- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ Book Now
The Best Hotels in Central Rome
The Modern Centre of Rome is the city’s hub for nightlife and shopping. It’s also home to the Trevi Fountain and the Capuchin Monastery, a building that is decorated in human skulls. This is also where you’ll find a lot of Rome’s hotels - and there’s really a lot of hotels here. Which is why our Guru’s list of the best hotels in Central Rome might be a godsend to anyone planning a Roman Holiday.
If you’re after historic Rome then you might like to consider our Guru’s list of the best hotels in the heart of Old Rome, but if you’d like to mix your tours of historic treasures and appreciation of fine art with some shopping and a lively evening out or two, then our list of the best hotels in central Rome is for you.
The Best Hotels in Central Rome
The Best Hotels in Central Rome for a City Break
- Close to the Spanish Steps, and with three restaurants, a piano bar and a magnificent roof terrace with spectacular views, the Hotel Valadier is a great choice, along with being a great value choice.
- Or you might try Babuino 181, which is almost right next door, a 24 room, boutique hotel with a fabulous breakfast terrace and easy access to the main shopping streets.
The Best Hotels in Central Rome for Families
- The Due Torri is surprisingly peaceful, consider its central location, and offers 26 elegant rooms and four family apartments, in a building which was once home to Cardinals, Bishops and famous noble families.
- Margutta 54 is a bit different, a sleek collection of six suites with all the mod. cons. which can cater to all types of travellers.
- Or you might also try Mario de Fiori 37, another slick set of four self catering suites and apartments.
The Best Hotels in Central Rome for Luxury
- The Eden is a large and luxurious, five star property with traditional decor and traditional discretion in a great spot that you can really appreciate when dining in the spectacular roof terrace restaurant.
- Or you might try the Hotel de Russie, which has a lovely courtyard and garden, and light, airy rooms, and a spa and pool - despite being in the centre of town.
The Best Hotels in Central Rome for Great Value
- At around £80 per night the Locarno is in a similar price bracket, and is a 1920s era hotel with a lively bar and understated sophistication.
The Best Hotels in Central Rome for Romance
- Crossing Condotti offers an oasis of privacy and luxury, with just six rooms and decor which is a happy marriage between nicely chosen Baroque antiques and a modern canvas.
- Or, if you want the ultimate in romantic luxury, try La Residenza Napoleone, two incredibly opulent apartments dripping in old world romance, with huge oils, taffeta silks and beautiful antiques. They also offer an in-house cook.
The Best Hotels in Central Rome for Something Special
- The Piazza di Spagna 9 is a beautifully designed mansion in the heart of Rome with just six, individually decorated rooms, a Turkish steam bath and its own contemporary art gallery.
- The Portrait Suites, in the fashion district, are a collection of 11 luxurious, boutique style suites with haute couture furniture, kitchenettes, marble bathrooms and private terraces.
If you haven’t found your idea of the best place to stay in Rome on our Guru’s list of the best hotels in central Rome, then you could:
- expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Rome,
- refine your list to great hotels near the Colosseum,
- consider our Guru’s list of the best hotels near the Vatican,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
The Best Hotels in Central Rome
Hotel Valadier 67 rooms from $121Rome
Classic hotel with modern comforts next to Piazza del Popolo and close to the Spanish Steps & Villa Borghese. Three restaurants and a piano bar. The magnificent roof terrace has wonderful views of Rome. Cool bar and classy restaurant Hi-Res with gourmet cuisine. Great location for a short stay.Sights nearby - The Vatican City and Colosseum are three kilometres away but it's a pleasant walk or a short taxi rideBicycles available - The hotel has its own bicycles available for guestsGood wine list - Four hundred different wine labelsViews - Great views from hotel
Eden 121 rooms from $386Rome
A five-star luxury hotel in one of Rome's most exclusive areas. Traditionally furnished rooms exude opulence and old world style with bold fabrics, antiqued furnishings and spectacular views of the city. Unwind in the Piano bar or soak up the skyline in the fine dining rooftop restaurant. Spoiling.Romantic Break - The opulent and enourmous suites are ideal for a couples hideaway, not to mention the romantic rooftop resturant.Local exploring - Perfectly located for exploing the sights of Rome, close enough to travel by foot or bicycle.Great walks - Visit nearby Borghese Gardens for lovely walking gardens, museums and historic buildings.Sights nearby - Close to the Spanish Steps, one of Rome's most famous sights.Recommended by - Fodors, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
Babuino 181 24 rooms from $171Rome
Sleek boutique suites surrounded by designer shopping and next to the Spanish Steps. More private apartment than hotel room. Plush interiors and modern gadgetry. Add to that a fabulous breakfast terrace on the roof and you have a very upmarket and private Roman spot.Designer Shopping - Situated on Rome's most exclusive streetCity StyleRomantic BreakSights nearby - In the heart of the Spanish Steps quarterRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Due Torri 26 rooms from $125Rome
A charming historical hotel just a few steps from Piazza Navona and the Vatican. Surprisingly quiet for its central location, the elegant rooms offer comfortable beds and antique furniture. A true gem with plenty of traditional charm.Local exploring - Location is perfect for those wishing to emerce themsevles in Rome and explore like a local.Historic - Previously the building housed Cardinals, Bishops, and famous noble Roman famillies.Families - Four small apartments are ideal for accommodating families.Great walks - Right in the historic heart of Rome, wander the streets and get a feel for the Eternal City.
Mario de Fiori 37 4 rooms from $295Rome
Gloriously sleek and private self-catering rooms and suites, excellently located near the Spanish steps, equipped with every modern gadget. Bedrooms and suites have their own living areas. Ideal for couples, families, or groups.Sights nearby - Within spitting distance of the Spanish StepsFamiliesRomantic BreakCity StyleRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Crossing Condotti 5 rooms from $230Rome
Luxury oasis near the Spanish Steps that marries modern décor with well-chosen baroque antiques. Five intimate rooms and one junior suite with original beamed ceilings, polished wooden floors, enormous beds and tasteful artworks. Elegant and chic, with a very hospitable concierge.Sights nearby - Steps away from the Piazza di Spagna in the centre of RomeFour poster beds - For romantics.
Locarno 83 rooms from $240Rome
A 1920s Art Nouveau styled hotel oozing character and offering prime positioning. Spacious, beautifully designed rooms with mod-cons and excellent business facilities. The lively bar attracts a local and fun crowd. Perfect for a romantic weekend.Romantic Break - Chic decor, central location and romantic rooftop bar make this an ideal getaway for two!Local exploring - Use the free hotel bikes to explore the historic city centre like a local.Great walks - Just five minutes away you'll find Villa Borghese, the third largest public park in Rome.Sights nearby - Check out the iconic Piazza del Popolo, located just a few minutes from the hotel.
La Residenza Napoleone 2 rooms from $762Rome
Incredibly opulent apartment suites drenched in old world Italian romance. Huge oil paintings, taffeta silks, lavish beds, Baroque furniture, antique lighting and romantic pastels covering the walls. Each suite has a kitchenette, private terrace, in-house cook and access to a concierge service.OpulentRomantic BreakRomantic - Good for couples.LuxuryRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, I Escape
Hotel de Russie 122 rooms from $429Rome
Beautiful contemporary Roman hotel overlooking the Piazza del Popolo. Plush rooms are light and airy, many of them feature courtyard garden views. Luxury with style, great food and a spa and pool. A grown up city escape.Garden - Stunning terraced gardens where you can dine during the summer months.Restaurant - Recommended.Spa - Featuring hydropool and Turkish steam bath.Sights nearby - 10 minutes walk from The Spanish Steps.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
Piazza di Spagna 9 6 rooms from $316Rome
Located in the heart of Rome, this designer Mansion is uniquely decorated and boasts its very own contemporary art gallery. There are six individually decorated guest rooms and a Turkish steam bath for relaxing after a day's sightseeing. The perfect blend of contemporary and classic Roman elegance.Sights nearby - Just next to The Spanish Steps and Fontana di TreviDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Four poster beds - For romantics.