St Vincent and the Grenadines
Search the best hotels in St Vincent and the Grenadines
About St Vincent and the Grenadines
Lying in the southern Caribbean Sea, close to the Atlantic Ocean, St Vincent and the Grenadines are a fascinating archipelago of inhabited and uninhabited islands. The landscape varies greatly between the islands, with lush, mountainous St Vincent contrasting with the smaller, dryer and lower-lying land masses which make up the rest of the group. There is a significant range of accommodation on offer, including simple self-catering spots as well as exclusive private island resorts, perfect for a whole host of tastes and budgets. Most of the best places to stay in St Vincent and the Grenadines are on expansive white-sand beaches, but we do have a few favourites nestled on the leafy estates of Bequia’s interior.
Most international arrivals will fly to St Vincent, by far the largest of the group at 133 square miles in size. The cobbled streets of Kingstown, the island’s capital, are well worth a wander. St George’s Anglican Cathedral, St Mary’s Catholic Cathedral and Fort Charlotte are particular highlights. The St Vincent Botanical Gardens and the Vermont Nature Trail are brilliant for outdoorsy explorers, who can also hike in the forests around La Soufrière volcano.
Continuing south by small plane, ferry or yacht, you’ll find beautiful Bequia, Union Island, Canouan and Mustique. The region is famed for its spectacular beaches, as well as excellent snorkelling, diving and sailing opportunities. The Tobago Cays Marine Park is very special — charter a boat and spend your day island-hopping and admiring underwater worlds. If you’re into golf, don’t miss playing a round or two at Canouan’s 18-hole championship course!
Some of the best places to stay in St Vincent and the Grenadines are hidden on private islands, such as Palm Island and Petit St Vincent. These intimate boltholes can fill up fast, so book your trip well in advance if travelling over Christmas and New Year.
The Best Places to Stay in St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Blue Lagoon Hotel & Marina is hugely popular with sailors. Set in a sheltered bay on St Vincent, the hotel offers 20 slips for guests arriving by boat, as well as highly regarded yacht charters and sailing lessons. Ocean-facing rooms feature bright colours and space for families or groups. Ideal for keen sailors.
FOR FAMILIES OR GROUPS
- Firefly Bequia Plantation offers a small collection of rooms and suites, as well as a two-bedroom cottage and four-bedroom villa, both of which are great for families. Set within extensive gardens, the property has a swimming pool, a croquet lawn, a fun six-hole cross-country golf course and regular yoga classes. Enjoy a plantation tour before treating yourself to a rum punch or two at the bar.
- Gingerbread Hotel has just six suites, many of which can accommodate an extra bed. Perched on Bequia's Belmont Walkway, this lovely property has a tennis court, spa treatments, a jetty — ideal for snorkelling — and a lively café. Gobble homemade ice cream under the shady almond tree after days out on the water as a family. Also a cosy choice for couples.
- Tropical Hideaway is a beautiful boutique escape with space for up to 12 guests in five rooms, suites and villas surrounded by 4.5 acres of mature gardens. Expect self-catering facilities and private terraces with striking views of Bequia's Admiralty Bay and the Caribbean Sea. The owner-managers can organise a top-notch beach BBQ, and the vibe is very family-friendly. Brilliant for couples, families or groups in search of extra independence.
- Sugar Reef promises a relaxing, adults-only stay with eight guestrooms set across two buildings on an impressive 65-acre estate. The Beach House is home to three sea-facing rooms as well as the popular Sugar Reef Café, whilst the heritage-inspired French House has a plunge pool, five guestrooms and a fully-equipped kitchen. A quirky and romantic Bequia pick.
- Bequia Plantation Hotel sits at the southern end of picturesque Admiralty Bay, perfect for a couples' beachfront retreat. Unwind in airy rooms and suites with pretty fretwork and blue-and-white interiors, feast on fresh seafood at the restaurant, and spend your days strolling along the beach, hiking to nearby viewpoints, chartering a yacht or taking a yoga class. Very laid-back.
- Bequia Beach Hotel has a wonderfully appealing vintage Caribbean feel, with rooms, suites and villas facing Friendship Bay Beach. This family-owned boutique resort is amongst the best in the region, with a soothing spa, two restaurants and stacks of activities. Gorgeous for honeymoons, weddings or special holidays as a couple.
- The Liming has nine indulgent suites and villas, hidden on a remote stretch of Bequia's coastline. Pick this place for the serene sense of escapism, the remote setting and the superb food. Perfect for honeymooners — although groups can book five-bedroom Gingerlily Mansion House for a fun trip or wedding celebration.
For Great Value
- Tenuta Chatham Bay offers an idyllic beach stay on Union Island. Cottages have a rustic feel and ocean views, and the six-acre resort is well-suited to active travellers eager to snorkel, swim, kayak and hike. The famed Tobago Cays are close by. An intimate, outdoorsy choice at a great price.
- Spring Hotel sits just outside Bequia's Port Elizabeth, and is a fun choice for those looking to explore the town. Some of the 17 rooms and suites are inter-connecting, making them well-suited to families or small groups. Everyone can congregate at the friendly sports bar and restaurant. Simple and affordable.
For Luxury & a Golf Course
- Mandarin Oriental Canouan offers 26 suites and 13 villas perched along powder-white Godahl Beach. Expect opulent interiors, an extensive spa, a lively kids' club and heaps of activities on land and at sea. The island's par-72 Jim Fazio-designed golf course is within easy reach — and sundowners at the 13th are a real highlight.
- Canouan Estate Resort & Villas has a slick, sophisticated feel, with sumptuous sea-facing suites and villas with up to six bedrooms. An exclusive, top-end resort with three restaurants and space for families or groups as well as honeymooners on striking Canouan Island. Guests also have access to the only championship golf course in the Grenadines.
For a Private Island Escape
- Petit St Vincent is a 115-acre private paradise, dotted with chic cottages on two miles of pristine white beach and the verdant hillside. An immensely luxurious base for a holiday filled with activities, as well as rejuventating massages and delectable fine dining. Captivating.
- Young Island sits just off the coast of St Vincent, with 29 charming cottages tucked amidst fruit-filled tropical gardens. Think classic Caribbean decor, private plunge pools, terrific cuisine and the appealing seclusion of a private island hideaway. Laid-back and romantic.
- Palm Island Resort & Spa is an indulgent, adult-focused property accessed only by private launch. One of the most exclusive private island resorts in the Caribbean, this picture-perfect destination has five white-sand beaches, tranquil waters and a leafy interior for jungle hikes. There is a positive eco-focus, and the beachside spa is a particular highlight. Exquisite.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to St Vincent's Argyle International Airport, and travel to your hotel by bus or taxi. The smaller islands can be accessed by ferry, yacht or smaller plane — J. F. Mitchell Airport on Bequia is one such hub. Whether you arrive by plane or boat, most hotels will be happy to organise a car and driver to meet you.
- You'll find lots to explore by road! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Balmy temperatures average between 25 - 28°C throughout the year, with the peak season lasting from November to mid-April. Be prepared for showers if you visit during the hurricane season (June to November), though the islands are luckily too far south to be afflicted by major hurricanes. To beat the crowds and make the most of great deals, time your trip for May or June.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Bequia.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in the Caribbean.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in St Vincent and the Grenadines
Best Hotels in St Vincent and the Grenadines
Tenuta Chatham Bay Union Island, St Vincent and the Grenadines 6 rooms from £131All inclusive - Generous policy includes a la carte breakfast, lunch, dinner, beers, wines and spirits throughout the day until 10pmBeach Life - The untouched beach has a private feel. With only six cottages, you have it almost to yourselfHideaway - The remote location will appeal to those after an authentic experienceRestaurant - Located on the water's edge, Aqua restaurant serves a mix of local delicacies and Italian pizzas made in a wood fired oven
Shabby-chic beachfront property surrounded by lush vegetation on the quiet side of Union Island. Robinson Crusoe-style cottages located on the sand come with four-poster beds and floor-to-ceiling windows. An all-inclusive resort in a pristine natural setting with a charming rustic feel. See More
Sugar Reef Bequia 8 rooms from £181Romantic Break - This secluded adults only spot offers guests privacy, comfort, a spectacular coconut fringed beach and excellent cocktailsBirdwatching - The jungle is filled with a plethora of tropical birds, make sure to bring birdguide bookGreat walks - Right next door you will find a 600 acre government-owned tropical Caribbean forestHotel Entertainment - We recommend lounging on the beach, dipping in the water and sipping on rum punch
A secluded adults only hotel on the stunning coast of Bequia. Some features date back to 18th century settlements, though the style was crystallised in the 1960s and hasn't changed much since. With an unbeatable location, rustic elegance and authentic Caribbean vibes it's a perfect beach getaway. See More
Spring Hotel Port Elizabeth, Bequia 17 rooms from £150Families - Children are very welcome. Well-designed room options, plenty of equipment and babysitting services ensure all needs are metTotal relaxation - Wonderful base to either explore the island or simply enjoy sea views while you relax by the poolRestaurant - Take breakfast and dinner in the restaurant, enjoy relaxed lunch at the Pool Bar and English-style Afternoon Tea in the librarySailing - Explore the area with a full day excursion to Tobago Cays, Mustique or St Vincent’s Leeward Coast
A well-run family-friendly resort with fantastic sea views. Impressive facilities include an outdoor pool, hot tub, restaurant, bar, library, and open-air games room. Rooms & suites with tropical decor feature wooden four-posters and spacious verandas. Ticks all boxes for a tropical island getaway. See More
Tropical Hideaway Port Elizabeth, Bequia 5 rooms from £223Eco break - Inspiring eco-friendly initiatives include solar-power, recycling, no single-use plastic & the latest Led lighting technologyRomantic Break - Hibiscus Cottage or Penthouse Suiteare perfect for honeymooners; totally private with incredible Caribbean Sea viewsSwimming Pool - The property's 58 foot panoramic solar-heated infinity pool is considered one of the most striking in the CaribbeanViews - Offers jaw-dropping 180 degree views over the picture-perfect Caribbean Sea & Admiralty Bay
Stunning owner-run boutique property with a fantastic location overlooking Admiralty Bay; enjoy the view from the impressive sea-facing infinity pool. Deluxe self-catered suites & villas feature expansive indoor/outdoor living spaces with plenty of privacy. The stuff of relaxed honeymoon dreams. See More
Gingerbread Hotel Bequia 7 rooms from £175Views - Located directly on the water, enjoy incredible sea views from the cafe, gardens, rooms and verandasLocal exploring - Situated on Belmont Walkway, both Port Elizabeth and Princess Margaret Beach are walking distanceFamilies - Family Garden Suite is ideal for up to four people. Children under 5 stay freeRestaurant - Enjoy breakfast, local lunches and snacks at waterfront restaurant. Located under an almond tree, there's a great seaside vibe
Family friendly waterfront property situated within leafy gardens in Port Elizabeth. Spacious suites with tropical decor combine romantic four-poster beds, plantation shutters and large verandas with sea views. There's an outdoor cafe for breakfast & lunch, plus tennis court, spa and beach close by. See More
Firefly Bequia Plantation Crescent Beach, Bequia 6 rooms from £176Beach Life - It's a charming five min walk through plantation grounds to the hotel's beach. They'll pack you drinks, snacks, chairs & towelsTotal relaxation - Head to the beach for a morning swim and spend lazy afternoons by the hotel's pool and bar - the vibe here is chilledGroups - Located on the beach, the very cool self-catering Paradise Villa boasts four bedrooms and private swimming poolRomantic Break - Romantic rooms feature whimsical four-poster beds with private balconies offering views for miles
Airy rooms, cottage and villa with a tropical feel nestled within historic plantation minutes from the beach. The main building houses a restaurant, bar and large pool that look over the grounds and the sea beyond. Groups will love the comfortable self-catering cottage & sleek beachfront pool villa. See More
Tamarind Beach Hotel Canouan Island, St Vincent and the Grenadines 40 rooms from £180Beach Life - Canouan is known for its stunning white sand coastline; soak it all up from the hotel's beachfront rooms, restaurants and spaRomantic Break - For a special stay book one of the suites with their amazing sea views, fluffy robes and plantation shuttersRestaurant - Four options include Italian deli, evening-only Pirate Cove restaurant and bar, all-day beach bar & waterfront Palapa RestaurantGreat walks - Head out on a guided hike to the top of Mount Royal for views over neighbouring Grenadine Islands and beyond
Four-star beach resort with dreamy location surrounded by tropical forest and overlooking an exclusive white sand beach. Classic island-inspired decor includes white linens and rattan furniture while a range of eateries offer lively evenings or romantic dinners. Affordable Caribbean luxury. See More
Bequia Beach Hotel Friendship, St Vincent and the Grenadines 57 rooms from £195Foodies - Blue Tropic and Bagatelle are both fantastic restaurants.Spa breaks - Excellent spa facilities.Views - Sea views all around.Beach Life
A chic spot on Bequia island. A collection of rooms, suites and villas surrounded by coconut groves and nestled directly on the beach. Gorgeous boutique colonial Caribbean interiors have an eclectic mix of decoration. Swimming pools, two excellent restaurants, and a top of the range spa. See More
The Liming Friendship, Bequia 13 rooms from £229Families - Five-bedroom Gingerlily Mansion comes with kitchen, media room, living / dining area, fresh water pool and plunge poolHideaway - Located on a remote beach, on a tiny island, within a range of tiny islands, this is a real desert island hideawayTotal relaxation - Liming translates to mean 'relaxation'; stay here to just do that. Soak up the sea, sand and starry skiesViews - Look out over sparkling blue seas and perfect white sandy beaches from the entirety of the resortRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Tablet
Secluded beach-front resort. Spread over well-kept gardens, suites and 1-5 bedroom villas all feature private infinity pools or hot tubs. Fresh decor and contemporary furnishings blend white tones with nautical colour pops. Enjoy the restaurant, bar, pool & epic sea views. Tranquil beach paradise. See More
Bequia Plantation Hotel Bequia 11 rooms from £234Romantic Break - Relaxing, strolling along the beach and watching the sunset all make this hotel perfect for a romantic getawayBack to Nature - The hotel is in a secluded and remote location, surrounded by beach and gardensBeach Life - The beach is a stone's throw from each of the rooms and suitesGreat walks - Hike up Ma Peggy Rock, Bequia's highest point, for panoramic views of the islandRecommended by - I Escape
Overlooking the Caribbean Sea, this vibrant beachfront offers the ultimate escape. Enjoy sea views from the rooms, while the suites and villas are nestled throughout the lush orchards next to the beach. Go hiking or visit the turtle sanctuary before enjoying dishes prepared with local ingredients. See More
Blue Lagoon Hotel & Marina Kingstown, St Vincent and the Grenadines 19 rooms from £235Active Holiday - Good spot for those after holidays filled with water-based activities: stay for sailing, diving, snorkelling and watersportsSailing - Full service Marina is home to 20 slips including 4 alongside berths. Charter a yacht for a full-day sailing adventureFamilies - Children under 16 stay free when sharing rooms with their parents making for great-value family vacationsSwimming Pool - Palm tree-lined pool features idyllic draped sun loungers and thatched seating area, ideal for whiling away relaxing afternoons
A waterfront compound in a sheltered bay comprising of a quaint boutique hotel, restaurants, shops, a bar & a dive centre. In addition to a tropical pool, the range of bright colourful rooms with extra beds & small kitchenettes are family-friendly. A laid-back base with warm Caribbean hospitality. See More
Young Island St Vincent and the Grenadines from £350Foodies - Four course dinners are prepared every night by award-winning chefs.Active Holiday - Watersports in abundance.LuxuryBeach LifeRecommended by - Fodors
A tropical paradise on a 36 acre island filled with coconut groves, mango trees, and surrounded by white sand beaches. Deluxe cottages are casual chic with private balconies, some with private pools, and all the mod cons, some sleep four. Watersports and relaxation in abundance. Romantic, relaxing. See More
Palm Island Resort & Spa St Vincent and the Grenadines 43 rooms from £578All inclusive - Comprehensive policy includes return transfers, all food and drinks, resort activities and entertainment, minibar & yoga classesTotal relaxation - The place to simply sit back and relax; generous all-inclusive policy means there's nothing to worry about while you're thereHoneymoons - Ideal honeymoon material; enjoy romantic sunsets, private beachfront dining experiences and couples' massagesBeach Life - Definition of private island paradise with endless stretches of palm-fringed beach and warm tropical seas
Private island all-inclusive resort surrounded by sublime aquamarine sea. Spend idyllic days hopping between five white sand beaches, a sea-facing spa and restaurants on the water's edge. Laid-back but polished rooms, suites and villas boast incredible views. Castaway chic designed for couples. See More
Canouan Estate Resort & Villas Canouan Island, St Vincent and the Grenadines 28 rooms from £640Families - Incredibly spacious 3 - 6 bedroom villas offer ideal family accomodation; enjoy unbelievable views, private pools & living areasBeach Life - L'Ance Guyac beach offers an untouched spot surrounded by nature while sheltered Shell Beach offers a classic Caribbean settingViews - Due to the estate's location, the resort boasts views over both Atlantic and Caribbean seas, plus both sunset and sunriseWeddings - The resort's historic chapel dates from 1700; it was bought over from England and lovingly reassembled stone by stone
Deluxe tropical island resort spread over 1,200 acres. Made up of opulent suites, private villas and residences, four beaches, complimentary kids club, varied dining open-air dining options and award-winning golf course mean there's something for everyone. Designed for families, young and old. See More
Mandarin Oriental Canouan Canouan, St Vincent and the Grenadines 59 rooms from £1015Families - Spacious suites and villas, impromptu tortoise safaris from the staff, plus pools and beach — the resort is perfect for familiesRomantic Break - Picnic on the sand, amble along a nature trail, have a cookery lesson, or just chill on the beach with your significant otherSpa - The spa is a retreat for body and soul with an extensive range of treatments, facials and therapies using ESPA productsLuxury - Dedicated butler service for every guestRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
A remote island hideaway set on idyllic Canouan. Comprising a collection of colonial-style suites and luxurious Italian designed hillside villas each with plunge pool. With 5 restaurants and bars, a spa, golf course, tennis and water-sports — this is an idyllic property for couples or families. See More
Petit St Vincent St Vincent and the Grenadines from £1054Beach Life - The island is completely surrounded by two miles of pristine white beaches.LuxuryWellbeingRomantic BreakRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Great Small Hotels , CN Traveller, Fodors
A stunning collection of stone beach cottages on a private island and surrounded by two miles of pristine white beaches. Chic rooms have light stone walls, wooden beams, and big verandahs for dining or relaxing. Tennis court, massages, hiking, sunbathing, babysitting on request. Total calm. See More