Search the best hotels in Seillans
On the edge of Provence and the Côte d'Azur region, Seillans is a particularly pretty French town. Popular with culture buffs as well as keen foodies eager to savour the area’s famous food and wine, it’s a wonderfully relaxing choice for a holiday with family or friends. Chosen for their location, design and amenities, our list of the best places to stay in Seillans is the perfect starting point for a trip to remember!
Set on a steep incline, the pedestrianised streets of Seillans’ centre are perfect for sunlit ambles between small squares, art galleries and shaded cafés along winding lanes lined with pastel-painted houses clad in flowering vines. Highlights include a medieval castle, the lovely Eglise Saint Léger and the 12th-century Porte Sarrasine, part of the town's original stone ramparts. The Musée Ernst on Place du Thouron, dedicated to surrealist artist Max Ernst, who lived here in the 1970s, is fantastic. Zip across to Fayence or Grasse for more excellent museums and markets, or enjoy tours and tastings at the area’s world-class vineyards.
Time your trip to experience the annual pottery market, or the Féstival Musique en Liberté in August, where classical, choral and jazz musicians from across the globe gather to perform in the church, town hall and various open-air venues. This is a busy time in town — book well in advance for a room at one of the best places to stay in Seillans.
The Best Places to Stay in Seillans
For Classic Charm
- Hôtel des Deux Rocs offers traditional rooms with patterned drapes, striped wallpapers and free-standing tubs in a whitewashed building with pretty blue shutters near the medieval town centre. The acclaimed restaurant specialises in delicious Provençal cuisine using produce from local farmers, hunters & fishermen. A charming choice for couples or families.
FOR A HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Nice-Côte d'Azur Airport, one hour's drive from Seillans. Regular buses are also a great way to travel.
- Provence & the Côte d'Azur are famously wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel during the spring or summer for the warmest climate, with temperatures peaking around 28°C from June to August — although this is also the busiest time of year. May or September are ideal for quieter trips.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Fayence.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Provence.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Seillans
Best Hotels in Seillans
Hotel des Deux Rocs Seillans 14 rooms from £65Foodies - The highly acclaimed restaurant serves Provençal cuisine using produce from carefully chosen local farmers, hunters & fishermenValue chic - With rooms starting at well below the 100 Euro mark, this is a well-priced option with standout food and elegant designActive Holiday - Whether you like to hike, cycle, climb, fish or sail — there is plenty to keep active with in the surrounding areaFamilies - The mezzanine style family suite is a spacious and affordable option for families