in their droves to mountain bike, hike, whitewater raft, horse ride or off-road drive. Our collection of the best places to stay in Moab offer a good range from secluded lodges in this wild country to cosy inns close to downtown.
And what to get up to once you've arrived? As a jump-off point, the Devils Garden Trail is a day-long but manageable hike. A quick stop by the Delicate Arch found in the aptly named Arches National Park is worthy of a trip for the obligatory photo. And for those looking for a real challenge, the 10.6 mile-long Slickrock Trail is known to be the hardest cycling track in the area. The town itself greets its adventurous visitors back with the offerings of breweries, coffee roasters and gourmet restaurants.
This is an adventure enthusiast's dream location. To experience this yourself why not browse through our collection of the best places to stay in Moab to start planning your trip.
The best places to stay in Moab
For the location
- Red Cliffs Lodge is set on the Colorado River and offers gorgeous Creek or river views from each of the large rooms. Kitchens, wooden furnishings and private balconies ensure comfort. Enjoy meals at The Cowboy Grill and wine tastings at Castle Creek Winery.
- Sorrel River Ranch offers an unbeatable spot in the heart of Utah with a pool, spa, working ranch and canyon and river views. Comfortable, wood furnished rooms come with kitchens and dining areas. The River Grill and Bar serves American cuisine. Expect activities galore by the day. but make sure you relax at the spa and pool too!
- Castle Valley Inn offers eight luxurious lodges close to the area's National Parks. This is is a property really all about the setting with its 360-degree views of the striking Utah desert.
For a unique stay
- Under Canvas is a luxury camp set in spectacular Utah countryside. The tents provide every comfort one could hope for plus the added bonus of being directly in touch with nature.
For traditional charm
- Sunflower Hill Inn is as cute as the name suggests. Offering a handful of cosy rooms, charming hosts and the added bonus of a large pool. A welcoming stay.
For a holiday home
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, our online partner booking.com has plenty in the vicinity.
- Fly to Moab's Canyonlands Field Airport (CNY) and then take a shuttle or rental car to town (10-20 minutes). Or, arrive at one of several International airports within the 500 mile radius (Salt Lake City, Utah or Denver, Colorado) and drive or shuttle from there.
- The best time to visit is between April-May and September-October when the temperatures are clement (around 20 to 27 degrees celsius) for adventure pursuits. The summer and winter months can see very hot and very cold temperatures respectively.
- If you would like the freedom of your own car we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure where to book?
Best Hotels in Moab
Under Canvas Moab 40 rooms from AU$277
A luxury camp set in the spectacular Utah countryside near Moab. A variety of tents tend to everyone's needs from romantic spaces for two to family-sized accommodation. The design has been kept clean and simple in order to focus on the spectacular surrounds. An ideal base for nature enthusiasts.Back to Nature - Tents allow for guests to truly be within nature and Utah's desert is particularly spectacular!Active Holiday - From hiking to zip-lining there is plenty to do for the adventuristGreat walks - Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park are nearby and have miles of hiking trailsOutstanding location
Castle Valley Inn Moab 8 rooms from AU$337
Offering eight lodges in a secluded spot, near Moab, this is a property really all about the setting with its 360-degree views of the striking Utah desert. Rustic chic accommodation, reassuringly hearty breakfasts, friendly hosts and easy access to many of the area's National Parks. A winning combo!Families - With the laid back atmosphere and boundless space this is an ideal property for those travelling with childrenCountry Escape - Set in a spectacular location in this high desert valley this is the perfect back to nature destinationBack to Nature - Enjoy a stunning off the beaten track location with the ideal conditions for some serious stargazing.Great walks - With four national parks nearby, each offering endless trails, there is plenty to explore
Red Cliffs Lodge Moab (Utah) 110 rooms from AU$352
Hollywood western landscape on the Colorado River with pool and horse corral. Spectacular Creek or river views from each of the large rooms. Kitchens, wood furnishings and private balconies ensure comfort. Enjoy meals at The Cowboy Grill and wine tastings at Castle Creek Winery. Stunning location!Hills & mountainsKayaking - Summer months are the best for this.Hideaway - A true Utah hideaway location.Sights nearby - On site Western Film Museum
Sorrel River Ranch Moab (Utah) 55 rooms from AU$472
Unbeatable spot in the heart of Utah with pool, spa, working ranch with canyon and river views. Comfortable, wood furnished rooms come with kitchens and dining areas. The River Grill and Bar serves American cuisine. Activities galore by day. Make sure you relax at the spa and pool too.Kayaking - Float downstream in your own kayak or get involved in the paddle boarding craze.Back to Nature - Immerse yourself in nature.Secluded setting - For escaping.Remote - Off the beaten track.
Sunflower Hill Inn Moab 12 rooms from AU$394
A charming traditional inn set in the adventure mecca of Moab offering 12 individually styled rooms and a large pool. The decor is cosy and homely with delicate floral motifs, cast iron beds and large windows offering lovely garden views. A welcoming spot to return to after a day's exploring.Local exploring - A charming lodge offering easy access to both Moab and nearby Arches National ParkGreat walks - Arches National Park (and numerous other parks) are less than an hour away and offer miles of scenic hiking trailsSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolFull of character