Search the best hotels in Pacific City
About Pacific City
Looking out towards iconic Cape Kiwanda and the vast wilderness of the ocean, Pacific City is a beautiful Oregon destination for lovers of the great outdoors. Accommodation options range from simple, self-catering spots to a luxury hotel with indulgent suites and cottages, fit for a whole host of tastes and budgets. With the best places to stay in Pacific City set right on the beach, surfers, kayakers, anglers and hikers can immerse themselves in the magic of the region’s natural wonders.
For a sense of the area’s awe-inspiring landscapes, take the Three Capes Scenic Drive. Hike amidst the old spruce trees at Cape Meares State Park, keeping an eye out for migratory whales in the water during the winter and spring months and try surfing, kayaking or horse riding near Cape Kiwanda State Natural Area before exploring Bob Straub State Park. The waves along this stretch of coastline are particularly popular with surfers, whilst keen anglers will find excellent opportunities for rewarding fishing trips out at sea.
Birdwatchers, wildlife enthusiasts and hikers, on the other hand, will adore the varied habitats of the Nestucca Bay National Wildlife Refuge, which supports the world’s entire population of Semidi Islands Aleutian Cackling Geese. Don’t miss the chance to take the little ones clamming, to enjoy a boat ride along the waterways, or to cycle along myriad pathways and beachfront trails as a family.
Back in Pacific City, you’ll find friendly seafood eateries and a relaxed, small town feel. The Pelican Brewing Company is a real highlight — round off your day with a beer or two before returning to one of the best places to stay in Pacific City!
The Best Places to Stay in Pacific City
- Headlands Coastal Lodge & Spa offers a collection of idyllic suites and multi-bedroom cottages with well-equipped kitchens, beautiful views and direct beach access. A luxury hotel with something for guests of all ages, the property boasts a superb spa, a top-notch gourmet eatery and heaps of activities, including surfing, cycling and more. A fabulous coastal favourite for couples or families.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Portland International Airport, just under 2 hours' drive from Pacific City. There is an extensive bus network for overland journeys from destinations across Oregon.
- Oregon is ideal for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel during the summer months (June to August) for the warmest weather, although this is peak season. You can expect to spot migratory whales in December or between March and May.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Browse our list of the best places to stay in Cannon Beach.
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Oregon.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Pacific City
Best Hotels in Pacific City
Headlands Coastal Lodge & Spa Pacific City 51 rooms from £436Families - The hotel's two and three-bedroom, oceanfront cottages are ideal for a family seaside holiday, offering ample living spaceSpa breaks - Guests at the hotel enjoy complimentary access to the Tidepools Spa; book a holistic treatment for maximum relaxationBeach Life - This oceanfront lodge is perfect for a relaxing, seaside getaway, offering privileged beach access and ocean viewsKayaking - Take an afternoon kayak trip onto the ocean, part of the the hotel's wide-ranging roster of activities for guests