Search the best hotels in Annecy
Positioned on the shores of famously idyllic Lake Annecy, the town of Annecy has long been a favourite Haute-Savoie holiday destination with travellers from within France and beyond. Fringed by forested hills and dramatic snow-capped mountains, this is reputedly one of the most beautiful places in the country, with a strong local identity and long heritage. Accommodation options range from private chalets to glamorous food-focused hotels, with the best places to stay in Annecy promising magical views of the lake.
Lake Annecy is impossible to miss. Follow part of the 43km walking route which curves around the shore on foot or by bicycle; sail, fish, paddle board and kayak on on the water; or take your family out for a private cruise with a picnic. It’s also possible to snorkel and dive during the summer months, and to water ski or wakeboard. You’ll find laid-back beaches with volleyball courts, slides and deck chairs in striking spots along the lake shore, too.
History buffs will be hugely intrigued by the 12th century Palais de l’Ile, the imposing Château D’Annecy and the charming Vieille Ville, with its well-preserved medieval architecture. Don’t miss soaking up the views from the Pont des Amours or the peak of La Tournette. This is a wonderful destination for fans of the great outdoors, with plenty of activities accessible from the best places to stay in Annecy.
The Best Places to Stay in Annecy
- La Maison Bleue - Yoann Conte is a glamorous restaurant-with-rooms on Lake Annecy. Pick this place for the eight indulgent, Alpine-inspired guestrooms — complete with wood panelling and lake views — and the terrific, two Michelin-starred restaurant, headed by chef-owner Yoann Conte. Timeless, intimate and romantic.
- Clos des Sens is a chic, five-star hotel with 11 individually designed contemporary guestrooms. Chef Laurent Petit has been awarded three Michelin stars for his fabulous cuisine, inspired by local produce — including the lake's freshest seafood. A feast for the senses.
For Families or Groups
- Les Loges, Annecy offers five superb, self-catering apartments in Annecy's old town. Breakfasts are delivered to your door each morning, there's an onsite café and some suites have space for additional guests, making this a top family or group holiday choice. Well-located for exploring both the town and the lakeshore.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY Cottage
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Geneva Airport, across the border, and travel to Annecy by car (40 minutes' drive), by train (approx. one hour) or by bus.
- The Haute Savoie region is wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel between May and September for the warmest weather, with temperatures peaking around 22°C. This is the best time for sports on the lake. Spring or autumn visitors can expect cooler temperatures and fewer crowds. Come between November and March for skiing at nearby La Clusaz, Le Grand Bornand, Manigod or Sain Jean de Sixt.
Still not sure?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Talloires.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Haute-Savoie.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Annecy
Best Hotels in Annecy
Yoann Conte Annecy 8 rooms from $213Foodies - The restaurant has two Michelin StarsRuralLakeside - Right on the shores of Lake Annecy with private pontoon on the water.Views - Great views from hotel
Two Michelin stars, a private pontoon, gorgeous gardens and personal balconies from which to observe all these delights. Stunning interiors with a luxury alpine feel. The ideal property for a relaxing, and secluded getaway on the shores of Lake Annecy, with plenty to do in summer or winter. See More
Clos des Sens Annecy 10 rooms from $229Great walks - Great walking in the surrounding countrysideSights nearby - In the centre of Annecy-le-VieuxRestaurant - Gourmet restaurantCooking classes - Check for timings.
Ideally located for access to both mountains & lake, which can be seen from balconies around the hotel. In contrast to the nature around, the decor is resolutely contemporary - open plan with a lot of attention paid to geometry and fancy fireplaces. Gourmet restaurant and heated outdoor lap pool. See More
Les Loges, Annecy 74000 Annecy 5 rooms from $282Local exploring - Ideally situated in the heart of historic Annecy, 200m from the lake and near shops, restaurants and barsSights nearby - Visit the old town, the Jardin d'Europe, the Palais de l’Île, the Cathedral and Basilica and the Château d’AnnecyGreat walks - Guided or self-guided walks on the trails of the Roc de Chère natural reserve and beautiful viewpoints around the lakeLocal markets - Each Tuesday there is a lovely food market in the old centre
Luxury self-catering apartments in the medieval centre. The epitome of cosy-chic with wooden beams, fireplaces and soft rugs alongside stylish statement pieces and contemporary furnishings. Studio-style rooms are both homely and sophisticated - a great base for independent, discerning travellers! See More