Search the best hotels in Marsa Alam
About Marsa Alam
Once a humble fishing village on the Red Sea coast, since 2001 and the creation of its own international airport, Marsa Alam has been attracting sunbathers, kite-surfers and scubadivers alike, who flock in droves for its wide sandy palm-fringed beaches, clear aquamarine waters, coral reefs and shipwrecks. Sitting near the Wadi el Gemal National Park with its deserts and seagrass, it is a paradise of mangrove trees, turtles and dolphins - no wonder why it's such a mecca for scubadivers. Yet there's more to Marsa Alam then its proximity to the sea: you can book a four-wheel-safari through the desert, quadbike to an authentic Bedouin village or browse the bustling and overflowing local markets for handmade rugs and souvenirs, and it's a day trip to the ancient ruins of Luxor. Perfect for a holiday of sand and sunshine, sightseeing or scubadiving, the best places to stay in Marsa Alam include a plush yet incredibly cheap 5-star resort.
What not to miss
- Go kite-surfing in El Naaba, a lake seperated from the open sea by a coral reef!
- Book a guided quadbiking tour if the Wadi el Gemal National Park.
- Scubadive in Elphinstone for turtles and coral fish, or in the Fury Shoals for dolphins and shipwrecks...
- Sunbathe in the shade of a palm tree!
- Book a quadbike tour to a Bedouin village.
- Browse the local markets!
Sunshine, sand, scubadiving and shipwrecks - Marsa Alam has all the trappings of a brilliant seaside holiday. Great for families and couples alike, this Red Sea resort should be high on your priority list. Find out why by browsing our list of the best places to stay in Marsa Alam!
The best places to stay in Marsa Alam
- InterContinental The Palace Port Ghalib Resort is a large Five Star resort with a lagoon-style pool leading to a private beach. Contemporary suites have balconies and all the mod cons. Kids club and pool, spa, extensive business facilities, and good Oriental, Indian, and continental restaurants. An excellent beach resort holiday for families.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of self-catering villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- Marsa Alam is a great year round destination, but if you want to avoid the extreme summer temperatures, then plan to visit between October and March when the average high is around 25 degrees celsius.
- Fly to Marsa Alam's very own international airport.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Hurghada
- or the best places to stay in Sharm el Sheikh.
- Alternatively you could contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Marsa Alam
Best Hotels in Marsa Alam
InterContinental The Palace Port Ghalib Resort Marsa Alam 308 rooms from $67Beach Life5* Luxury - Very high service standards.FamiliesKids Club - Fully staffed.
A large Five Star resort with a lagoon-style pool leading to a private beach. Contemporary suites have balconies and all the mod cons. Kids club and pool, spa, extensive business facilities, and good Oriental, Indian, and continental restaurants. An excellent beach resort holiday for families. See More