The 15 Most Romantic Hotels in Miami
Miami is a fabulous destination if you're looking for somewhere to whisk off your significant other. Here you can relax on the beach by day, check out the amazing shops, then hit the buzzing nightlife scene in the evening. There are so many romantic hotels in Miami, that it can be difficult to choose. However we've done the hard work and selected a range that should appeal to everyone: from tropical-chic, Latin-influenced getaways, all the way to decadent, all-out luxury resorts. Some have pampering spas, others have superb restaurants, most are very close to, if not on, the beach; but they are all ideal for a couples' getaway. Use our guide to the most romantic hotels in Miami and start planning your cosy holiday a deux!
- Couples love the laid-back, beach-y vibe of The Celino. Art-Deco-inspired, bright, spacious rooms with statement wallpaper and pale wood furnishings. A tropical-chic beachside bar and stylish Italian restaurant make it all the better, and for those who want a romantic bicycle ride to the beach, you can hire the charming vintage hotel bikes.
- The Plymouth is an Art-Deco architectural marvel. Given a makeover by renowned designer Fernando Santangelo, the airy, spacious rooms are plush and modern; some boast free-standing baths, and what could be more romantic than a Juliette balcony? The sushi bar is a local favourite, the bamboo poolside bar is effortlessly tropical-chic, and of course, you can lounge on the private beach.
- A stay at Life House Little Havana is like time-travelling to a corner of 1950s Cuba. There's the leafy, romantic rooftop terrace, and the chic, colonial-inspired interiors that make it one of the most romantic boutiques in Miami. The rooms are coloured off-white and dark-chocolate, using plenty of wood, vintage radios and artwork, and big windows that let in lots of light. With only 33 rooms this is a fairly intimate option too.
For Mediterranean style romance
- If you want a slice of Mediterranean style in the heart of Art-Deco Miami, then Casa Tua is the one to book. A boutique of chic, vintage charm, the rooms promise imtimacy with their white decor, four-posters and European antiques. Al fresco, Italian dining at the restaurant, live music in the cosy bar - oh yes, it's full of heart and soul, and easily one of Miami's most romantic hotels.
For a Secluded island
- FIsher Island Club & Hotel is the ultimate romantic hideaway, a whisper of seclusion, romance and intimacy. The villas and cottages all have courtyards with sunken hot tubs, and inside, the rooms are gently chic, decorated in blues, creams and sunflower yellows. Outside, the world is yours: tennis, swimming pool, private beach access, and two restaurants to choose from.
For great value
- The Angler's is a beautiful example of old Miami architecture, whose interiors have been brought bang up to date. Studios, lofts and suites offer gorgeous light, airy spaces. Couples will love the exclusive VIP status at certain local nightclubs and bars, as well as the private beach concession, and private balconies. Top it all off with a rooftop pool and artisan-chic Minnow Bar, and you've got yourself a deal!
- Another value-chic addition to Miami's romantic hotel scene, Casa Faena is a Mediterranean-inspired hotel with a sumptous, Argentinian-American restaurant. Expect Spanish-tiled flooring in the light and airy rooms, white fabrics fluttering in the gentle breeze. Some rooms have four-posters, and some have private balconies.
- The lovely rooms at Palihouse Miami Beach are furnished with vintage charm: faded apricot walls, antiques, tiled floors. Couples can hire hotel bikes and explore the area; the beach is a short walk away, and the patio, encircling a swimming pool, is the perfect place to chill out.
- The Italians are known to be a romantic people, and Mr C Coconut Grove - run by the famous Italian restauranteur family, the Cipriani's - is no exception. Beach-y, chic and modern, the rooms are Adriatic-blue and white, bathing in a gentle light. One of the most romantic hotels in Miami for those on-a-budget, with the added bonus of the rooftop pool, and the pampering spa. A scrumptious, sumptous stay.
- The Standard Spa Miami is adult-only spa hotel that's a haven of relaxation and intimacy: think hydrotherapy, yoga, Turkish hammams of heated marble, and a temple-like sauna. The minimalist, airy rooms are done in nude woods and floaty drapes in a palette of champagnes and whites. Stunning sea views and a Mediterranean style restaurant complete the picture.
All out luxury
- In many ways, Four Seasons Hotel at The Surf Club resembles a Roman villa with a modern extension. Its marble pillared, leafy lobby, light-filled oceanfront rooms with their sink-into beds and floor-to-ceiling windows, and swimming pool lined with palm trees, make it one of the most romantic hotels in Miami. For a particularly intimate evening out, book a private trip on the hotel's yacht.
- Faena Miami Beach offers sumptuous, over-the-top accommodations overlooking a stretch of private beach. It's not small but this means that the facilities are amazing: al-fresco dining; a sexy, moody, neon-lit bar; three restaurants, extensive spa with huge range of treatments, a steam room that's a work-of-art, and there's even a kids club in case you haven't managed to leave the little ones at home!
- The Mandarin Oriental Miami boasts smart stylish rooms with marble bathrooms and private balconies gazing out to sea, a 20,000 square foot private beachfront - far from the manic crowds, the hustle and bustle of the city. There's a large pool, 3-storey wellness spa, and Peruvian restaurant, as well as bars. Beautiful.
- The Setai is a luxury oceanfront hotel on Miami Beach offering Asian-inspired decor and cuisine. The fine-dining restaurants are garlanded with red cushions and red roses, the spacious, contemporary-meets-Asian rooms and suites are deeply romantic. Plus you can expect a spa, beachside bar, and three swimming pools.. Clearly one of the most romantic hotels in Miami.
- The Villa Casa Casuarina is romantic, decadent and truly unique. Once the beachside home of Gianni Versace, it's an ornate and grandiose affair: paintings of Greek goddesses, a gold mosaic swimming pool, stained glass windows that bathe the rooms in iridescent light, muralled ceilings... Simply stunning!
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Miami.
- Expand your search to the best places to stay in South Beach.
- Check out our list of the best places to stay in the Florida Keys
- Try our collection of the best places to stay in Islamorada
- See our list of the best hotels in Miami Beach,
- Or, contact one of our Gurus for some expert advice.
Palihouse Miami Beach Miami Beach 71 rooms from $120Local exploring - With the best of Miami Beach within easy distance of the hotel, book this chic bolt-hole as a base for local exploringRomantic Break - With retro-style rooms, a sleek outdoor pool and beach service, book this hotel for an indulgent couples' breakBeach Life - Set a stone's throw from Miami Beach, this hotel makes a stylish seaside getawayRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet
This chic, boutique hotel is set in a restored Art Deco building in the most prime area of Miami Beach, a few minutes' walk from the ocean. Oversized, residential-style rooms channel vintage glamour, with tiled floors, antique rugs and eclectic soft furnishings - the perfect beach bolt-hole. See More
Life House Little Havana Miami 33 rooms from $154Local exploring - Set in the vibrant Cuban heart of Miami, this hotel is ideal for guests looking to discover the city's culture and nightlifeRomantic Break - With beautifully appointed suites and romantic rooftop terrace, book this hotel for a unique couples' getawayCity Style - With boutique interiors inspired by urban, tropical estates, this hotel is teeming with chic Miami styleGreat walks - Wander the area and soak in the Latin atmosphere, stopping in at the pretty Máximo Gómez Park - a favourite with localsRecommended by - Design Hotels, Mr & Mrs Smith
Located in the heart of Little Havana, this Miami hotel is inspired by tropical, colonial-style estates. Interiors feel like stepping into 1950s Cuba, with dark-wood accents juxtaposed against off-white walls and vintage radios. The overgrown roof terrace garden completes the Caribbean feel. See More
The Celino Miami Beach 132 rooms from $331Beach Life - With sea views from the beautifully appointed suites and a chic hotel beach bar, book this hotel for a relaxing seaside getawayRomantic Break - The grown-up atmosphere at this Art Deco-inspired bolt-hole is perfect for a romantic escapeLocal exploring - The best bars, restaurants and clubs of Miami Beach are all within walking distanceSights nearby - Head to the South Pointe Pier for great views of Miami and the ocean from this pretty urban parkRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
This new-age bolt-hole is nestled on Ocean Drive in Miami Beach. Art deco-inspired guestrooms have feature walls with boutique wallpaper, pale-wood furnishings and cosy, hand-tufted wool rugs. A beachside bar and stylish Italian restaurant complete this glamorous Miami hotel. See More
Casa Tua Miami (South Beach) from $400Four poster beds - In select roomsKids Club - BabysittingRomantic - Good for couples.Boutique
Relaxed boutique hotel offering ultimate comfort and a familial atmosphere. Mediterranean-inspired design with terracotta tile, wood floors, white sheets and marble evoke the allure of elegant Italy. Exclusive, cosy club and bar. Intimate Italian dining experience in the restaurant and garden. See More
Fisher Island Club & Hotel Miami 15 rooms from $446Sights nearby - All the sights and activities of Miami and Miami Beach are reachable by ferry.Private Hot Tub - Cottage and villa courtyards all have sunken hot tubsRestaurant - Dining at the Beach Club and The Porto CervoViews - Views of the Atlantic ocean.
Secluded but accessible location on private island. The discerning traveller's eye will appreciate the tastefully decorated interiors and carefully landscaped gardens which embrace the property. Golf, tennis, spa, marina. Two restaurants. Take a swim in the outdoor pool or on the private beach. See More
The Setai Miami (South Beach) 130 rooms from $659Outstanding location - On Ocean Drive right by the beach in the centre of Miami's nightlife and shopping districtRestaurant - 4 on-site restaurantsSwimming Pool - Three swimming poolsViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet
Luxury oceanfront hotel in vibrant Miami Beach neighbourhood. Spectacular suites feature rainfall showers, Asian-inspired design and views of the city and the sea. Outdoor pool, spa, massage, gym. Enjoy an unrivalled fine dining experience at any one of the four restaurants and bars, notably Asian. See More
Faena Miami Beach Miami Beach 179 rooms from $495Foodies - With 3 restuarants and a range of cuisines on offer, the Faena boasts exquisite dining options to suit every tasteTotal relaxation - The extensive and impressive spa and range of wellness treatments ensure a thouroughly relaxing experienceFamilies - For a luxury family stay the Faena ticks all the boxes with Kids clubs, baby sitting and moreBeach Life - The Faena is the ideal beach holiday hotel, with a slice of Miami Beach all to itself
Offering rich, decadent and luxurious elegance at every turn, with chic late-deco period styling. Gorgeous rooms, a stretch of private beach, three restaurants, and a huge South-American style spa - the Faena is the ideal base for a relaxed and stylish foray into Miami Beach life. See More
The Standard Spa Miami Miami 100 rooms from $225Spa - A full-service spa presented by renowned 'The Standard' spa chain. In-room treatments available.Restaurant - Organic wines and healthy mediterranean-style food served in the restaurant and on the terrace.Views - Rooms overlooking the gardenSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool and waterfallRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Achingly cool seaside spa-hotel with futuristic interior design, astonishing sea views and state-of-the-art facilities for ultimate indulgence. Minimalist rooms entirely in nude woods and soft fabrics, a palette of whites and champagnes for blissful serenity. Restaurant serves fresh, organic fare. See More
Four Seasons Hotel at The Surf Club Miami 77 rooms from $525Families - Expect lots of activies for kids such as sandcastle building competitions, poolside entertainment and family excursionsRestaurant - There are four restaurants from casual dining to ItalianSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Kids Club - Fully staffed.
An historic family-friendly 1930s hotel situated on Miami Beach. Beautifully appointed rooms are all white-on-white style while sea-views from the marble rain-shower are a very nice touch. Delicious Italian Restaurant and a grand champagne bar. Old-school glamour and luxury defined! See More
The Plymouth Miami 109 rooms from $336Beach Life - Miami Beach life- poolside lounging, killer cocktails, a Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar and private beach spaceGreat walks - Miami Beach’s Botanical Gardens are just down the road and well worth checking outRomantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Tablet
An Art-Deco Miami masterpiece, given a modern facelift by world renowned designer Fernando Santangelo. This vintage gem offers stylish suites with free standing in room tubs, Juliette balconies and muted white on pastel tones. The Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar is a show stopper as is the sun-kissed pool. See More
The Angler's Miami (South Beach) 85 rooms from $235Spa - Spa treatments offered in-room and by the poolRestaurant - fresh local seafood and pastasSwimming Pool - Year-round outdoor poolOutstanding locationRecommended by - Tablet
This Mediterranean revival hotel, a bastion of old Miami architecture, offers a breath of fresh air, discretion and supreme comfort, a sanctuary just a few minutes' walk from the buzz of downtown South Beach. Restaurant, pool, bar, spa treatments. Interiors with light fabrics and natural woods. See More
Mr C Coconut Grove Miami (Coconut Grove) 98 rooms from $159Total relaxation - Complete with a spa, a Bellini Restaurant, a roof top pool and some real Italian hospitality, this is a relaxing stayLocal markets - Wander through the bohemian boutique outlets, and stop for a coffee in one of the cafes, on coconut groveRestaurant - Bellini Restaurant serves wonderful Italian cuisineSwimming Pool - Rooftop poolRecommended by - Tablet
Mandarin Oriental Miami Miami (Brickell) 357 rooms from $415Local exploring - The hotel is just a quick walk or drive to many of Miami’s most bustling neighbourhoods including Downtown and South BeachSpa breaks - With tailormade treatments and extensive spa programs that will restore a sense of harmony to your body, mind and soulFamilies - Spacious rooms with various services suited to family needs- the pool is not to be missedSpa - A three-story, waterfront spa uses the ancient traditions of Chinese, Ayurvedic, European, Balinese and Thai cultures
A rare and secluded resort only a three-minute drive from downtown Miami. Spacious art-deco style rooms come with marble bathrooms. Enjoy spectacular views of Miami's skyline and Biscayne Bay from a private balcony. Complete with a large pool, exclusive beach access and a fantastic wellness spa. See More
Casa Faena Miami 51 rooms from $160Restaurant - Argentinian-American restaurant with relaxed bistro-style atmosphere and idyllic verandaSights nearby - 4 minutes from the Bass Museum of ArtKids Club - Babysitting/childcare availableLively area - In the thick of the action.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Inspired by the relaxed lifestyle of the Mediterranean, rooms are bright and welcoming with Spanish tiled flooring, light fabrics that flutter in the ocean breeze and luxurious four-posters in some rooms. Library, gym. The restaurant serves a delectable combination of American and Argentinian fare. See More
The Villa Casa Casuarina Miami Beach 10 rooms from $793City Style - You can't get more stylish than Versace's house, turned chic hotel on Miami BeachFour poster beds - For romantics.Romantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet
Versace's home turned luxury boutique on the famed Ocean Drive, Miami Beach. This is a treasure trove of remarkable handmade furniture, stained glass windows, murals, exuberant design and over-the-top everything! Not to mention the gold mosaic pool and ornate restaurant dining room. Spectacular! See More