- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Misiones
In the North Eastern tip of Argentina, Misiones Province nestles between Paraguay and Brazil. The area was the site of Catholic missionary activity through the 17th century and today there are still traces of this in the World Heritage Site ruins. And of course, in the Western corner of the province there lives a spectacle that has to be seen to be believed. Iguazú Falls marks the country's Northern border and also holds the title for the largest waterfall system in the world. This incredible natural phenomenon is sure to take your breath away, not just due to its size but also its spectacular beauty. A must visit. We’ve selected the best places to stay in Misiones Province to take it all in!
For the warmest, driest weather aim to visit between December and March. But if you’re going to Iguazú best take a raincoat regardless of the season, with great falls come great splashes!
What not to miss:
- Take a whole day to explore Iguazú Falls as the surrounding parkland is almost as stunning as the main attraction.
- The size and beauty of the Ruinas de San Ignacio is sure to surprise you. An interesting and archeologically impressive testament to the areas religious history.
- Spend a day or evening in the water-front Costanera area in Posadas. Great cafes and restaurants surround the clean and friendly spot.
And for the best places to stay to make the most of the Misiones Province:
For the Iguazu Falls
- Iguazu Jungle Lodge sits on the outskirts of Puerto Iguazú and is a great place from which to explore the area. Bright and fun décor adds to the charm of the hotel, along with great views over the rain forest and a fantastic selection of wines!
For a jungle hideaway
- Situated some 50 miles to the east of Iguazu, Yacutinga Lodge provides a stunning base for those interested in seeing a bit more than just the famous falls. You are in the heart of the rainforest with endless flora and fauna to be admired, plus you can learn from the native Guarani people. A wonderful back to nature experience.
- On the southern edge of Misiones you can enjoy a back to nature experience at Yucuma Lodge. Accommodation is in charming individual wooden bungalows and with their hillside location, you'll feel like you're staying amid the jungle canopy.
- For a grown up stay in the heart of the Misiones forest, book El Soberbio Lodge. There are just four suites with a rustic chic vibe and verandahs leading out to the garden. Borrow a bike or kayak from reception and explore at your leisure or simply have a day off relaxing by the pool. Bliss!
For self catering accommodation
- If you think that your needs would be better served by a self catering property, we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com for a comprehensive selection.
- Misiones enjoys a fairly steady year round subtropical climate (warm and wet) with temperatures peaking at around the mid thirties celcius. But if you want to avoid the worst rain, don't visit in August or September.
- You can fly to Posadas (the capital of Misiones) from Buenos Aires. Alternatively if you're going to the Iguazu Falls area you should fly to Iguazu - there are two airports within striking distance, one in Argentina and one in Brazil.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Misiones
Yacutinga Lodge 20 rooms from £119Misiones
An eco lodge set in the Argentine rain forest. Secluded cabins have an organic feel with earthy hues, uneven lines and natural materials. The resident chef makes imaginative dishes with the local organic produce. A Robinson Crusoe like experience just with a reassuring amount of luxury. Fabulous.Back to Nature - Located within the jungle in the subtropical rainforest near the Iguazú Falls.Birdwatching - This area is filled with stunning birdlife, sit out on the terrace and see what you can spot.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.Outstanding locationRecommended by - I Escape
Yucuma Lodge 6 rooms from £83Misiones
A luxurious jungle hideaway with epic panoramic views. Individual wooden bungalows ooze character and style with linen draped four poster beds, large terraces and hammocks. A raised infinity pool is the perfect place to unwind after a day of adventure. Feast on regional specialities. Fabulous.Back to Nature - Feel the call of the wild in the heart of jungle Misiones.Sailing - Take a guided boat tour down the Caíco.Restrictions on children - Children older than 12 are welcome.Full of character
Iguazu Jungle Lodge 15 rooms from £172Misiones
A charming hotel boasting wonderful views over the subtropical rain forest. Well proportioned rooms feature floor to ceiling windows, brightly coloured walls and contemporary furniture. Dine on regional cuisine and sample wines from the extensive cellar. An ideal base for exploring the region.Back to Nature - Surrounded by beautiful gardens and lush tropical rainforest, head into the jungle or take a trip to the falls.Sailing - Take a relaxing cruise down the Iguazú and Paraná rivers.Great walks - Take ecological walks through the Iguazú National Park.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.
El Soberbio Lodge 6 rooms from £69El Soberbio, Misiones
A stunning lodge nestled in the heart of the forest of Misiones. Cleverly designed architecture brings the outdoors inside. Rooms feature warm hues, lively artwork and large floor to ceiling windows. Sample Argentine cuisine in secluded spots, whilst sipping on regional wines. A rural idyl.Back to Nature - Situated in the heart of the forest of Misiones and with the Uruguay River nearby.Birdwatching - This area is filled with a huge range of wildlife and birds to be observed.Kayaking - Take a guided kyak down the Soberbio stream.Restrictions on children - Adult only.