Search the best hotels in Valencia Region
About Valencia Region
Encompassing the Valencia, Alicante and Castellón provinces, the Valencia region is a land bordered by rugged hills to one side, and the warm waters of the Mediterranean Sea on the other. Whether you’re planning a city break in Valencia, or a memorable road trip along the towns and villages of the picturesque Costa Blanca, this is a fascinating part of Spain to discover. The region’s multi-layered history and rich culinary traditions are reflected in its characterful accommodation options, which range from intimate B&Bs to striking food-focused hotels. Whether you’re travelling as a couple or with family and friends, the best places to stay in Valencia await.
The city of Valencia is the third-largest in Spain, famed for its vibrant arts scene and marvellous array of galleries and museums. The Museum of Fine Arts, Valencia History Museum and innovative City of the Arts and Sciences are particular standouts. Guided city tours come highly recommended, as do visits to the covered Central Market, where you can fill your bags with top produce from across the region. Valencia has a brilliant buzz in the evenings, and you’ll find trendy bars and gourmet eateries aplenty.
Venture into the hills on hiking, cycling and horse riding excursions, or head south to discover a Mediterranean coastline studded with fishing villages and ancient towns, such as lovely Altea. The Costa Blanca’s whitewashed houses are very charming, though perhaps best explored in spring or autumn, when you can expect fewer crowds. Alicante itself, often stereotyped as a party hotspot, has a great foodie scene and a number of impressive heritage landmarks, too. Some of the best places to stay in the Valencia region are within the city itself.
The Best Places to Stay in the Valencia region
- Hotel Abaco is a lovely little B&B with inviting rooms fusing classic charm with modern comforts. Housed in a former 18th-century bakery in Altea, this boutique bolthole has stacks of character — further enhanced by the owner's own artwork, and the friendly feel of the communal areas.
- Hotel Palacete S. XVII is an adults-only base in Alicante. Interiors blend the building's original features with more contemporary touches in blue-grey and cream tones. The Mediterranean restaurant is excellent — as are the cocktails. Perfect for couples exploring the city.
- La Serena promises a grown-up getaway, with an adults only policy and plenty of sophisticated style. Chic rooms and suites are decorated in pale blue and cream tones, and the best have private sea-facing balconies. Step out on the terrace for generous breakfasts, or lounge by the pool after exploring Altea's old town on foot. A boutique B&B gem.
- Cuatre Finques is an idyllic rural escape with nine ensuite guest rooms in the Xalo Valley. Romantic and secluded, the hotel is also available for exclusive use by small groups of friends, or for intimate celebrations. White-on-white interiors are very chic, and you can expect mesmerising views from private balconies.
- Hotel Swiss Moraira is a 36 bedroom hotel on the edge of Moraira and five minutes from the coast. Known for its gourmet restaurant, the property also has sophisticated interiors with Asian-inspired decor and big sink-into tubs. Families are welcome in rooms with extra beds, but the suites and spa are ideal for a couples' escape.
For a Seaside Stay
- Hotel Balandret is a stylish, modern property overlooking popular Las Arenas beach on the edge of Valencia. Elegant rooms in white and light blue tones boast floor-to-ceiling windows framing ocean views. The terrace restaurant promises cold beer and mouth-watering paella. Brilliant for romantic couples as well as families hoping to hit the beach.
For Rural Charm
- La Madrugada is a lovely little hotel with just eight rooms and suites tucked within a bougainvillea-covered house near to Benissa. Pick this place for the friendly welcome, the refreshing pool and the bar's terrific gin & tonics. The tennis court is a great addition.
- Cases Noves has just six modern bedrooms. Admire marvellous mountain views as you hike or mountain bike in the area, before returning to the hotel for traditional homemade tapas with local wine. The roof terrace is a brilliant spot for putting your feet up.
- Finca E Tossal has the feel of a warm, Mediterranean villa, with large sun-drenched terraces and draped four-poster beds in airy guest rooms. An intimate rural retreat, it's perfect for romantics and keen foodies, who will appreciate the four-course menus. A restful escape from the real world.
- El Jardin Vertical is a charming rural hotel overlooking green valleys and red-tiled rooftops. Rooms and suites — some with space for families — have exposed stone walls and warm red and orange tones. Enjoy traditional fare on ivy-clad terraces after big days of adventure in the surrounding hills.
- La Escondida is a restored 17th-century manor house with beautifully decorated rooms and suites. Undoubtely one of the area's most magical hotels, this rural hideaway invites couples and friends to relax by the pool, gather for terrific tapas and meander through hundreds of acres of olive groves and farmland. Fabulous.
- Casa del Maco, a striking 18th-century finca near Benissa, has been lovingly restored to showcase its original architecture. Unwind in one of four rooms after a gastronomic feast at the acclaimed onsite restaurant. The cuisine is French and Belgian inspired, fused with Mediterranean flavours to create innovative dishes, expertly paired with wines chosen by the hotel sommelier.
- Hospes Amérigo is a slick city hotel in Alicante, complete with smart white-on-white interiors and a rooftop swimming pool just 300 metres from the beach. The Michelin-recommended Monastrell Restaurant focuses on fresh seafood and has its own market garden. Expect an ever-changing menu of seasonal delights.
For Cutting-Edge Cool
- Hospes Palau de la Mar, in the heart of Valencia's hip L'Eixample district, offers chic, minimalist interiors set behind the imposing façade of a former palace. A luxurious five-star stay complete with gourmet fare and a superb spa.
- Caro Hotel is a fabulous fusion of old and new. Set within a 19th-century residence in Valencia's old town, the hotel has been transformed by Francesc Rifé into a cool, contemporary space offering an indulgent experience. Sip cocktails on the lively rooftop terrace and savour Mediterranean cuisine in style.
- Vivood Hotel offers a collection of futuristic pods built into the hillside near outside Benimantell. Understated interiors are decorated in netural tones, putting the natural landscape — framed by floor-to-ceiling windows — centre stage. With an infinity pool, hot tub and swish restaurant, this is an adults-only dream.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Valencia Airport or to Alicante–Elche Miguel Hernández Airport and travel onwards to your destination by bus, train or taxi. You'll also find high-speed trains from Spanish cities — such as Barcelona — to Valencia and other hubs.
- The Valencia region is wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Summers across southern Spain can be very hot, with temperatures averaging at over 30°C in July and August, so we'd suggest travelling in the spring or autumn months for cooler climes and fewer crowds. Valencia's annual Fallas de San José, held each March, is the busiest time of year in the city.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Valencia.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in neighbouring Catalonia.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Valencia Region
Best Hotels in Valencia Region
Hotel Palacete S. XVII Alicante 17 rooms from £82Local exploring - Located in the heart of the city of Alicante with many of its attractions within walking distance.Great walks - Take an evening wander down the beautiful La Explanada de Espana.Sights nearby - Visit the magnificent Santa Barbara Castle.Restrictions on children - Adult only
A chic boutique property in the heart of Alicante, just a short stroll from the beach. Spacious rooms are individually designed and mix contemporary and modern styles to great effect. A fabulous restaurant serves up exemplary Mediterranean fare and there's a sunny terrace to enjoy a cocktail on too. See More
Cases Noves Alicante, Valencia Region 6 rooms from £82Back to Nature - With many opportunities to explore the countryside by hiking and cycling, this is a great spot for those seeking a simple breakSights nearby - Attractions such as the Algar waterfalls, the Castle of San Jose and Polop de la Marina (a picturesque villa) are all nearbyViews - The hotel offers unique, panoramic views of the Mediterranian Sea and the Guadalest ValleySea Views - Benidorm and the Mediterranian Sea are a short 20 minute drive away
Six uniquely designed, modern en suite rooms with excellent views and a countryside twist. By day, explore the area on foot or by bike. At night, enjoy warm stone fires, eat traditional tapas, homemade and locally sourced, or relax on the roof terrace for a panoramic view of the Mediterranean Sea. See More
La Madrugada Benissa 8 rooms from £82Views - Great views from hotelLocal markets - Jalon market every Saturday.Sights nearby - Guadalest mountain village.Tennis - Astro turf court on siteRecommended by - Sawdays
Casa del Maco Benissa 5 rooms from £82Garden - Stunning gardens overlook vineyards, almond orchards and olive groves.Views - Fantastic views down to the coastRestaurant - Serving Mediterranean and French cuisineSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Sawdays
A rustic elegant hotel in a stunning valley setting with views over olive groves, almond orchards and vineyards. Charming rooms have wooden beams and chintzy furnishings. Fantastic food served by arrangement. Swimming pool, luscious gardens, and plenty to do in the hills and on the coast. See More
Cuatre Finques Benissa (Valencia Region) 6 rooms from £86Country Escape - A perfect getaway, located in a small Spanish wine making town, ideal for a break from city life.Local exploring - There are several Spanish towns within easy reach, many with interesting shops and boutiques.Great walks - Maps are provided outlining the lovely walks in the area, as well as a guide to the flora and fauna.Restaurant - 3 meals per week for dinner and daily lunch everyday is availableRecommended by - I Escape
A sweet six bedroom home in the Xalo valley, offering elegant white on white interiors and rooms with private balconies and spectacular views. The hosts are very warm and helpful and prepare a wonderful set menu for meals. Guests may wine, dine, cycle or hike in the area. Chic and comfortable. See More
Hotel Balandret Valencia 21 rooms from £94Families - With a kids club and excellent multi-person suites, it's ideal for a family holiday to Valencia.Beach Life - A stunning beach-chic proerty standing right on the seafront of Las Arenas Beach.Great walks - Lovely walking in the nearby Jardí de Túria Gardens.Sights nearby - Visit the fabulous Covento de Santo Domingo.
El Jardin Vertical Castelló, Valencia Region 8 rooms from £100Views - Wonderful views over rooftops and valleys.Outstanding location - A charming hilltop village of flowers and red tiled roofs.Sights nearby - Church of Santo Tomas and Teatre Municipal de Benicassim.Restaurant - Fantastic traditional cuisine.Recommended by - Sawdays
A completely charming little hotel set in a hilltop village overlooking green valleys and red tiled roof tops. Selection of rooms, suites and family suites, all traditional but chic with DVD players. Excellent traditional restaurant and good wine list, ivy-clad terraces, and stunning views. See More
Finca el Tossal Valencia, Valencia Region 5 rooms from £103Back to Nature - Sat amongst sweeping hills and vineyards that slope seaward.Beach Life - Located five miles from the charming seaside town of Altea.Romantic BreakSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Half Latin country villa, half tropical paradise, offering breathtaking views of the Mediterranean and mountains from stylishly furnished rooms baring everything from old-time furniture and understated rustic decor to TVs and safes. There is a pool and a restaurant offering four-course menus too. See More
Hotel Caro Valencia 26 rooms from £120Sights nearby - Five minutes walk from Basilica de la Virgen de los Desamparados, Barrio del Carmen and Valencia Cathedral.Great walks - Take a magnificent walk through the UNESCO World Heritage Site Old Town of Valencia.Restaurant - Recommended.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Hospes Amérigo Alicante 55 rooms from £107Spa breaks - Rooftop Bodyna Spa uses products from Cinq Mondes and includes pool, treatment cabins, fitness area, sauna and solarium terraceFoodies - Gourmet cuisine at el Monastrell Restaurant.City StyleCityRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
La Escondida, Valencia Region Penáguila, Valencia Region 12 rooms from £121Total relaxation - Come here for a complete break - there are plenty of activities on site, or you can simply chill by the pool with a good book.Great walks - There is a wide array of wonderful walking and hiking routes close by, suitable for all abilities.Restaurant - Delicious international cuisine overseen by a Michelin-star trained head chef.Views - Panoramic view over the surrounding countrysideRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Restored 17th Century manor in the hills above the Costa Blanca with amazing views. Bedrooms are rustic chic with exposed wooden beams, wooden floors and luxury mod cons. Elegant outdoor seating area and relaxing sitting room. Indoor & outdoor pools, spa & tennis court. A grown up Spanish hideaway. See More
Vivood Valencia Region 24 rooms from £130Country Escape - At the tranquil and rural Vivood you'll feel a million miles away from all your worriesTotal relaxation - Peaceful surroundings, massages available and no kids-what more could you ask for?Writing a novel - Sit out on the balcony and let the gorgeous views inspire your creativity!Sights nearby - Head over to Algar Waterfalls or Terra Natura to explore the beautiful scenery
The architectural Vivood Hotel offers stand-alone accommodation built into the hills outside Benimantell. Their rooms are contemporary and chic with floor-to-ceiling windows offering fantastic views of the area. Get away from it all and feel utterly rejuvenated at this adult-only property! See More
Hotel Swiss Moraira Benissa 36 rooms from £130Beach Life - Just five minutes from a lovely sandy beach, and the on site restaurant serves excellent seafood.Total relaxation - A glorious spa, tranquil surrounds and complete privacy. The perfect place to unwind.Sights nearby - Explore Altea's Old Town cobblestone streets and enjoy its pretty coastal views.Great walks - Wander along the picturesque Altea's Harbour.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
A colonial style property just five minutes from stunning beaches. Luxurious rooms feature intricately carved wooden furniture, romantic dark hues and asian artwork. A glorious spa will aide complete relaxation. Find Mediterranean gastronomy at its finest in the restaurant. Pure bliss. See More
Hotel Abaco Altea (Alicante) 5 rooms from £139Honeymoons - For an extra cost, the hotel can organise romantic baths in rose petals with champagne and chocolate fondu.Total relaxation - Take advantage of the in-house relaxation room or private cooks on offer to truly unwind.Beach LifeSailing - Boat tours can be arranged through the hotel.
Charming hotel in the heart of Altea's commercial centre. A former 18th century bakery, its rooms are both minimalist and traditional in design, with the founder's own artwork hanging on the walls. The in-house restaurant, El Olivo, serves breakfast and there is an on-site spa. Great for couples. See More
Hospes Palau de la Mar Valencia 60 rooms from £141ElegantOutstanding locationCity StyleChicRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Frommers, Michelin Travel
La Serena Altea 12 rooms from £143Romantic Break - With just twelve gorgeous bedrooms and no children in sight, this is ideal for a holiday a deux!Views - Stunning views over the rooftops to the seaSpa - Small wellness area with sauna, hammam, ice fountain, hot tub and various showersSights nearby - Located in the heart of Altea's old townRecommended by - Sawdays