- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Puerto Libertad
About Puerto Libertad
Puerto Libertad is a small town in the Misiones province of north eastern Argentina, just across the river from Paraguay, and a mere 25km from the stunning Iguazu Falls. The best places to stay in Puerto Libertad provide a good base for both visiting the falls and exploring further afield.
Puerto Libertad was established and settled in the late nineteenth century to service factories which had grown up surrounding the harvesting and processing of Yerba Mata (a herbal tea like drink, extremely popular in South America and also Portugal and Spain). A major source of the herb is the river Parana which runs by the town. A short drive away are the Iguazu Falls which are the largest waterfall system in the world - a truly spectacular spot surrounded by rainforest. Nowadays most people come to Puerto Libertad en route to the falls or to enjoy some rainforest relaxation.
What not to miss
- Puerto Libertad is a great pitstop en route to the Iguaza Falls, so don't miss out on the chance to relax in and amongst the incredible rainforest setting
Our pick of the best places to stay in Puerto Libertad offer an escape from modern day life.
Best places to stay in Puerto Libertad
For a jungle retreat
- Don Puerto Bemberg Lodge is a chic boutique lodge within its own rainforest! The style is colonial with dark wood bedrooms and bold splashes of colour. The restaurant has an extensive menu, plus there's a library and great views of the majestic Parana river. This a back to the wild experience without sacrificing the luxuries!
For an apartment or villa
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- The hot season in Puerto Libertad goes from November through until March, with temperatures ranging from 22-32 degrees celsius. However, this time of year also experiences the most rainfall.
- The closest airport to Puerto Libertad is Cataratas International Airport, a 42 km and 40 minute drive from the town
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Puerto Libertad
Don Puerto Bemberg Lodge 14 rooms from £192Puerto Libertad
A chic boutique lodge boasting its own rain forest. Colonial courtyards and dark wood bedrooms, with bold splashes of colour. With a substantial menu, great library and amazing views of Parana river. Half an hour from Iguazu Falls and in reach of Jesuit missionary ruins.Total relaxation - For those less adventurous there is ample opportunity for poolside lounging and pampering treatments.Back to Nature - Surrounded by lush gardens and wildlife filled jungle, a real back to the wild expereience.Foodies - Feast on gourmet dishes served up from the lodge's own produce, heaven!Birdwatching - A 20m watchtower and observation deck provide perfect vantage points to view hummingbirds, toucans, hawks, parakeets etc.Recommended by - I Escape