Search the best hotels in Malmö
Connected to Copenhagen via the Öresund bridge, Malmö is a very cool city. It's got Scandinavia’s tallest building, the impressive ‘Turning Torso’, a collection of world-class museums and some beautiful parks. There's also a population which includes around 150 different nationalities, all contributing to the food, the festivals, the music and the lifestyle. If you’re here for the history then the Galma Staden, or Old Town, is probably one of the best places to stay in Malmö. As well as being in the heart of town, you’re also close to the castle. But, if your idea of the best hotels in Malmö are close to trendy restaurants, bars, and is perhaps a cool design property, then you might want to look around the redeveloped harbour precinct.
Malmö was originally founded by the Danes - for several centuries it was Denmark’s second largest city - which is why there are some districts and streets which are littered with Danish-style half-timbered houses. Before the bridge - which is the world’s longest cable-tied road bridge - was opened in 2000, Malmö was a fairly industrial city, whose largest employer was a shipbuilding company. But the bridge really changed everything.
If you’re looking for Malmö’s markets you’ll find them in Möllevångstorget square, which is surrounded by Asian and Middle Eastern shops and restaurants and numerous bars. If you’re looking for the high design stores and fancy restaurants try Davidshallstorg.
Malmö is a great place for pedestrians and cyclists, but there’s also a very good bus network. There are many beautiful parks - great for swimming and sunbathing if you’re here in summer, or in fact winter too if you fancy it - the sandy beach of the Ribersborgsstranden is known for ice swimming…
What not to miss
- The Old Town, the castle (Malmöhus Slott), and the three main squares which lie at the heart of Malmö are probably the best places to start exploring.
- Stortorget, meaning the big square, is where you’ll find Malmö’s beautiful city hall. Lilla Torg, or little square, is where you’ll find many cafes and restaurants, whilst the third square, Gustav Adolf’s Square, is best for shopping.
- One of Malmö’s museum highlights is the Moderna Museet Malmö, the modern art museum in an impressively converted turbine hall.
- Malmö Castle is a stunning 16th-century castle that's definitely worth a visit.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Malmo are well placed in the centre of town, an ideal spot whatever your reason to visit.
The best places to stay in Malmö
For the centre of town
- Right in the centre of town, the Master Johan Hotel is a comfortable, elegant place to use as a base for a city break. The decor in the 69 rooms is tasteful, with flashes of modern art, and there’s a stylish restaurant. Rooms start from around €61 per night.
For an apartment or villa
- If you're looking for a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- The weather's at its best during the summer months, with the average temperature rising to 22°C in July. You'll want to avoid visiting in the winter unless you fancy wrapping up very warmly!
- Copenhagen Airport is only 24km away from Malmö, or alternatively, you might be able to fly into the smaller Malmö Sturup Airport before taking a bus into the centre of town.
- If you fancy the freedom of having a car then browse through the options available online with our partner, Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Malmö.
- Widen your search to include our recommendations for the best places to stay in Copenhagen.
- Or, feel free to contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Malmö
Best Hotels in Malmö
Master Johan Hotel Malmö 69 rooms from CA$183Business meetings - The central location and excellent conference facilities, make it a perfect setting for business meetings.Local exploring - Ideally placed for exploring the city, just meters from Lilla Torg Square in central Malmö.Local markets - In December don't miss out on the Malmo christmas market.Sights nearby - Two minutes walk from the lovely Lilla Torg square.
Located in Malmo's city centre, Master Johan Hotel is perfectly positioned for a weekend of exploring the city. The comfortable rooms are spacious and elegantly decorated with tasteful furnishings and modern art. In the evening, enjoy a meal in the stylish modern restaurant. See More
Hotel Duxiana Malmö (Norr) 21 rooms from CA$221City Style - With contemporary interiors featuring designer furnishings, this hotel has plenty of chic, city styleLocal exploring - Located in the centre of Malmö, this hotel is a great base for local exploring in the cityRomantic Break - Book the superior suite with a bathtub for added luxury on your romantic getawayLocal markets - Visit the markets in Drottningtorget; a food market during the week, it converts into a huge flea market on Sundays
This boutique hotel is located in downtown Malmö. Rooms are bright and airy with contemporary design pieces and DUX beds; book a superior suite for a freestanding bathtub. Be sure to sample the restaurant's seasonal menu and try to catch the renowned After Work jazz and drinks event; a stylish stay. See More