Search the best hotels in Gardone Riviera
About Gardone Riviera
Gardone Riviera was once one of the most glittering and glamorous resorts on Lake Garda, with its perfect views augmented with beautiful villas and elegant Belle Epoque hotels sloping up the hill like an amphitheatre of prettiness. And these villas and hotels are still some of the best places to stay in Gardone Riviera.
Our Gurus' other top criteria when recommending the charming properties on Lake Garda are the lake views. And you might be surprised that you can find many of these properties starting from less than £70 per night, so it’s significantly more affordable than in its 19th Century heyday.
In the historic centre of town is a lively piazza with cafes and bars, plus a charming chapel. But one of the nicest things about Gardone Riviera are the beautiful gardens, which display all the best of Lake Garda’s vegetation plus some Mediterranean and sub-tropical guests which thrive under the sunshine and warm microclimate. Many of the villas and hotels have lovely gardens, but Gardone Riviera also has some formal botanical gardens and several parks lining its elegant waterfront boulevard.
The Vittoriale degli Italiani, once the home of the poet Gabriele d’Annunzio, and the A. Hruska Botanical Gardens are probably the town’s main sights, but there’s plenty to do in, around and on the lake.
What Not To Miss
- Undoubtedly one of the town's top attractions, the Il Vittoriale degli Italiani, the vast hillside estate where famous Italian writer Gabriele d'Annunzio lived until 1938. The quirky interior of the property is well worth a tour featuring numerous fascinating historical pieces along with interesting information about its notable former resident. A wander around the gardens will yield visitors all sorts of treasures, from an amphitheatre to an old battleship - it really is an eclectic mix that will appeal to all visitors.
- For a truly tranquil experience, visit the Heller Garden which features some stunning and exotic flora along with intriguing pieces of art. Quaint bridges cross waterways surrounded by charming bamboo gardens interspersed with captivating pieces of art - certainly a unique garden!
- Take a gorgeous lake-side stroll along Passeggiata Kurpromenade, a charming promenade that features a lovely selection of shops and cafes ideal for enjoying a beverage with a view.
- The spectacular Duomo Santa Maria Annunziata offers visitors a superb glimpse into the cultural history of the town with beautifully painted high ceilings and impressive artwork.
- Or for a different perspective of the gorgeous Lake Garda, take a relaxing boat trip offering superb views of the town and dramatic scenery.
All the best places to stay in Gardone Riviera get very busy during the busy summer months, so if you're planning a trip, remember to book well in advance.
The best places to stay in Gardone Riviera
- The Villa Fiordaliso is a grand 19th Century Liberty-style villa with beautiful, historic interiors and a gourmet restaurant. There are just five rooms, which are traditional but timeless, and all with beautiful views of the lake. There’s also Michelin starred dining and lovely gardens and terraces.
- Dimora Bolsone is a stylish, ten room B&B in a converted medieval manor house. Quiet and secluded, you get views over the whole area from the house’s position above the town, plus there’s a lovely garden and simple rooms with nice antiques and objects.
- Hotel Villa Rosenhof is perfect for those who want a quiet break - with just two rooms, there'll be hardly anyone else around to disturb you. Plus you can use a partner hotel's facilities including lake side pool.
- The Villa del Sogno is another luxury option for couples. It enjoys a gorgeous lakeside position, beautiful gardens, gourmet restaurant, wellness area and no children are allowed!
- Bella Riva is a beautifully positioned hotel with 23 contemporary rooms and suites. There’s also an excellent restaurant and bar and a very nice pool. And the hotel has great watersports facilities, which means it’s a great choice for families.
- Villa Vittoria is a charming eight roomed property with a plum lake side spot. Rooms are spacious, the gardens lush and there's an outside pool for those who can't be bothered to move! Perfect for families or groups (you can rent the whole place if you like).
- Originally built for the imperial family, the Grand Hotel Fasano is an historic grand hotel in a privileged lakeside position. The architecture is romantic with fairytale turrets and lovely details, but its private terraces, pebbly beach, spa and tennis courts mean it’s also a good choice for families.
- Osteria Antico Brolo is a gorgeous little restaurant with rooms. Chic rooms and suites with original features and a contemporary feel. Plus the on site restaurant for delicious dinners. And it's great value too!
For great value
- Situated in the hills just above Gardone Riviera, you won't find anything better value than B&B Big Sur. Its three rooms are simple yet stylish and prices start from as little as €80 B&B. And for adventurous types, there are both hang-gliding and paragliding opportunities on site.
- The Locanda Agli Angeli is a charming restaurant with nine romantic rooms - some with four-poster beds. The decor is simple, think whitewashed walls and exposed beams. And there’s a small pool. Rooms start from €80 per night.
- For the increasing number of us who want to go on holiday to get healthy, the Villa Paradiso should tick all the right boxes. It's a luxury option with beautiful rooms, gourmet (healthy) cuisine and all treatments and therapies included in the price.
For an apartment or villa
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a great selection of properties close to the lake.
- Fly to Verona Airport located 77km (47 miles) from Gardone Riviera with a selection of flights across Europe.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the beautiful lake-side, for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- Best time to visit - the summer months from June to September for warm weather, great for enjoying the lake and exploring the town.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Gardone Riviera,
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Garda,
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Gardone Riviera
Osteria Antico Brolo Gardone Riviera 4 rooms from £69Value chic - Seriously good value with standard rooms from only €70 per night B&BLocal exploring - A chic base for exploring Gardone Riviera and Lake GardaFoodies - Sample the delights of the on site gourmet restaurantFamilies - One of the suites can accommodate up to 4 people
Gorgeous restaurant with rooms in Gardone Riviera. Enter through a charming courtyard with arched stone gateways and traditional oak doors. Chic all-white bedrooms and suites with exposed beams complemented with period furnishings. Eat delicious dinners at the on site osteria. A perfect base! See More
Locanda Agli Angeli Gardone Riviera 9 rooms from £69Foodies - The family-run restaurant spills out onto the square where regional dishes are served up with alot of love and careTraditional - A charming traditional property perfect for an authentic and homely stayGreat walks - Get out into the countryside and explore the many walking trailsViews - Great views from hotel
B&B Big Sur Gardone Riviera 3 rooms from £74Less £ - With doubles from as little as €60 per night including breakfast, it is exceptional value for money.Active Holiday - The property is home to hang-gliding and para-gliding schoolsSights nearby - Visit Verona for the dayHideaway - Tranquil and intimate.
A charming bed and breakfast in the hills above Lake Garda. Three simple, stylish, homely bedrooms (one with shared bathroom). Great for families or groups of friends. Lots of outdoor activities nearby and just a short drive to the Lake. A great value hideaway off the beaten track. See More
Hotel Villa Rosenhof Gardone Riviera (Lake Garda) 2 rooms from £111Groups - With just two rooms this is a good option for small groups wanting to rent a hotel in its entiretyLocal exploring - Well located for exploring Gardone Riviera and the surrounding area.Romantic Break - A secluded base ideal for couples looking for a little privacyGreat walks - The Andre Heller Botanic Garden
This charming peach coloured lakeside villa has two comfortable suites with sitting area, country views and all the mod cons. Enjoy access to a swimming pool overlooking the lake with a large sun terrace and take buffet breakfast at the partner hotel 50 yards down the road. See More
Villa Vittoria Gardone Riviera (Lake Garda) 8 rooms from £138Local exploring - Situated right on Lake Garda with easy access to the art cities of Brescia, Verona, Mantua and VeniceTotal relaxation - Sunbathe on the jetty with a good book before diving into the lake for a cool-offRomantic Break - Elegant rooms and a beautiful lakeside setting add up to a romantic treatSailing - Sailing on Lake Garda
This graceful villa set in a garden of palm trees and neat lakeside lawns has modern, elegant accommodation. Eight large bedrooms, with chic white interiors, beamed ceilings, & wooden floors dotted with persian rugs. Spacious living areas and communal breakfast. A stylish stay and good for groups. See More
Bella Riva Gardone Riviera 23 rooms from £165Families - Baby cots are provided or extra beds for children plus babysitting services are available for parents in need of a break!Romantic Break - Pick a room with lake views enjoyed even from your bed, the ultimate romantic settingLakeside - Direct access on to Lake GardaViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Hotel Villa del Sogno Gardone Riviera 35 rooms from £170Romantic Break - A romantic fin de siecle property with gorgeous lake views, beautiful rooms and fine dining.Country Escape - A grand country escape set in centuries-old parklandViews - Wonderful views from its lakeside locationSwimming Pool - Outdoor salt water pool
An elegant five star villa surrounded by beautiful, manicured gardens on the edge of Lake Garda with outdoor swimming pool and tennis court on site. A choice of two restaurants - relaxed outdoor terrace or smart fine dining. Bedrooms are traditional and stylish with high ceilings and large windows. See More
Villa Fiordaliso 25083 Gardone Riviera 5 rooms from £174Sights nearby - Vittoriale degli italiani the architecturally fascinating hillside estate in the town is only a 15 minute walk away.Great walks - Plenty of scenic walking routes on the property grounds and surrounding countryside.Sailing - Rent a boat and head out on the lake, the perfect way to explore the shore.Views - Stunning views over Lake GardaRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Fodors
Grand Hotel Fasano Gardone Riviera 76 rooms from £208Total relaxation - A gorgeous former hunting lodge located in a secluded spot besides the lake, the perfect place to come and unwindRomantic Break - With pools to lounge by, elegant rooms and a romantic terrace restaurant, this is a great choice for loversLakeside - On the edge of Lake Garda.Romantic - You couldn't stay in a more fairytale setting on the lake's edge.
An historic grand hotel originally built for the imperial family. Its privileged lakeside position and romantic architecture make it the ideal spot for a honeymoon or romantic holiday. Fairytale turrets, terraces, private pebble beach, spa, tennis court and sumptuous rooms. Heavenly. See More
Dimora Bolsone Gardone Riviera 10 rooms from £217Romantic Break - Pools with a view, romantic al fresco dining and gorgeous suitesSights nearby - Next door to Vittoriale Degli Italiani, the last magnificent home of poet Gabriele DíAnnunzioGreat walks - Maps available. Walks suitable for all from gentle strolls to more adventurous hikes.Views - View over Lake GardaRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Villa Paradiso Gardone Riviera (Lake Garda) 35 rooms from £334Spa breaks - The spa here is serious business, book in for a week-long bespoke spa and detox programmeTotal relaxation - A discrete luxury property set right on the lake, the perfect place to come and unwindSights nearby - Spend a day in the beautiful city of VeronaSailing - Sail on Lake GardaRecommended by - Tablet
A relaxation and well-being destination of choice - Villa Paradiso offers 7 day bespoke clinical treatment programs. Warm and elegant bedrooms are designed in a contemporary style that complements the traditional Italian country house. A grand hallway entrance and chic fine dining. See More