The 20 Best Hotels with Balconies in Miami Beach
Miami has a unique and iconic skyline - a modern city set against the ocean. Therefore, choosing a hotel with a balcony is the best way to enjoy these views. Unsurprisingly, some of the best hotels in Miami have rooms with private balconies (ideal for sipping a cocktail on). Our hotel experts have compiled a collection of the best hotels with balconies in Miami beach to make planning your next trip a hassle-free choice. Including old school grandeur, chic spa getaways, beach-club boltholes and bohemian-style boutiques - there is something for everyone. So why not browse through our collection to get planning your next city break?
For a hip stay
- All of the bubblegum-white rooms at SLS Brickell, except the Deluxe Kings, come with a lavish balcony affording stunning skyline views. Fun and hip, the weekend poolside events are notoriously lively and the Happy Hour at the bar is obviously a plus - a great choice for young couples or groups of friends.
- Youthful and all about poolside life, Hotel Victor is a fun option for young people. From the decadent candy shop to the sushi bar, it's certainly a unique stay. But what makes it one of the best hotels in Miami Beach are the lovely views afforded by the balconies of the cool, beachside chic rooms.
- Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables buzzes with life. From the house DJ to the regular wine night in the restaurant, the atmosphere is classy and fun-loving. A grand historic building given a smart, stylish makeover, the chic rooms boast hand-selected artworks and four-posters. If you book the Ponce de Leon rooms, you get a balcony or terrace with direct access to the pool - superb!
For work trips
- Every one of the sleek luxury rooms at Epic Hotel comes with floor-to-ceiling windows and a beautiful private balcony. That's not all; this uber-modern, high-tech hotel is a great option for business people - the meeting facilities are enormous, there's a 12,000 square foot spa and numerous dining (and drinking) options. A sophisticated city stay.
- For something with a Latin twist, try Casa Faena. The breezy, Spanish rooms are plush, styled in whites and terracottas, while the City View Studio gives you a delightful private balcony with majestic views of the city. A fantastic deal for families, there are babysitting and childcare services, an Argentinian bistro and a rooftop terrace.
- The Local House has got that lived-in, beachy, homely feel, ideal for families. Two children under 12 sleep free-of-charge when using existing beds. Children love the table tennis table and foosball while the tapas bar is suitable for all. If you book a City View room, you get a balcony affording truly stunning views of the cityscape.
- Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne is another great choice for families. It has a kids club to keep the little ones entertained while adults can unwind in the Eucalyptus Steam Room. The elegant rooms are surfer-meets-Art-Deco, Miami in a nutshell, with large windows opening out to private balconies. Boasting its own private beach, family pool and 4 restaurants, it's one of Miami Beach's best family hotels.
For urban cool
- The balconies of East Miami's sleek and modern rooms are incredibly spacious, accessed from the floor-to-ceiling windows. Urban luxury at its finest, and a taste of the 'real Miami'. expect wood-fired cuisine at the restaurant, 4 pools, revolving art exhibitions and a high-tech gym - seriously cool!
For a boutique
- A classic Art Deco building that's been given a modern makeover, Lennox Miami Beach is a chic, beachside boutique with its own private beach club just 2 minutes away. The rooms are laid-back affairs with handcrafted wood furnishings, and they lead out onto private balconies overlooking the colourful streets of Miami Beach.
For great value
- The Angler may be cheap, but it provides VIP status at a number of trendy South Beach nightclubs. The Art Deco rooms are filled with light from the floor-to-ceiling windows, and all the studios and lofts come with private balconies. Plus, there are spa treatments by the pool and sumptuous seafood - what's not to love?
- Dream Miami South Beach is a great option for the young because it's so close to the nightlife and it's reasonably priced. The rooms are light and chic, and if you book the Platinum Sun King Suite or Penthouse Suite you get your own private rooftop terrace! Complete with tapas and a holistic spa - this is a great deal.
- The Villa Casa Casuarina was originally the home of Versace and is undoubtedly one of the best luxury hotels in Miami Beach. The balconies are as ornate as the frescoed rooms, with their plush flour-posters and gilded ceilings. Then there's the gold mosaic pool to consider or the gurgling fountains, and the leafy courtyards - this property is worth a trip to Miami alone.
- For a grand hotel with balconies in Coconut Grove, the Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove is your best bet. With a cocktail bar, poolside cafe, grill, and a vast spa, it has got everything you need for a seaside holiday, while the traditional and elegant rooms all come with a private balcony boasting beautiful views of Miami. But for true luxury, book a room with an oceanfront balcony.
- Ritz Carlton Bal Harbour might boast some of the most instagrammable oceanfront balconies in Miami Beach, looking down upon the elevated swimming pool and the hotel's own stretch of private beach. The rooms are elegant and breezy, while the restaurant serves farm-to-fork cuisine. Plus, the hotel boasts its own art collection valued at over $3.5 million - luxury defined.
- The private oceanfront balconies of Faena Miami Beach's ornate, late-Deco rooms are some of the finest around. Candycane-coloured luxury awaits you at this decadent resort with its own private beach: frescoed, pillared, with 5 restaurants and a 22,000 square foot South American spa, you'll be pampered silly.
- For chic beachside luxury, you can't get better than 1 Hotel South Beach. For one, it's got its own private beach, nightly DJ, incredibly cool rooftop bar (and perfect views of the Miami skyline) and of course, an award-winning restaurant. But really, the cherry on top are some of the oceanfront rooms, with their gorgeous balconies and spectacular views. Ideal for hip young couples.
- For a spa hotel in Miami Beach with a balcony, look no further than Palms Hotel & Spa. The Junior and Oceanfront Suites come with balconies, however, all the rooms are chic and bright. The lagoon-like pool winds through carefully designed tropical grounds, the holistic AVEDA spa offers couples' massage therapies, and there's farm-to-fork organic cuisine at the restaurant.
- Gale South Beach offers light, fresh rooms and if you book one of the Queen or King Terrace suites, you get a gorgeous private balcony - perfect for that morning cup of coffee or evening tipple! The cocktail bar is particularly fancy, and the rooftop pool is a real lure. A great option for couples looking for a room with an oceanfront balcony.
For old-school design
- If you book one of the terrace rooms at Nautilus, you get an oceanfront balcony with enchanting views. This vintage-luxury hotel is seriously refined, offering cool 1950s style with marble floors and antiques. With direct beach access, a heated freshwater pool fringed with palm trees, and a spa - this is a chic retro choice.
- Four Seasons Hotel at the Surf Club boasts a classic Miami palm-fringed pool facing the ocean an Italian restaurant that is always a hit. But the real draw is the rooms, true old school elegance awaits with the best offering gorgeous oceanfront balconies. Book the private yacht or head to the champagne bar - a decadent stay.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Miami.
- Expand your search to the best places to stay in South Beach.
- Check out our list of the best places to stay in the Florida Keys;
- See either our collection of Miami's pet friendly hotels or the most romantic hotels in Miami or the best hotels in Miami North Beach;
- Alternatively, contact one of our Gurus for some expert advice.
SLS Brickell Miami (Brickell) 124 rooms from $159Local exploring - American Airlines Arena and Vizcaya Museum & Gardens and Bayside Market Place are all less than 5 minute drive from SLSBusiness meetings - There are several high-tech meeting and conference rooms avaliableRestaurant - FI'LIA- An Italian Restaurant and SAAM which has a business-casual feel. The hotel also offers poolside serviceLively - Poolside events take place at the weekends bringing in lots of guests
A luxury hotel in the heart of Brickell. Rooms are modern and spacious decorated in fun pastel pink hues, the best boast enormous free-standing bathtubs. Large balconies offer great views and the poolside events and bar provide a lively atmosphere. An ideal choice for friends on a city break. See More
Dream Miami South Beach Miami 108 rooms from $119City Style - Steps from the hottest clubs, restaurants and famed shopping of Lincoln Road, Ocean Drive and Collins AvenueBeach Life - Less than 50 metres from a pristine stretch of Miami Beach shorelineSpa - The spa provides treatments encompassing the mind, body, and soul using a harmonious balance of natural, plant-based ingredientsSwimming Pool - Our rooftop pool comes with chaises, cabanas, towel service and poolside dining, drinks and ocean views
A fun hotel suited to young couples in search of a lively atmosphere, who want to be close to the nightlife of South Beach. Chic modern rooms have Moroccan inspired details and luxurious bathrooms feature rain showers. The restaurant serves delicious casual Mexican food. An all-round hit. See More
Hotel Victor Miami (South Beach) 91 rooms from $159Restaurant - Enjoy Japanese cuisine at Sushi Couture or indulge your sweet tooth at the Sugar Factory, which also serves pizza and burgers.Private Hot Tub - Book the Victor or Victoria Penthouse Suite for a private garden terrace with hot tubSights nearby - Adjacent to the Versace mansion and within 5 minutes' walk of the Art Deco DistrictWhirlpool Bathtub - The King Suite comes with huge infinity edge jetted tubRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A youthful, trendy property with poolside lifestyle. Interiors offer a neutral colour palette, sun-bleached woods, glass and metal accents, and big windows for a naturally-lit beach-chic vibe. Snack on sushi at Sushi Couture or join the Miami glitterati at the playful Sugar Factory Brasserie. See More
Casa Faena Miami 51 rooms from $160Restaurant - Argentinian-American restaurant with relaxed bistro-style atmosphere and idyllic verandaSights nearby - 4 minutes from the Bass Museum of ArtKids Club - Babysitting/childcare availableLively area - In the thick of the action.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Inspired by the relaxed lifestyle of the Mediterranean, rooms are bright and welcoming with Spanish tiled flooring, light fabrics that flutter in the ocean breeze and luxurious four-posters in some rooms. Library, gym. The restaurant serves a delectable combination of American and Argentinian fare. See More
Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables Miami (Coral Gables) 157 rooms from $168Local exploring - The hotel is only steps from world-class shopping, dining and theatres on Miracle MileLively - The work-hard-play-harder types will find this hotel suits their needsSwimming Pool - Outdoor heated roof-top poolRestaurant - Recommended.
A luxury hotel set in a grand historic building. Elegant and modern guest rooms feature four-poster beds, contemporary art, indulgent bathrooms, and pool or city views. Enjoy any of the hotel's five restaurants, the roof-top pool, and the simply breathtaking lobby bar. A very glamorous stay! See More
Lennox Miami Beach Miami 119 rooms from $169Beach Life - The hotel gives access to guests to a private beach club where you can relax on the loungers on Miami BeachCity Style - Located close to restaurants, nightlife and barsSights nearby - The hotel is conveniently located steps from Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, and the Miami Beach Convention CenterBoutique - A modern reinterpretation of an iconic and preserved 1930s Art Deco Mediterranean Revival building
A trendy, modern boutique hotel overlooking the colourful streets of Miami Beach. Rooms are tastefully decorated with handcrafted wood furnishings and spacious bathrooms. Only a two-minute walk down to the private beach club with full service provided including chairs and towels. A chic city stay. See More
Gale South Beach Miami (South Beach) 87 rooms from $175Swimming Pool - Rooftop outdoor pool which enjoys unobstructed all-day sunshineLively area - In the thick of the action.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Restaurant - Recommended.
Return to Art Deco glory days in this fine Miami Beach property, replete with elegantly balanced monochrome furnishings, plush Italian sheets, and a nostalgic eye for design. Enjoy views of Miami and its shoreline from the rooftop bar, pool and restaurant or soak up the rays on a private terrace. See More
Epic Hotel Miami (Brickell) 411 rooms from $180City Style - A stylish city-stay offering every service you could want from a hotel located in the heart of downtown MiamiBusiness meetings - Offers a great range of meeting spaces that attracts corporate and social groupsSpa - 12,000 square foot and offers treatments such as massages and facials with views of Miami's city skyline and waterwaysSights nearby - The Wynwood Art District and the Miami Design District are both less than a 20 minute car journey away
A luxury hotel in the heart of downtown Miami. Smart rooms are stylish and minimal with floor-to-ceiling windows and balconies. The 16th-floor waterfront fine-dining at Area 31 is outstanding and the views are even better. Complete with an indulgent spa - this is a sleek city stay. See More
The Angler's Miami (South Beach) 85 rooms from $235Spa - Spa treatments offered in-room and by the poolRestaurant - fresh local seafood and pastasSwimming Pool - Year-round outdoor poolOutstanding locationRecommended by - Tablet
This Mediterranean revival hotel, a bastion of old Miami architecture, offers a breath of fresh air, discretion and supreme comfort, a sanctuary just a few minutes' walk from the buzz of downtown South Beach. Restaurant, pool, bar, spa treatments. Interiors with light fabrics and natural woods. See More
The Palms Hotel & Spa Miami Beach 251 rooms from $215City Style - Experience Miami in style and sophistication on the beach, in elegant rooms and in lush gardensSpa breaks - The Palms Spa by AVEDA is a temple of rejuvenating skin treatments and relaxing massagesSights nearby - A short walk from the Miami Beach Botanical Garden, Versace Mansion, and the Art Deco Historic DistrictRestaurant - The Essensia Restaurant serves gourmet and seasonal farm-to-table fare in simple yet elegant styles
A sophisticated luxury hotel, devoted to the nourishment and indulgence of mind, body and spirit. Featuring a holistic AVEDA spa and organic, gourmet dining, ideal for couples. Explore Miami Beach from elegant, charming rooms and lounges and relax in the expansive gardens and on the beachfront. See More
East Miami Miami (Brickell) 352 rooms from $279Local exploring - The hotel is situated right in Brickell City Centre, so there's a wealth of things to do and see on the doorstepFoodies - Guests can taste authentic Uruguayan fares at East, Miami's 5th-level restaurant and bar, Quinto La HuellaOutstanding location - Right in the heart of Brickell- the financial and art district of MiamiSwimming Pool - 20,000-square-foot outdoor pool deck features 4 pools
A design hotel offering elegant decor with modern accessories, including floor-to-ceiling windows, walk-in rain showers and spacious balconies to enjoy the spectacular views of the city. Complete with four pools, a great restaurant and a fitness centre. A trendy and lively pad in downtown Miami. See More
The Local House Miami (South Beach) 18 rooms from $289Restaurant - The Local House is the on-site restaurant, serving international tapas, snacks, brunch and drinks.Lively area - Art galleries, boutique shopping and famous restaurants are just around the corner on Ocean DriveOutstanding location - Ideal central location in the SoFi district (South of Fifth)Views - Panoramic city and partial ocean views
Soft beachy hues - taupes, creams and eggshell blues - meet weathered wood and wicker accents to create a lived-in, welcoming space for relaxation after a busy day in downtown Miami. The rooftop pool and terrace provide a private spot for enjoying downtime and the restaurant serves exquisite tapas. See More
Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne Miami 450 rooms from $293Families - A host of activities offered for all the family including kayaking and tennis plus there is a superb kids clubSpa breaks - The spa specialises in luxurious treatments from the West Indies, focusing on healing the mind and bodyOn an island - The resort is situated on a five-mile barrier island, a short drive across the Rickenbacker CausewaySights nearby - The resort is nestled between two nature preserves, Crandon Park and Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park
An ocean-front family friendly resort located on Key Biscayne island. Elegant rooms have stately décor and large windows while private balconies offer coastal views. Spend a day lounging on the private beach and after indulge at the special eucalyptus steam room. The definition of coastal luxury! See More
Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove Miami (Coconut Grove) 115 rooms from $322Sights nearby - Lush green spaces to be found at the Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden and the Italian villa-inspired Vizcaya Museum and GardensFamilies - Witjh spacious grounds for children to run around in and a well run Kids Club - this is an ideal choice for familiesSpa breaks - Spa day packages are avaliable at the spa with treatments including relaxing massages, facials and beauty treatmentsLocal exploring - Explore Coconut Grove by foot - a hub for artists and travellers since it was first settled in 1825
A grand, luxurious hotel-resort in the oldest area of Miami. Large rooms with traditional furnishings and equally large marble bathrooms. Trendy cocktail bar, swimming pool, and vast spa offering indulgent treatments. The kids club is immensely fun yet educational. Perfect for couples' or families. See More
Ritz Carlton Bal Harbour Miami (Bal Harbour) 95 rooms from $420Artworks - $3.5 million original art collection featuring 400 artworks, including paintings, photography and sculpturesLocal exploring - Located nearby to the legendary Bal Harbour featuring the area’s top restaurants and luxury shoppingFamilies - Close to lots of kid friendly sites such as Gator Park and the Children's MuseumRestaurant - Two restaurants, including upscale dining and casually chic poolside alfresco dining
A beautiful resort in North Miami Beach. Elegant rooms provide breathtaking panoramic views of the Atlantic. The restaurant's contemporary farm-to-table menu offers exceptional dining. Relax in the spa, by the amazing elevated pool deck or on the beach in a luxury cabana. A super stay! See More
Faena Miami Beach Miami Beach 179 rooms from $495Foodies - With 3 restuarants and a range of cuisines on offer, the Faena boasts exquisite dining options to suit every tasteTotal relaxation - The extensive and impressive spa and range of wellness treatments ensure a thouroughly relaxing experienceFamilies - For a luxury family stay the Faena ticks all the boxes with Kids clubs, baby sitting and moreBeach Life - The Faena is the ideal beach holiday hotel, with a slice of Miami Beach all to itself
Offering rich, decadent and luxurious elegance at every turn, with chic late-deco period styling. Gorgeous rooms, a stretch of private beach, three restaurants, and a huge South-American style spa - the Faena is the ideal base for a relaxed and stylish foray into Miami Beach life. See More
Four Seasons Hotel at The Surf Club Miami 77 rooms from $525Families - Expect lots of activies for kids such as sandcastle building competitions, poolside entertainment and family excursionsRestaurant - There are four restaurants from casual dining to ItalianSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Kids Club - Fully staffed.
An historic family-friendly 1930s hotel situated on Miami Beach. Beautifully appointed rooms are all white-on-white style while sea-views from the marble rain-shower are a very nice touch. Delicious Italian Restaurant and a grand champagne bar. Old-school glamour and luxury defined! See More
1 Hotel South Beach Miami (South Beach) 426 rooms from $865Families - Kids club on site for the little ones aged 4-12Kids Club - Kids Club focussed on fun activities centered around learning about nature e.g. nature walks, seashell art and bird feedersRestaurant - Two on-site restaurants: Beachcraft and The Sand BoxSwimming Pool - Four pools including rooftop pool
Nature-inspired beachside retreat. Bright, airy rooms with natural woods and a neutral colour palette provide the perfect space to unwind away from the excitement of the city. Rooftop bar to watch the Miami skyline, award-winning restaurant, spectacular sea vistas, gym, spa. See More
Nautilus Miami (South Beach) 250 rooms from $550Outdoor diningRestaurant - The Driftwood Room under culinary direction of China Grill, offers Mediterranean cuisine with fresh Floridian ingredientsSwimming Pool - Palm-fringed heated saltwater outdoor poolOn the beach - Direct beach accessRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
1950s style hotel designed with comfort in mind. Interiors exude casual elegance with marble floors and much natural light. Restaurant serves freshly prepared local food inspired by Mediterranean flavours. Cabanas by the freshwater heated outdoor pool serve snacks and drinks. Gym, spa, sea views. See More
The Villa Casa Casuarina Miami Beach 10 rooms from $793City Style - You can't get more stylish than Versace's house, turned chic hotel on Miami BeachFour poster beds - For romantics.Romantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet
Versace's home turned luxury boutique on the famed Ocean Drive, Miami Beach. This is a treasure trove of remarkable handmade furniture, stained glass windows, murals, exuberant design and over-the-top everything! Not to mention the gold mosaic pool and ornate restaurant dining room. Spectacular! See More