Conca dei Marini
Search the best hotels in Conca dei Marini
About Conca dei Marini
Conca Dei Marini hugs a rocky little inlet, like a charming, lemon-scented secret between Praiano and Amalfi, a picturesque former fishing village with buildings perched at impossible looking angles against the terraced cliff face. That Conca Dei Marini is so tiny and precariously positioned limits the amount of accommodation found in town, but there’s a small but charming collection of converted villas and townhouses, converted farmhouses and agriturismo in the hinterland, and up on the cliffs are some more spectacular conversions — these last are the options our experts have placed on our list of the best places to stay in Conca Dei Marini.
Conca Dei Marini is an excellent base for exploring the whole of the Amalfi Coast (it’s centrally positioned), while also being a quieter spot to come home to. Its fans have included jet-setting style icons in abundance, but we also think the town is suited to sailors, walkers and foodies, and to romantics of course! Whichever of these categories you see yourself in it’s worth trying the local cuisine, it’s really something, and enjoying the local beaches too, which are much quieter than those of neighbouring centres. It is also one of the closest towns to the Grotto della Smeraldo, one of the world’s most famous marine caves. Named for the colour the filtered sunlight is turned as it pours in through a submarine fissure.
If you're planning to visit the area during the peak summer months, don't forget that the best places to stay in Conca dei Marini will be filled very quickly. So do your homework, get organsied and book well ahead!
The Best Places to Stay in Conca Dei Marini
For Sea Views
- Borgo Santandrea offers the complete Amalfi Coast dream package: a cliff-edge location, complete with a terraced garden and infinity pool, a small arc of private beach, perfectly cool blue and white decor, and views that will live with you forevermore. There are 45 rooms and suites, in a range of shapes and sizes, decorated with simple, contemporary furniture that more than nods to Danish mid-century shapes. Despite the modest size, Borgo Santandera has three restaurants, all serving authentic, regional cuisine. There’s also a chic bar and library. Children over eight are welcome, but the atmosphere is stylishly adult.
- Former convent turned luxurious hotel, the Monastero Santa Rosa Hotel & Spa has views nothing short of celestial from its clifftop location. Each of the hotel’s 20 rooms and suites has an incredible view too, overlooking the terraced gardens and infinity pool, where there are lots of places to relax and appreciate life. The spa is just as refreshing as you could wish, with a tepidarium, hammam. a whirlpool bath, and massages and beauty treatments using the exclusive Santa Maria Novella lotions and potions. Simple poolside lunches are served, but there’s also a gourmet restaurant and terrace bar. Seriously spoiling.
For Great Value
- The Belvedere may look plain from its roadside location but once inside you step into a different world. With peerless views over the Amalfi coast, steps leading to a private beach, bedrooms styled with old fashioned Italian charm, and a dining terrace made for lingering, sunset meals, you’ll find yourself very quickly seduced. Family-owned and with a pool too. The perfect base for exploring the region, or doing very little at all.
For a Private apartment or villa
- If you think a self-catering option would best suit your needs then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Conca Dei Marini’s closest international airport is Naples Airport, which is about an hour's drive, or just under two hours by public transport. Rome’s Leonardo da Vinci Airport might be convenient for connections, but it’s about three hour's drive, or four hours away by train.
- If you plan to hire a car, which we would advise if you want to get out and explore further afield, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- As wth the rest of the Amalfi Coast, the most popular time to visit Conca Dei Marini is during the summer, it’s hot and sunny, but busy with it. Daily maximum temperatures in July and August average at 30° C, so if you’re not so good in the heat you might want to opt for May, June or September, which are still bustling periods, with lots of sunshine.
Still not sure where to stay?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on the Amalfi Coast
- Or you could expand your search to consider some of the Amalfi Coast’s other ocean-side gems like Amalfi, Praiano or Positano
- You might want to refine your search by the kind of accommodation you’re looking for, and consider the best beach hotels on the Amalfi Coast, the best hotel views on the Amalfi Coast or the best luxury hotels on the Amalfi Coast
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Conca dei Marini
Best Hotels in Conca dei Marini
The Belvedere Conca dei Marini 30 rooms from £217Views - Spectacular views out to see and down the Amalfi coast.Coastal - Set on a cliff top.Total relaxationSwimming Pool - Seawater Pool
Outwardly unassuming, this cliff top hotel will surprise with its magnificent views over the Amalfi coast, secluded private beach down steep steps, and old fashioned charm. A holiday destination for serious lazing in the sun in spectacular surroundings. See More
Borgo Santandrea Conca dei Marini 45 rooms from £458Romantic Break - Gorgeous suites with fabulous sea views (from the bed), romantic restuarants, and a grown-up vibeSights nearby - Take a stroll around the postcard pretty Positano town and admire the architectureRestaurant - Authentic regional cuisine is served in the hotel's three restaurantsRestrictions on children - Children above the age of 8 are welcomed but the feel is more adultRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Luxurious hotel boasting a spectacular position on the Amalfi Coast. Elegant rooms and suites feature simple contemporary furniture, geometric tiles, and fabulous sea views. Enjoy the three restaurants serving authentic regional dishes and a stunning infinity pool. A romantic hideaway. See More
Monastero Santa Rosa Hotel & Spa Conca dei Marini 20 rooms from £477ElegantViews - Great views from hotelLuxurySpa breaks
A monastery renovated with romance and elegance. Its celestial views from its perch on a cliff top are to die for. The hotel captures the essence of la dolce vita with its location, understated but immaculate style, and its incredible spa facilities. A romantic destination. See More