Search the best hotels in Audierne
Audierne is charming North-West French harbour town situated on the mouth of the Goyen River. Whilst the fishing industry from the harbour has declined, the town still bustles with activity with the harbour now predominantly playing host to yachts and fishermen for the local delicacy, Oysters. Our pick of the best places to stay in Audierne are sat right next to the water and afford visitors superb views across the bay.
The historic waterfront is gorgeous with vibrant buildings housing everything from quaint cafes to busy restaurants all set in front of the lovely bay. A short stroll from through narrow winding streets will yield explorers an array of shops and bars. Alternatively, a slightly longer walk will take you to a vast golden beach ideal for relaxing or paddling in the azure waters.
What Not To Miss
- Take a stroll along the colourful waterfront with no shortage of places to enjoy a meal, or even a drink and a spot of people-watching.
- Kick back and relax on the spacious golden beach with activities for all, from watersports and beach volleyball to simply sunbathing or enjoying with view!
- To experience local wildlife up close, visit L'Aquashow where the aquarium houses numerous species of fish. Visitors may enjoy the experience of handling starfish, whilst the bird show including eagles is not to be missed. A great day out for all the family.
- Or for something a bit different take a yacht trip from Audierne with a knowledgeable local skipper allowing you to take in the local area from a different perspective.
Our Gurus pick of the best places to stay in Audinerne allow visitors to explore this quaint town and unwind completely. But just remember to book ahead if you're planning to visit in peak summer months.
The best places to stay in Audierne
For the views
- Le Goyen has superb views overlooking the bay, along with fantastic cuisine making it ideal for a relaxing retreat. The location is perfect for exploring the local town as well with an array of restaurants and bars right on the doorstep.
For an apartment or holiday cottage
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a wide range of properties ideal for a seaside break.
- Fly to Quimper–Cornouaille Airport located 20 miles (33km) from Audierne with flights across France along with links to the UK.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the charming coastline, visit our partner Rentalcars.
- Best time to visit - the summer months from June to September for warm weather, ideal for making the most of the seaside.
Still Not Sure?
- Browse through our selection of the best places to stay in Audierne.
- Expand your search to include our recommendations in Quimper or Concarneau
- Or contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Audierne
Le Goyen 27 rooms from £82Audierne
Le Goyen is a pleasant seaside hotel in the Breton town of Audierne. With an enviable location overlooking the Baie d’Audierne, the hotel's rooms are contemporary and comfortable with some affording great views out over the bay. Perfectly position for exploring the charming coast of Brittany.Romantic Break - A charming and romantic spot just five minutes from the beach, offering panoramic views of the bay and fantastic French cuisine.Sailing - Make the most of the sailing opportunities offered from the Baie d’Audierne, the perfect way to explore the coast.Great walks - There are many beautiful walking trails nearby at the Cap de la Chevre.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.