Search the best hotels in Cannon Beach
About Cannon Beach
An idyllic four-mile stretch of Pacific coastline, Oregon’s Cannon Beach — named for a 19th-century cannon which washed ashore nearby — is a gorgeous destination for an outdoorsy holiday. Deemed by National Geographic to be amongst the 100 most beautiful places in the world, this is a landscape of expansive sands fringed by undulating hills, dramatic rock formations and verdant forests. Accommodation options range from simple, self-catering spots to indulgent hotels, fit for a whole host of tastes and budgets. With the best places to stay in Cannon Beach set close to the coast as well as the town’s many attractions, this is a wonderful choice for an action-packed trip as a couple, or with family and friends.
Unwind on the beach, build sandcastles or stroll with your feet in the waves, before heading out to surf, kayak or sail. Nearby Ecola State Park promises stunning vistas, as do Arcadia Beach, Hug Point and Oswald West State Park. Spot migratory whales out at sea, or admire tidepools teeming with life and rare nesting birds at the iconic Haystack Rock. The Tufted Puffins are a particular favourite. You’ll also find ample opportunities to go horse riding, cycling and hiking in the area.
Back in town, stroll charming streets filled with friendly eateries, independent boutiques and art galleries. Home to just 2,000 people, Cannon Beach is a lively arts hub, and it’s well worth looking out for public art installations and creative architectural details whilst exploring on foot. There are great self-guided beer and foodie walking routes, too! Some of the best places to stay in Cannon Beach have top-notch restaurants of their own: this is a brilliant place to savour the flavours of the Pacific Northwest.
The Best Places to Stay in Cannon Beach
- Surfsand Resort is a family-friendly beach resort with 97 classic rooms, some of which have hot tubs and private balconies. The whole family will enjoy the indoor pool and little ones can play at Taffy’s Kids’ Club before everyone gathers at the restaurant or for a beach BBQ in the evening.
- The Inn at Haystack Rock offers contemporary, self-catered suites in blue-painted buildings set within a leafy garden just one block from the beach. Two-bedroom suites with big kitchens are great for families, whilst smaller studios will suit couples. Some have private patios with BBQ grills. Friendly, laid-back and good value.
- Stephanie Inn promises a sumptuous seaside stay with classic rooms and suites featuring whirlpool tubs, gas fireplaces and private terraces with uninterrupted ocean views. A wonderful choice for a couples' break, complete with a restorative spa and an award-winning fine dining restaurant focusing on fresh local produce. A delight.
- The Cannon Beach Hotel is an elegant boutique spot, just a short walk from the beach. Expect romantic four-poster beds, big fireplaces and claw-footed tubs in spacious guestrooms within a century-old building. A charming and relaxed couples' pick, with a lovely café.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Portland International Airport, just 1.5 hours' drive from Cannon Beach. There is an extensive bus network for overland journeys from destinations across Oregon.
- Oregon is ideal for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel during the summer months (June to August) for the warmest weather, although this is peak season. You can expect to spot migratory whales in December or between March and May.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Browse our list of the best places to stay in Pacific City.
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Oregon.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Cannon Beach
Best Hotels in Cannon Beach
The Inn at Haystack Rock Cannon Beach 23 rooms from CA$232Families - Two-bedroom Suites are perfect for families or friends; they sleep up to six people and come with fully equipped kitchensBeach Life - It's one block to Cannon Beach which is fab for long walks, swimming and admiring the unique dramatic rock formationsShort break - Just 90 mins drive from Portland yet offers an authentic and wild beach experience; great for short weekends awaySelf catering to rent - Every room comes with at least a small kitchenette or snack kitchen, but many feature full kitchens
Fresh & contemporary self-catered suites one block from the beach. Set around pretty gardens with a bubbling fountain, each spacious & airy unit features living & dining areas; some have private patios, fires & spa tubs. Walk to famous Haystack rock & local dining options. Great value crowd-pleaser. See More
Surfsand Resort Cannon Beach 97 rooms from CA$262Romantic - What can be more romantic than a barefoot stroll along a pristine beach, bathed in the light of a Pacific sunset?Kids Club - Taffy’s Kids’ Club crafts and activitiesViews - Views of the Pacific Ocean and Haystack RockGreat walks - Stroll down four miles of sandy beaches.Recommended by - Tablet
Family-friendly, tranquil resort on impressive Cannon Beach. Interiors are classic with a beachy vibe, light colours and natural woods. Balconies and soaking tub in some rooms. On-site restaurant serves American classics prepared with care, or you can kick back with a beach BBQ. Gym, indoor pool. See More
Cannon Beach Hotel Cannon Beach 10 rooms from CA$379Beach Life - It's a two minute walk to sandy Cannon Beach, named by National Geographic as one of 'The World's 100 Most Beautiful Places'Active Holiday - A perfect holiday destination for hikers with untouched wildnerness, state parks, sandy beaches and impressive ocean vistasRomantic Break - Designed for romance, the best rooms feature fireplaces, claw-foot soaking tubs and custom-made mattressesGreat walks - A hike in Ecola State Park offers stunning vistas over the Pacific coastline
Intimate owner-run boutique hotel close to the beach. Situated in a 100-year old New England-style building, classic & elegant rooms feature glossy four-poster beds, fireplaces & soaking tubs. A cafe serves continental breakfast or dine at the sister property's inn nearby. Deluxe choice for couples. See More
Stephanie Inn Cannon Beach 41 rooms from CA$420Restrictions on children - Children older than 12 years are welcome - but no young children makes for a blissful stay!On the beach - Located directlly on the Pacific Ocean, only 28 steps to the beachPrivate Hot Tub - Some rooms have private hot tub bathtubs.Views - The hotel overlooks the Pacific Ocean
The oceanfront Stephanie Inn offers well-appointed rooms and suites with view of the beach and ocean. Interiors entice and delight, with in-room fireplaces, four poster beds, and whirlpool tubs. Enjoy an epicurean dining experience at The Stephanie Dining Room or borrow a bike and go for a ride! See More