Search the best hotels in Grenada
Small and famously green, Grenada has long been nicknamed ‘the Spice Isle’ — and with good reason. In addition to aromatic spices, you’ll find an abundance of fruit and flowers growing on leafy hills, all fringed with miles of beautiful beaches. Popular with honeymooners and families on holiday, Grenada offers an extensive range of accommodation, including everything from simple guesthouses to top-notch luxury resorts. Many of the best places to stay in Grenada are clustered around the island’s southwestern corner, close to the pretty capital of St. George’s and the airport.
Set around horseshoe-shaped Carenage Harbour, St. George’s is a wonderfully vibrant community, with appealing heritage architecture, and a plethora of bars, boutiques and restaurants. The narrow streets which wind their way up the surrounding hillsides — once a volcanic crater — are home to some lovely little hotels, too. Venture further up to explore historic forts with spectacular sea views. The oldest, Fort George, was built by the French in 1705, and there are fascinating defensive tunnels to discover nearby.
Make your way along the coast for striking beaches, bays and coves, with some exceptional diving, snorkelling, sailing and swimming. Grand Anse Beach is one of the best-known, but nearby Morne Rouge Bay and Lance aux Epines — to the south — are also particularly lovely.
Hire a car to tour the island, stopping to see historic monuments, to hike through the jungle to waterfalls teeming with wildlife, or to visit expansive organic farms. The northern part of Grenada is less developed, and great for adventurers. Stop in at colourful Sauteurs, a little town with an impressive church and a long stretch of picturesque beach. The islands of Carriacou and Petite Martinique make for charming day trip destinations, too, with a real sense of remote escapism.
This is a magical island for foodies, outdoorsy adventurers and beach lovers. Some of the best places to stay in Grenada are brilliantly secluded — book a room at one of these to forget that the rest of the world exists.
The Best Places to Stay in Grenada
For a Remote Hideaway
- Mount Edgecombe Plantation dates back to at least 1763. This boutique hideaway now sleeps up to 16 people in the historic plantation house and original spice storage rooms. There are 40 types of spices, fruit and vegetables grown on the surrounding 28 acres: a nature-lover's dream. Unwind by the pool, feast on dishes crafted from local produce, and explore the island at your own pace. Brilliant for events.
- 473 Grenada Boutique Resort has nine indulgent, retro-styled villas on two acres of grounds. Pick this place for the secluded feel, as well as direct access to two sandy beaches on a picturesque peninsula. Well-suited to romantic couples or groups of families and friends — depending on your choice of villa — the property has a 70ft infinity pool, multiple watersports and a fine dining restaurant. A seaside escape.
For Keen Sailors
- Secret Harbour is a cool, contemporary boutique hotel with a world-class marina. The property's 20 cottages have space for families of four, and luxurious interiors feature muted tones and lots of marble. The restaurant and cocktail bar are excellent, but the biggest draw is the sheltered marina on Mount Hartman Bay. Take sailing lessons, play tennis with the kids or try paddle boarding as a family. For sailors or active travellers.
- Silversands is a swish, sophisticated resort with an impressive attention to detail and design. The 43 minimalist rooms and suites are dazzling, the 100m infinity pool is the longest in the Caribbean, and the spa is sublime. Expect exquisite cuisine, a lively beach club and nightcaps at the cigar and rum lounge. For design-loving couples on Grand Anse Beach.
- Calabash Hotel is an award-winning Relais & Châteaux property, with 30 chic suites promising every luxury a guest might hope for. Think private pools, breakfasts on your sea-facing balcony, sailing adventures, a holistic spa and an acclaimed gourmet restaurant by Gary Rhodes. A glorious couples' choice.
- Laluna offers a tranquil, romantic experience, with just 16 cottages and villas on Portici Bay. The larger villas are great for groups, but we'd pick this place as a honeymoon escape, with its rustic charm and strong wellness focus. Come to enjoy rejuvenating treatments and to savour Italian cuisine with a Caribbean twist.
- True Blue Bay Resort prides itself on being eco-friendly, and has a wonderfully relaxed feel. Suites and two-bedroom villas — with private balconies and kitchenettes — are ideal for families, and there are children's play areas, stacks of watersports and a colourful pool area with a slide. Grown-ups can unwind at the spa, take a yoga class or sip cocktails. A fun family pick.
- Mount Cinnamon has 37 suites and villas tucked up on the hillside above Grand Anse Beach. Larger villas are ideal for families, with bold colour schemes and well-equipped kitchens. Activities include snorkelling, sailing, kayaking, volleyball, tennis, table tennis and more. There's also a Montessori kids club. Perfect for young families or those with teenagers. There's a lovely spa and restaurant, too.
- Maca Bana is a collection of villas near the southwestern tip of Grenada, overlooking Magazine Beach. Think large, airy spaces for families or groups, classic decor, sun decks with private hot tubs, and a big shared swimming pool. Families with older children can make the most of the watersports. The beach restaurant is excellent.
For the Ultimate Luxury Resort
- Spice Island Beach Resort is the ultimate luxury beach resort, with 64 top-flight rooms and suites overlooking gorgeous Grand Anse Beach. Think timeless Caribbean style, private pools, a diving school, tennis courts, a stellar spa and a kids club. Absolute paradise for couples, families or groups.
For Great Value
- Blue Horizons Garden Resort has 32 spacious, self-catering rooms and suites in lush gardens just a few hundred metres from Grand Anse Beach. The huge pool and playground will be a hit with little ones, there are myriad tropical birds in the grounds, and the traditional West Indian cuisine is excellent. An affordable choice for families or couples.
- La Sagesse Hotel promises a simple yet tremendously charming stay on one of the island's best beaches. Great-value rooms, suites and cottages are ideal for couples or families, the onsite restaurant specialises in fresh seafood and local produce, and the beach is idyllic. Low-key and very special.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Maurice Bishop International Airport, near the southwestern tip of the island, and take a bus or taxi to your destination from there. Many international flights require a transfer in St Lucia. You can also organise an airport pick up with your hotel in advance.
- There's so much to see in Grenada! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel between November and mid-April for balmy temperatures averaging from 25-30°C. The hurricane season — July to November — is best avoided. The Christmas and New Year season is especially busy, so book your trip well in advance. Travel in late April or May for great hotel deals.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in St Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in the Caribbean.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Grenada
Best Hotels in Grenada
La Sagesse Hotel St David's, Grenada 12 rooms from $120Beach nearby - La Sagesse beach is one of the most idyllic in Grenada.Value chicBack to Nature - Rooms have no TV's, radios, DVD players or phones.Restaurant - Wonderful beachfront setting.
A charming hotel on one of the best beaches in Grenada. Untouched sand and tropical plantation as soon as you walk out of your room. Basic rooms, suites, and cottages (sleep four) are good value. Beachfront restaurant serving local & international cuisine. Cheap, family friendly, secluded. See More
Blue Horizons Garden Resort St Georges, Grenada 32 rooms from $155Value chic - One of the more affordable places in Grenada.Birdwatching - 21 indigenous species inhabit the hotel's groundsRestaurant - International West Indian style dishes.Swimming Pool - Freshwater outdoor pool
Affordable, very comfortable, and family friendly. A charming hotel with excellent facilities including an enormous pool, excellent fine dining restaurant serving International West Indies cuisine, children's playground, and beautiful grounds full of indigenous birds. See More
Mount Edgecombe Plantation St Mark's, Grenada 8 rooms from $219Romantic Break - Perfect for couples after peace and quiet. Sunsets, endless sea views and an infinity pool are perfect ingredients for romanceFamilies - Four-bedroom Plantation House is a self-contained home-away-from-home with a kitchen, living & dining area, study & games roomWeddings - Ideal for small weddings. Ceremonies take place on a wrap-around covered veranda with 180 degree views over the sea and estateBack to Nature - Feels completely ensconsed by nature; wake up the sound of birds, walk through the plantation and enjoy uninterrupted views
Historic plantation perched on a tropical hillside amongst lush forest. Made up of a four-bedroom self-catered villa and rooms, this intimate secluded hideaway with cosy colonial decor boasts a sunset-facing infinity pool & bar. Pick your own breakfast from the estate. Hidden gem with rustic charm. See More
Secret Harbour Grenada 20 rooms from $291Total relaxation - The perfect place to do very little; hit the beach, sunbathe by the pool or simply soak in the views from suite terracesHoneymoons - Offers both a wonderfully private feel yet fab location from which to head out and explore should you fancy itPrivate Hot Tub - The best suites come with private sea-facing outdoor hot tubs; the ideal spot for sunsets!Beach Life - The hotel's stunning private white sand beach has loungers just steps from the water
Contemporary boutique beach resort on the water's edge in an idyllic protected bay. Suites & cottages are incredibly comfortable; think sunset-facing hot tubs, spacious living areas & private terraces with killer views. A popular restaurant & bar mean there's no need to leave. Quiet beach haven. See More
True Blue Bay Resort Grenada 49 rooms from $237Watersports - Set on the marina the hotel has excellent access to waterports and sailing.Families - There are some club villas with two bedrooms.Views - Great views from hotelRestaurant - Caribbean cuisine.
A fun boutique hotel located just a stone's throw from the marina. Beach chic rooms, suites, and two-bedroom villas have kitchenettes, balconies, and all the mod cons. Excellent Caribbean restaurant, large pool, and immediate access to sailing and watersports. See More
Calabash Hotel St Georges, Grenada 30 rooms from $3625* Luxury - Breakfast is served on your private balcony prepared by your personal maidHoneymoons - A tropical paradise with everything you'll need, all in heightened luxury.Foodies - Award-winning cuisine by Gary Rhodes.Spa breaks - Luxurious 'Heaven and Earth' spa.
A tropical paradise with Five Stars and every amenity you can think of. Thirty suites, some with private pools, have sea views, balconies, and romantic furnishings. Award-winning cuisine by celebrity chef Gary Rhodes, top of the range spa, private white sand beach, cabanas, tennis courts. See More
Mount Cinnamon St Georges, Grenada 21 rooms from $395Views - Wonderful views over Grand Anse Beach and out to the Caribbean Sea.Families - Two-bedroom villas are ideal for families.Spa - Facials and beauty treatments.Romantic - Good for couples.
A bright boutique villa-style resort with one and two-bedroom accommodations. Stylish rooms and suites decorated to perfection have DVD players, balconies, and kitchenettes. Relaxation therapies in the spa, pool, stunning views, Clubhouse restaurant and Beach Cabana. Fabulous. See More
Maca Bana St Georges, Grenada from $415Views - Breathtaking views out to seaBeach LifeRomantic BreakRestaurant - The beachfront fine-dining restaurant serves lunch, dinner, and brunch.
An excellent four star option with sumptuous one and two-bedroom villas. Traditional elegance and classical furnishings in the rooms. Private kitchenettes and living areas. Stunning sea views, large pool, and a fine dining restaurant. Luxurious, romantic, and family friendly. See More
Laluna St George's, Grenada 16 rooms from $425Chic - Balinese cottages and villas with minimal designs, sleeps from 2 to 10 peopleFoodies - Fresh food and wine imported from Italy.LuxuryRomantic BreakRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Intimate beachside boutique hotel. Designed in minimal Balinese style, sixteen luxury cottages come with private pools and all the mod cons. Fabulous Italian restaurant uses Italian produce, a top of the range spa and therapeutic treatments, yoga centre, and blue blue sea to swim in. See More
Silversands Grenada 43 rooms from $455Romantic Break - A perfect destination for some lively romance, from the indulgent suites and villas to the in house DJTotal relaxation - Every whim will be answered- they even offer unpacking services. Relaxation is the name of the gameHotel Entertainment - The lively beachclub boasts an in house DJ and the Puro, Cigar & Rum Lounge is worth checking outOther Activities - Check out the state of the art gym and the 100m infinity pool- getting fit never looked so good!
A dazzling new resort oozing sophistication on Grand Anse beach. Designed by Paris-based architects AW2, each detail has been lovingly and painstakingly thought out, and it was worth it! Interiors are clever and paired down, the restaurants are excellent and the pool is the longest in the Caribbean. See More
473 Grenada Boutique Resort Saint Georgeʼs, Grenada 9 rooms from $514Families - Two and three-bedroom villas have been well designed for families. Babysitting on-site means parents can enjoy date nightsBeach Life - Located on the water, guests have direct access to two gorgeous and private white-sand beaches either side of the resortViews - Enjoy views over sparkling turquoise sea, bays and nearby peninsulas from all areas of the propertyHideaway - Tucked away with a very secluded feel, this is for those who value privacy and tranquility
Luxurious all-villa resort on the water in an upmarket residential area. Set amongst mature rainforest and with direct beach access, contemporary one, two and three-bedroom villas offer appealing indoor/outdoor tropical living. Cook in your alfresco kitchen or book a private chef. Private paradise. See More
Spice Island Beach Resort St George, Grenada 64 rooms from $946Beach Life - Directly on a white sand beach, it's the perfect spot.Honeymoons - Stunning interior design in sumptuous suites.LuxuryRomantic BreakRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
A stunning beachfront all inclusive resort with luxurious cabanas right on the beach. A tropical paradise with two restaurants, tennis courts, pools, suites with pools, diving school, and a kid's club. An idyllic spot with lots of facilities and plenty of pampering. See More