- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in Brisbane
If it's not enough for Brisbane to be right up against the beaches of one of the world's most beautiful coastlines, it has also made a beach of its riverbank! The Brisbane River has a meandering route through town and carves up the city into distinct neighbourhoods. Choosing the best places to stay in Brisbane is a matter of following the river along and deciding whether you'd prefer chic Paddington on the hill, exclusive New Farm on the peninsular, or the fun-loving, low-lying West End.
What Not to miss:
- With Brisbane's surfeit of beaches comes the sunshine and the often tropical feeling humidity which fuels a laid-back, relaxed vibe, a great open-air dining and drinking scene.
- The shiny casinos and visitor attractions are relatively new - money was poured into the city for Expo '88, and Dream World, Sea World and Movie World lend Brisbane a 'Florida Down Under' feel - hence the local nickname, Bris-vegas.
- But that is just one part of town. If you're looking for charming old Queenslanders, colonial architecture and local arts and culture then you'll not be disappointed.
- You will also find a city rich with tropical gardens and welcoming public spaces - Brisbane is a wonderful place for a stroll.
Plus the city is just a short drive from national parks, wildlife sanctuaries and, of course, that long, exquisite strip of sand. The best places to stay in Brisbane also make great bases for exploring the great outdoors.
The Best places to stay in Brisbane
For a sunny city break
- In the heart of the nightlife district, the Limes Hotel has just 21 rooms, designed for the sophisticated party-goer. Small, but comfortably furnished, rooms have their own kitchenettes, perfect for mixing cocktails, or you can have one mixed for you in the rooftop bar with its two plunge pools.
- The Emporium Hotel is vibrant and fun with a fabulous rooftop pool with city views. There is easy access to bars and restaurants.
- Centrality and chicness are two of the big selling points at the Next Hotel. With stylish rooms and a buzzy rooftop bar and pool, it's the perfect launchpad for a lively visit in the sunny city.
- Spicers Balfour is a stylish nine room boutique hotel in New Farm which is right by the river. Rooms are set around a lush courtyard and tropical gardens.There is a spa to make sure you are suitably relaxed at all times. Perfectly situated just 15 minutes walk from the centre of town.
For a private flat or apartment
- For a place all to yourself in the city, visit our online partners Booking.com.
- Brisbane and the Queensland area is serviced by Brisbane Airport.
- For car hire, we recommend visiting our online partner Rentalcars.
- Famous for sunshine, the best time to visit Brisbane is from August to November where the average temperatures range from 23 to 29 degrees.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Brisbane
Emporium Hotel 102 rooms from £107Brisbane (Fortitude Valley)
This contemporary hotel is vibrant and fun inside which adds to the character and charm. A rooftop swimming pool with views across the city is the perfect way to unwind. Easy access to shops within the precinct and the city's top bars, restaurants and sights.Swimming Pool - Rooftop pool with sauna and loungersViews - Great views from hotelSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Fodors
Limes Hotel 21 rooms from £123Brisbane (Fortitude Valley)
Situated in the centre of the city's entertainment and nightlife district "the valley", this is a designer hotel for the sophisticated party-goer. Comfortable rooms with kitchenettes are uniquely furnished. Have a cocktail in the buzzing rooftop bar with two plunge pools.Sights nearby - Close to Brisbane River and central BrisbaneRestrictions on children - Must be over 18Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet
Spicers Balfour 9 rooms from £124Brisbane (New Farm)
This chic and stylish boutique hotel in Brisbane offers nine large, spacious contemporary rooms. The rooms are set around gardens and a courtyard. With a luxury spa and an in-hotel personalised service to match, this is the perfect place for both business and pleasure.Sights nearby - Only a 15 minute walk to Brisbane city centreRestrictions on childrenSpaLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Tablet, Fodors
Next Hotel 304 rooms from £136Brisbane
A chic contemporary hotel in a fantastic downtown location. The simple, modern bedrooms feature crisp lines, lovely bathrooms and city views. Small fitness suite and a rooftop pool with bar. Convenience is top priority with 24 hour check in option and loads of restaurants and shops on the doorstep.City Style - We love the funky Brisbane-themed artworks, fantastic food, city views from the rooftop pool and laid back chic vibe.Great walks - This hotel sits right in the centre of the action, head out the door and wander in any direction to discover Brisbane.Views - Great views from hotelLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet