Search the best hotels in Oklahoma City
About Oklahoma City
The capital city of the US state of Oklahoma and the beating heart of cowboy culture, Oklahoma is the perfect weekend break for history-buffs. In a region dominated by massive oil wells, lying on the Great Plains, Oklahoma teems with excellent museums - from a cowboy heritage museum to the only "skeleton museum" in the USA - this former frontier city, settled in 1889 after being long-inhabited by Native Americans, makes for a great introduction to North American colonial history. Boasting the beautiful canalside neighbourhood of Bricktown - a former warehouse district full of gourmet restaurants and cute cafes, you can hop about the city on water taxis. Not only that, there's a fantastic zoo, amusement park, botanical gardens and a lovely range of art galleries. Vibrant, colourful and full of a diverse range of things-to-do, be sure to check out our collection of the best places to stay in Oklahoma - we've highlighted a hotel that doubles up as a museum that's right in the heart of the city.
What not to miss
- Pay homage to the victims of the 1995 Oklahoma City Bombings at the National Memorial.
- Wander around Bricktown and find a nice place to eat - it won't be hard!
- Check out the City Zoo, boasting lions, rhinos, gorillas and tigers...
- Visit the Oklahoma City Museum of Art and admire their range of 19th and 20th century paintings.
- Immerse yourself in cowboy culture at the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum!
- Find some peace and quiet in the Myriad Botanical Gardens.
- For something a bit different, check out the Museum of Osteology - the only skeleton museum in the US...
- Learn about regional colonial history at the Oklahoma History Centre!
- Thrill-junkies should book a ride on the Frontier City amusement park rollercoasters...
A fun and colourful city with a great range of activities on offer, Oklahoma City is a wonderful place to go for history buffs. Find out more by browsing our list of the best places to stay in Oklahoma City!
The best places to go in Oklahoma City
- Part museum, part hotel, 21c Museum Hotel stands as one of Oklahoma City's finest establishments. The chic industrial conversion features stylish rooms, trendy art installations and atmospheric communal areas. Ideal for a energetic weekend in the city.
- The Ambassador is a luxury hotel set in an Art Deco building in Oklahoma City's Midtown District. Rooms have a contemporary feel with soft grey hues, crisp white linen and large bathrooms complete with rain showers. Located minutes from many of the major attractions, with a complimentary shuttle too! Superb.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is during the summer, when the temperature ranges between 19 and 34 degrees - scorching!
- Fly to Oklahoma City's international airport, Will Rogers World Airport.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Oklahoma
- or United States
- or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Oklahoma City
The Ambassador Oklahoma City (OK) 54 rooms from AU$284Local exploring - Ideally set in Midtown district, close to many of the city's main attractions, and perfect for exploring the city on footSights nearby - Wander by Oklahoma State Capitol and admire the impressive architectureGreat walks - Take a stroll through the pictureusque Myriad Botanical GardensSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor pool
A luxury hotel set in an Art Deco building in Oklahoma City's Midtown District. Rooms have a contemporary feel with soft grey hues, crisp white linen and large bathrooms complete with rain showers. Located minutes from many of the major attractions, with a complimentary shuttle too! Superb. See More
21c Museum Hotel Oklahoma City 135 rooms from AU$505City Style - Right in the heart of the city it's perfect for exploring the sights and sounds of Oklahoma City.Sights nearby - Ten minutes walk from the Myriad Botanical Gardens.Spa