Search the best hotels in Palm Beach
About Palm Beach
Palm Beach sounds like a desirable place to live, doesn’t it? It’s not just the idea of a palm-fringed beach, it’s probably also the fact that the name is synonymous with American wealth and glamour. And of course, there’s that good ol’ Florida sunshine. The best places to stay in Palm Beach include some pretty tempting looking beach resorts, but there are also some great city break style hotels. And our Guru’s list of the best hotels in Palm Beach also includes a great affordable suggestion.
Palm Beach’s beaches are clean, golden and stretch for miles. They're fringed by hotels and, of course, palm trees. This holiday idyll, with its tropical climate, set on a 26km long barrier island at the very east of Florida, was the dream of one man in particular, Henry Morrison Flagler, who’s responsible for running the railway out here.
He also built the first two hotels and started the trend for constructing elegant beaux-arts style homes and palatial Greco-Roman mansions. His Flagler Museum is housed in his original mansion built in 1902, with its 75 rooms and impressive pink aluminium-leaf wallpaper - which at the time of the house’s construction was more expensive than gold.
These days the super-duper rich live on Ocean Boulevard, on estates which are so big that it’s better to drive down here than walk; the most famous of them all is probably Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago. You can rub shoulders with the owners of these properties on Worth Avenue, a palm-lined stretch of around 200 high-end shops.
What not to miss
- The Henry Morrison Flagler Museum is a must-visit for those wanting to find out more about the town's inception and history.
- The Society of the Four Arts, home to a beautiful botanic garden and a large number of sculptures, is a lovely place to stroll around.
- Alternatively, head off on the idyllic Lake Trail with a loved one as you watch the sun go down.
- If you're here with kids, Palm Beach Zoo and Botanical Gardens is a great place to spend a few hours.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Palm Beach are all popular properties, so if you're planning a visit, get organised and book well ahead.
The best places to stay in Palm Beach
For a beach break
- The Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa is a 300 room resort with two restaurants, a bar, a full-service spa, a kid’s club and activities and some of the most golden sandy beach views around. Cabana luxury.
For a city break
- The Brazilian Court Hotel is just back from the beach in downtown Palm Beach. There’s room to lounge - in the pool and hot tub, spa and salon, but you’re also right by much of the action when it comes to shopping and sightseeing.
For great value
- Playground of the rich and famous? Yes. Completely out of the reach of the rest of us? No. The Chesterfield is a 50 room hotel in West Palm Beach (almost on the beach) with a great pool, hot tub, terrace restaurant, bar and bold botanical decor. And, of course, a couple of palm trees.
For an apartment or villa
- If you're looking for a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- If you're coming from aboad then fly into Miami International Airport or Fort Lauderdale International Airport before taking the bus to Palm Beach.
- The weather is warm year-round and so there is never really a bad time to visit! However be warned that during the height of summer it can be very humid and hurricane season runs from June to November.
- If you fancy the freedom of having a car with you then check out the options with Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach 53 rooms from AU$318Swimming Pool - Outdoor swimming poolRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Bold choices in the interior design draw on ornate botanical patterns and Victorian opulence coupled with Floridian laid-back charm. Hot tub, swimming pool, bicycles. At The Chesterfield, you can eat outside on the terrace or enjoy the atmosphere of the Lizard Restaurant, Lounge and Bar. See More
The Brazilian Court Hotel Palm Beach 68 rooms from AU$350Sights nearby - The Norton Museum of Art is less than 2km awaySpa - Frédéric Fekkai Salon and SpaHideaway - Tranquil and intimate.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
A chic and romantic hotel in the centre of down-town Palm Beach, with a heated outdoor pool and hot tub for lounging with loved ones. Restaurant serving exquisite seasonal French cuisine. Spa and salon offering massages, beauty treatments, and haircuts. Rooms are lavishly but tastefully decorated. See More
Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa Palm Beach 309 rooms from AU$541On the beach - Soak up the sun, sea and sand on Eau Palm Beach's personal access to the beach.Kids Club - Extensive children's programming (teen centre, game room, and puppet theatre)Views - Views over the ocean, the city and the beautiful resort gardens.Swimming Pool - Two swimming pools
Florida's number one resort has it all: marble detailing in bathrooms, feather beds, balconies for every room and suite, a full-service spa, a bar and two restaurants, two outdoor pools and a bold and classy eye for design. Enjoy cabana luxury in this chic, nautical-inspired beach-front paradise. See More