Search the best hotels in Valencia
Famous for oranges, being the home of paella and some truly stunning modern architecture, Valencia is a fantastic place to head to if you want to get away for a couple of days. There's a dynamism here which re-energises. It's vibrant enough to be mildly chaotic, yet there's plenty of peace and beauty as well. Our selection of the best places to stay in Valencia are mainly situated in the heart of the town, close to all that it has to offer, though like most large cities there is a wide range of accommodation here from budget hostels and self catering apartments to beachfront hotels and luxury palace conversions.
Some of Valencia's energy is due to the massive construction projects undertaken here in the last ten years. Even if you don't have an aptitude for maths or science yourself, a visit to the City of Arts and Sciences will leave you with a very healthy respect for what man can create. This area is also where you can find many of the more modern museums.
As well as profiling the modern, Valencia also presents the historic in its best light. Valencia's old town has plenty of charm - this was once the capital of a kingdom after all! The old centre, the Barri del Carme, around the Cathedral, is where you can see the colourful mix of old and new. This is a great area to visit both day and night.
Though the locals tend to underplay it, Valencia is also right on the Med with miles of beach just a short trip from the centre of town.
Valencia is very much a city that mixes the old with the new and our selection of the best places to stay in Valencia reflect that combination.
The Best Places to Stay in Valencia
For a City Break
- If your tastes lead toward the luxurious, one of the best places to stay in Valencia is the Hospes Palau de la Mar, a restored palace in the heart of the stylish L'Eixample district.
- Also luxurious, but with a very modern design twist, the Caro Hotel is another sleek city break spot. Converted from a townhouse in the heart of the old town, Caro has an excellent Mediterranean restaurant and a lively roof terrace.
By the Sea
- Looking out over Las Arenas Beach, Hotel Balandret is a stylish modern hotel. With elegant rooms that offer lovely sea views, this hotel is perfectly designed for a relaxing weekend in Valencia.
For a rural escape
- El Jardin Vertical is perfect for those looking for somewhere quiet to retreat to after day trips to Valencia. The hotel is awash with rustic charm and features excellent rooms and a superb restaurant. Set amidst glorious green valleys, it's a rural idyll.
Prefer an apartment or villa?
- Browse the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- For international flyers, people want to head for Valencia Airport.
- For those interested in hiring a car, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- Valencia is sluggish with the heat by August, but beautiful and sunny in September and October. But the best time of year to visit is Spring - for the famous Fallas de San Jose, when the city really opens up.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in the Valencia Region,
- or check out our full list of recommendations for the Costa Blanca.
- Alternatively, email one of our gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Valencia
Hotel Balandret Valencia 21 rooms from €108Families - With a kids club and excellent multi-person suites, it's ideal for a family holiday to Valencia.Beach Life - A stunning beach-chic proerty standing right on the seafront of Las Arenas Beach.Great walks - Lovely walking in the nearby Jardí de Túria Gardens.Sights nearby - Visit the fabulous Covento de Santo Domingo.
Hotel Caro Valencia 26 rooms from €138Sights nearby - Five minutes walk from Basilica de la Virgen de los Desamparados, Barrio del Carmen and Valencia Cathedral.Great walks - Take a magnificent walk through the UNESCO World Heritage Site Old Town of Valencia.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Romantic - Good for couples.
Hospes Palau de la Mar Valencia 60 rooms from €162CityPalaceChicElegantRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Frommers, Michelin Travel