Search the best hotels in Gardone Riviera
About Gardone Riviera
Gardone Riviera was once the most dazzling and glamorous of all Lake Garda’s resorts, its idyllic location augmented by beautiful villas and Belle Epoque hotels, sloping up the hill to maximise the views. Today these historic properties are still some of the best places to stay in Gardone Riviera, though our Gurus have also uncovered some charmingly traditional restaurants with rooms, waterside grande dames, and a handful of reasonably priced B&Bs and pensiones. Gardone Riviera was once priced quite dazzlingly as well, but it’s much more affordable today than it was in its 19th century heyday, and there are some really good value properties on our Gurus’ list.
Gardone Riviera is the sort of place for lazy afternoons watching the water, sipping fancy drinks or enjoying extravagant ice creams. Its promenade is lined with benches for doing just that, if you can’t find a spot on your hotel terrace. But the town is really known for its gardens, and the best places to stay in Gardone Riviera have some seriously impressive gardens of their own, think long waterfront terraces and lush tropical pockets, which display all the best of Lake Garda’s vegetation plus some Mediterranean and sub-tropical guests which thrive under the sunshine and warm microclimate. Gardone Riviera also has some formal botanical gardens and several parks lining its elegant waterfront boulevard.
In amongst the greenery is a lively piazza, with cafes and bars, and a charming chapel. The Vittoriale degli Italiani, once the home of the poet Gabriele d’Annunzio, and the A. Hruska Botanical Gardens, are probably the town’s main sights, but there’s plenty to do in, around, and on the lake, and its location, about a third of the way up the western shore, is perfect for visiting other lake-shore centres by boat.
The Best Places to Stay in Gardone Rivier
For a Special Occasion
- The Villa del Sogno is a luxurious villa conversion, however this villa is pretty large, and the transformation has seen the addition of facilities, as well as the carefully reimagining of the 35 beautiful rooms and suites. Each room is still very unique, and despite the size, this still feels like a grand private dwelling. Expect pillars, stained glass, painted tiles and murals, and plenty of wood. Our favourite rooms have private lake-view terraces. As well as being beautiful inside, the villa has two restaurants. And outside are expansive terraces, gardens, a swimming pool and a tennis court.
- Bella Riva is wonderfully positioned, right on the lake’s edge, with gardens and a pool terrace against the water. The hotel itself has wonderful views too, especially from its restaurant and bar, but from some of the 19 rooms and four suites as well. The decor is contemporary, and the bathrooms are large and lined with stone. The watersports facilities are excellent here too — the hotel can set you up with waterskiing, sailing or windsurfing kit — and there are lots of family-friendly options too.
- The Villa Vittoria is graceful villa set in a lakeside garden lush with palms. Inside are eight large guest rooms, plus spacious living areas and a communal breakfast room. Eight rooms may be too many for your family, but this is just the sort of place that welcomes being taken over, as the communal spaces are so welcoming and comfortable. The decor retains some of the villa’s original charms, like exposed beamed ceilings and vast windows and doors, but there’s a contemporary crispness to the colour scheme and details. The pool and jetty are assets and they can arrange babysitting.
For the Romance of Lake Garda
- The Villa Fiordaliso is a gorgeously grand, terracotta-coloured, 19th century Liberty-style villa. Historic inside as well as out, the villa has five beautiful rooms and a Michelin-starred restaurant. It feels traditional, but timeless, and the views of Lake Garda are perfect. Just the thing if you want to impress someone, or treat yourself to old fashioned luxury.
For the Views
- Dimora Bolsone is a stylish, ten room B&B converted from an elegant manor house positioned so that you can see the whole town and the lake laid out beyond. There’s a terrace and gardens, for maximum view appreciation, plus ten individually decorated rooms and suites. Expect unique touches like murals, solid wood antiques, original artworks, beamed ceilings, stone fireplaces and private balconies and terraces.
For Luxurious Facilities
- The Grand Hotel Fasano is an historic grand hotel, originally built for royalty, and occupying a suitably regal lakeside position. As well as magical views, the hotel has magical architecture in the form of terraces and turrets, pillars, and French windows opening onto the lake. This is one of the larger hotels on our list, with 76 rooms and suites, plus it boasts a spa and pools, tennis courts and a restaurant positioned on a terrace directly over the lake.
For a Lakeside Retreat
- The Villa Paradiso is an elegant, salmon-coloured villa converted into a health spa and wellness centre, with weekly bespoke treatment programs and warm, contemporary style. Private and somewhat secluded, this is the perfect health retreat, and even better, the price includes all your treatments, as well as full board. The 35 rooms and suites are beautiful, and even though the restaurant is focussed on healthy cuisine it’s still elegant and delicious.
For Great Value
- The Osteria Antico Brolo is a gorgeous little restaurant with four chic rooms and suites. With a courtyard entryway which feels private and intimate, this feels like a special and traditional place to stay, as well as being affordable. The rooms feature plenty of white, and warm wood accents. And the restaurant is excellent. One of the suites can accommodate a family of four.
- The three bedroom B&B Big Sur is a simple and well positioned choice on the hillside of Gardone Riviera. The rooms are simply decorated, but neatly and comfortably, and with doubles, bunks and twin room options, there are good family configurations.
- The Locanda Agli Angeli is a charming, family-friendly restaurant with nine rooms. The restaurant is on a sunny square, and the traditional building it occupies has wonderful views of what’s going on, as well as a pool and pool terrace. The rooms vary somewhat is size, but most have elegant four-poster beds against white-washed walls. The cuisine is traditional too, and very well done.
Prefer a Self-catering Apartment or villa?
- Sometimes a villa or apartment is the best option if you're travelling in a larger group, so if you decide that you'd prefer a self catering option, check out our online booking partner, booking.com for some inspiration.
- Brescia-Montichiari is the closest airport to Gardone Riviera, about half an hour away by road, if you’re in a private vehicle, or an hour by bus. Verona-Villafranca is about an hour away by car. It sounds idyllic to cross the lake by ferry, and if you have three hours to do the journey it will certainly be a show stopping introduction to the lake. Venice Marco Polo and Milan Malpensa are larger hubs, so might be more convenient, and both are around two hours drive from Gardone Riviera, or three hours by train. Alternatively, the lake has great rail links.
- If you want to hire a car — which we strongly advise if you’re staying on Lake Garda — we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- Gardone Riviera, and all of Lake Garda, is very popular in the summer, so if you want to join the cheerful bustle of this time of year you’d be advised to book your hotel/s and restaurants early. Gardone Riviera is charming well into autumn and winter too, and spring is also very beautiful, so it’s more about what sort of holiday you’re planning. May is a good compromise if you’re still hoping for warmth and sunshine, with temperatures reaching about 20°C, and September is similar, but with a different set of plants flowering. Christmas and Easter are always special too.
Still not sure where to stay?
- You could expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Garda
- Or you might consider including other local towns in your search like Salò, just inland, or Gargnano, just north along the lake shore
- You could also consider refining your search by the kind of accommodation you’re looking for, be it the best hotels with a view on Lake Garda, the best family hotels on Lake Garda or the best hotels on Lake Garda for foodies
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Gardone Riviera
Best Hotels in Gardone Riviera
Locanda Agli Angeli Gardone Riviera 9 rooms from €80Foodies - The family-run restaurant spills out onto the square where regional dishes are served up with alot of love and careTraditional - A charming traditional property perfect for an authentic and homely stayGreat walks - Get out into the countryside and explore the many walking trailsViews - Great views from hotel
Charming restaurant with rooms near to Lake Garda. Romantic bedrooms have four poster beds, white linens, wooden beams, and white washed walls. The restaurant serves excellent local food and there's also a small pool. Excellent value, family friendly. See More
Osteria Antico Brolo Gardone Riviera 4 rooms from €83Value chic - Seriously good value with standard rooms from only €70 per night B&BLocal exploring - A chic base for exploring Gardone Riviera and Lake GardaFoodies - Sample the delights of the on site gourmet restaurantFamilies - One of the suites can accommodate up to 4 people
Gorgeous restaurant with rooms in Gardone Riviera. Enter through a charming courtyard with arched stone gateways and traditional oak doors. Chic all-white bedrooms and suites with exposed beams complemented with period furnishings. Eat delicious dinners at the on site osteria. A perfect base! See More
B&B Big Sur Gardone Riviera 3 rooms from €85Less £ - With doubles from as little as €60 per night including breakfast, it is exceptional value for money.Active Holiday - The property is home to hang-gliding and para-gliding schoolsSights nearby - Visit Verona for the dayLakeside - Lake Garda
A charming bed and breakfast in the hills above Lake Garda. Three simple, stylish, homely bedrooms (one with shared bathroom). Great for families or groups of friends. Lots of outdoor activities nearby and just a short drive to the Lake. A great value hideaway off the beaten track. See More
Villa Vittoria Gardone Riviera (Lake Garda) 8 rooms from €159Local exploring - Situated right on Lake Garda with easy access to the art cities of Brescia, Verona, Mantua and VeniceTotal relaxation - Sunbathe on the jetty with a good book before diving into the lake for a cool-offRomantic Break - Elegant rooms and a beautiful lakeside setting add up to a romantic treatSailing - Sailing on Lake Garda
This graceful villa set in a garden of palm trees and neat lakeside lawns has modern, elegant accommodation. Eight large bedrooms, with chic white interiors, beamed ceilings, & wooden floors dotted with persian rugs. Spacious living areas and communal breakfast. A stylish stay and good for groups. See More
Bella Riva Gardone Riviera 23 rooms from €190Families - Baby cots are provided or extra beds for children plus babysitting services are available for parents in need of a break!Romantic Break - Pick a room with lake views enjoyed even from your bed, the ultimate romantic settingLakeside - Direct access on to Lake GardaViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Dreamily positioned with views over Lake Garda. Contemporary, but still classic, hotel with fabulous rooms and suites, excellent restaurant, bar and pool. Fantastic watersports and activities. A great choice for families, an outdoor holiday, or a romantic break. See More
Hotel Villa del Sogno Gardone Riviera 35 rooms from €196Romantic Break - A romantic fin de siecle property with gorgeous lake views, beautiful rooms and fine dining.Country Escape - A grand country escape set in centuries-old parklandRestaurant - Gourmet restaurant and more relaxed poolside diningViews - Wonderful views from its lakeside location
An elegant five star villa surrounded by beautiful, manicured gardens on the edge of Lake Garda with outdoor swimming pool and tennis court on site. A choice of two restaurants - relaxed outdoor terrace or smart fine dining. Bedrooms are traditional and stylish with high ceilings and large windows. See More
Villa Fiordaliso 25083 Gardone Riviera 5 rooms from €200Sights nearby - Vittoriale degli italiani the architecturally fascinating hillside estate in the town is only a 15 minute walk away.Great walks - Plenty of scenic walking routes on the property grounds and surrounding countryside.Sailing - Rent a boat and head out on the lake, the perfect way to explore the shore.Views - Stunning views over Lake GardaRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Fodors
Very romantic and grand late 19th century, Liberty-style villa with historic interiors and gourmet food. Timeless, traditional rooms with antiques, lakeside views, and lovely gardens and terrace. Intimate and refined. See More
Grand Hotel Fasano Gardone Riviera 76 rooms from €240Total relaxation - A gorgeous former hunting lodge located in a secluded spot besides the lake, the perfect place to come and unwindRomantic Break - With pools to lounge by, elegant rooms and a romantic terrace restaurant, this is a great choice for loversLakeside - On the edge of Lake Garda.Romantic - You couldn't stay in a more fairytale setting on the lake's edge.
An historic grand hotel originally built for the imperial family. Its privileged lakeside position and romantic architecture make it the ideal spot for a honeymoon or romantic holiday. Fairytale turrets, terraces, private pebble beach, spa, tennis court and sumptuous rooms. Heavenly. See More
Dimora Bolsone Gardone Riviera 10 rooms from €286Romantic Break - Pools with a view, romantic al fresco dining and gorgeous suitesSights nearby - Next door to Vittoriale Degli Italiani, the last magnificent home of poet Gabriele DíAnnunzioGreat walks - Maps available. Walks suitable for all from gentle strolls to more adventurous hikes.Views - View over Lake GardaRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Stylish bed-and-breakfast in restored medieval manor house with breathtaking views high above the town. Lovely garden, simply styled rooms full of antiques and objets. Quiet, secluded, a good base, set in a nature park with wonderful hikes. See More
Villa Paradiso Gardone Riviera (Lake Garda) 35 rooms from €385Spa breaks - The spa here is serious business, book in for a week-long bespoke spa and detox programmeTotal relaxation - A discrete luxury property set right on the lake, the perfect place to come and unwindAll inclusive - Price quoted is on a full board basis, including all meals, treatments and therapiesSights nearby - Spend a day in the beautiful city of VeronaRecommended by - Tablet
A relaxation and well-being destination of choice - Villa Paradiso offers 7 day bespoke clinical treatment programs. Warm and elegant bedrooms are designed in a contemporary style that complements the traditional Italian country house. A grand hallway entrance and chic fine dining. See More