Search the best hotels in Quimper
A delightful city in western Brittany, Quimper takes its name from the Breton word for ‘confluence’. Poised at the meeting place between the Steir and the Odet Rivers, the city boasts an intriguing array of distinctive architecture, with half-timbered houses lining winding cobbled streets and an impressive Gothic cathedral dominating the historic skyline. Accommodation options include heritage townhouses and rural manors, perfect for both city breaks and country retreats. With space for couples, friends or families travelling together, the best places to stay in Quimper offer visitors a welcoming base from which to explore.
Stroll around the quaint Old Town to admire heritage buildings, step into the unusual Cathedral of Saint-Corentin, or pick a perch in the Place au Beurre for a coffee and some people-watching in the sunshine. Art lovers will adore the Musée des Beaux-Arts and the Musée de la Faïence, whilst nature enthusiasts can amble around the Jardin de la Retraite, the Jardin du Prieuré de Locmaria or walk along the Odet River. There are also opportunities for cycle rides, boat trips, fishing and kayaking, too.
The annual Cornouaille Festival celebrates Breton culture with wonderful parades and events each July. Book your trip well in advance if travelling at this time, as the best places to stay in Quimper will fill up fast!
The Best Places to Stay in Quimper
For a City Stay
- Hotel Gradlon is an elegant townhouse hotel in the heart of Quimper. Pretty rooms features floral wallpaper and big cosy beds, there's a lovely sitting room with a fireplace, and breakfasts are served on the terrace. A welcoming city stay for couples, friends or families.
- Hotel Ginkgo sits close to the Jardin du Prieuré de Locmaria, in the south-western part of the city. Although the building itself is historic, rooms and suites are chic and modern, with minimalist furnishings and bright art pieces. Generous breakfasts and soothing spa facilities complete the experience.
For a Rural Escape
- Le Manoir des Indes is an imposing 18th-century château with indulgent interiors. Expect attractive rooms and suites, a hip tapas bar and expansive events spaces, perfect for large parties and weddings. The swimming pool and manicured gardens futher encourage relaxation — yet Quimper is just a short drive away. Great for couples or as an events venue.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Brest Bretagne Airport, 50 minutes' drive from Quimper, or take the train from various hubs across north-western France.
- Brittany is brilliant for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel during the spring or summer for the best weather, with temperatures peaking at around 20°C in July and August — though this is the busiest time of year. For a quieter trip, consider visiting in May or September, although the weather will be cooler.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Vannes.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Brittany.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Quimper
Best Hotels in Quimper
Hotel Gradlon Quimper 19 rooms from £57Sights nearby - Walking distance from all of Quimper's attractionsLocal markets - Good for local colour.Great walks - Good for walkers.
Hotel Ginkgo 29000 Quimper 20 rooms from £94Local exploring - Situated in the heart of historic Quimper, well-placed to visit cultural sights, bars and restaurantsSights nearby - St Corentin Cathedral, Quimper Cathedral and Jardin de la Retraite by the eastern ramparts of the city are a mustGreat walks - Locmaria Botanical Gardens are just around the corner from the hotel and feature some very pretty walksLively area - In the thick of the action.
A smart hotel in a historic Quimper building with quaint gardens surrounded by moss-covered walls. Interiors are hip with bright artwork, and chic rooms are modern and practical. There are relaxing spa facilities for guests and a generous breakfast is available. A lovely and convenient base. See More
Manoir des Indes 29000 Quimper 13 rooms from £112Country Escape - Historic house surrounded by lovely parkland, an ideal country idyll away from the hustle and bustle of everyday lifeGreat walks - Around the hotel's parklands there are some lovely trails or in Quimper climb the pretty Mont FrugySights nearby - Quimper Cathedral and Jardin de la Retraite by the eastern ramparts of the city are a mustSwimming Pool - Indoor swimming pool
Country hotel in lush gardens very close to Quimper. Interiors are elegant and in keeping with the grand building, featuring antiques and rich furnishings. The superb restaurant has a menu boasting seasonal, locally sourced ingredients while the indulgent spa and gorgeous indoor pool seals the deal! See More