Search the best hotels in Boise
Boise is Idaho's state capital and besides its many draws, it is an often overlooked destination. It's one of those cities that benefits both from a trendy urban scene as well as a huge number of outdoor pursuits, and the best places to stay in Boise are well-positioned to make the most of all the city and its surrounds have to offer.
Boasting a growing number of wine bars, breweries and gourmet restaurants, foodies will feel right at home here. Meanwhile, for the active, cycling along the Boise River Greenbelt, skiing in nearby Bogus Basin or hiking straight from the city into the forested hills is the real draw.
Boise has a number of interesting historical sights for culture enthusiasts. The Old Idaho Penitentiary State Historic Site is, as the name suggests, the state's old prison. It opened in 1872 and once housed some of the West's most infamous criminals. In addition the State Capitol building is worth visiting for its iconic architecture and St John's Cathedral for its glorious stained glass windows.
The city also has a wide range of entertainment from the Egyptian Theatre which plays mostly classic movies to Idaho Botanical Gardens which are a lovely place for a stroll. Boise is a city which has something for everyone and is surprisingly reasonably priced for a state capital, which makes this an ideal family holiday destination.
What not to miss:
- Dive into the culinary scene and sample the best Boise has to offer before washing it down in one of the trendy wine bars.
- Cycle along the tree lined path of the scenic Boise River Greenbelt.
- Hike up into the surrounding forested hills.
- Go skiing in nearby Bogus Basin for the day.
- Explore the fascinating Old Idaho Penitary State Historic Site and learn of Idaho's most infamous criminals.
- Admire the beautiful stained windows at St John's Cathedral.
- Stop by State Capitol and revel in the grand iconic architecture.
- Watch a classic film in the plush Egyptian Theatre.
A thriving state capital and a perfect destination for anyone who wants the best of both worlds, city and countryside. Browse through our collection of the best places to stay in Boise to start planning your trip.
The best places to stay in Boise
- The Modern is a chic converted motel located in the up-and-coming Linen District. Smart retro styled rooms feature luxury bathrooms, plush bed heads, pop colours and clean design. Sip on a martini at the stylish bar and feast on contemporary European fare in the restaurant.
- Boise Guesthouse is a collection of self-catering suites in the trendy Downtown and North End districts. Think, Scandi-chic style, local artworks and your own bicycle for city exploring awaiting at the door.
- Inn at 500 Capitol is set right in the heart of the city making this a convenient option for city exploring. Rooms are perfectly indulgent with spa-like bathrooms, Italian sheets and chic contemporary style.
- Boise Hillside Suites comprises of just three adults only, unique suites set within a pine-clad inn. The design is traditional and cosy and accommodation offers luxuries such as fireplaces and hot tubs. Ideal for a romantic weekend away.
For a holiday home or apartment
- If you’d prefer a self catering option then we recommend you visit our online partner, Booking.com.
- Fy to Boise Airport (BOI) located just 4 miles outside the city. The Number 3 Valley Ride bus takes visitors into the city for just $1. Boise is also serviced by the Greyhound and Northwestern Trailways routes for cost efficient travel.
- Boise is a year-round destination. For those wanting to ski then December-March are the best months. Otherwise the summer months, June-August, have warm dry weather (average highs around 24 degrees celsius).
- If you would like the freedom of your own car we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure where to book?
- Expand your search to include all our recommendations in Idaho.
- Browse through our collections across the whole of the USA for inspriation.
- Or contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Boise
Best Hotels in Boise
Boise Hillside Suites Boise (ID) 3 rooms from €116Romantic Break - An adult only environment with just three private suites this is the perfect base for a quiet get away with your loved oneLocal exploring - Located in the North End of Boise this property is situated near all the action but in a quiet settingGreat walks - Take long walks along the trails runnning through the nearby hillside to Hollow ReserveRestrictions on children - Adult only
A charming pine-clad inn offering three spacious suites in a quiet district of Boise. Suites all come with their own perks, some have fireplaces, some a hot tub and one has a kitchen. However, the style throughout is traditional and cosy. A grown-up property (adults only) ideal for a break for two. See More
Franklin House Boise 4 rooms from €118Bar - The Backyard Beer garden features 14 hammock swings, firepit and hosts occasional movie nights / sports viewingsLocal exploring - It's a 10 min walk to downtown Boise and Hyde Park, as well as local bars, restaurants and storesExclusive use - Ideal for full-house rentals with homely living, dining and kitchen areasSights nearby - While in town visit Idaho State Capitol and Zoo Boise
Historic 'ice house' transformed into a community-focused & locally-owned guest house with six rooms (two with spa baths), a modern kitchen and a spacious living & dining area. The large terrace has been transformed into popular beer garden which occasionally hosts events. Urban cool. See More
The Modern, Boise Boise 39 rooms from €138Back to Nature - Easy access to a number of national parks.City Style - Housing one of the most chic bars in town.Lively - Hip and happening.Restaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - Tablet
A chic converted motel located in the up-and-coming Linen District. Smart retro styled rooms feature luxury bathrooms, plush bed heads, pop colours and clean design. Sip on a martini at the stylish bar and feast on contemporary European fare in the restaurant. A fabulous city base. See More
Boise Guest House Boise 6 rooms from €161Local exploring - Located in the thick of historic Boise, the suites are ideal for exploring the citySights nearby - Wander down to State Capitol and admire the elegant architectureBoutique
A collection of suites located in the trendy Downtown and North End districts. Each suite has been meticulously designed offering scandi-chic style, fully equipped kitchens and luxury bathrooms. Bikes are waiting at your door to use and local artwork adorns the walls. A perfect home-away-from home. See More
The Grove Hotel Boise (Downtown) 202 rooms from €162Business meetings - Connected to 5,400-seat Idaho Arena and offering 14,000 sq ft of meeting space, catering & ballrooms the hotel excels in eventsCity Style - The luxury hotel of choice in central Boise which ticks every box; gorgeous rooms, delicious dining, spa, fitness & city viewsLocal exploring - The prime downtown location in the 'city of trees' means that shops, museums, nightlife, restaurants, parks & sites are nearbySpa - The impressive full-scale spa offers beauty treatments, massages, Jacuzzi, steam, sauna, fitness and personal trainers
Recently renovated, this luxury downtown hotel has a lot to offer; spoiling spa with indoor pool and hot tub, contemporary dining, sexy fireside bars, extensive meeting and event space, city views and a perfect location. Classic in layout but fresh in feel with stylish decor and trendy amenities. See More
Hotel 43 Boise (Downtown) 112 rooms from €171Local exploring - Whether in town for business or leisure the location is perfect; walk to restaurants, shops, galleries, sites and attractionsRestaurant - Award-winning Chandler's Steakhouse offers regional classics and live jazz every evening. The Metro Cafe is great for breakfastLocal markets - Head to Capital City Public Market for fresh local produce while engaging with farmers, artisans and food-suppliersSights nearby - Idaho State Capital is the city's most famous building and can be viewed from the hotel; it's a short walk away
Well-located city hotel offering spacious rooms, brilliant amenities and fab on-site dining; everything has been thought of for a super comfortable stay. Although classic in design, rooms feel fresh and contemporary with cosy touches and downtown views. Large suites work perfectly for long stays. See More
Inn at 500 Capitol Boise (ID) 111 rooms from €206Local exploring - This luxury property is located in the heart of the city, ideal for exploring the sights on footCity Style - With a Mercedes-Benz shuttle service and a butler's pantry this is an exclusive stayDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Restaurant - Recommended.
A luxury hotel set slap-bang in the heart of Boise. Rooms and suites are designed for indulgence with spa-like bathrooms, Italian sheets and chic contemporary style. Panoramic windows supply superb city views. Dotted with regional art this is a stylish base with a distinctly local feel. See More