Search the best hotels in Queensland
Queensland has a lot more to offer than perfect beaches, but even if you don't make it further inland to the mountain ranges, sugar cane fields and dry mining towns, it's hard not to fall in love with this tourist darling. The best places to stay in Queensland are sprinkled throughout the laid-back centres and further out onto the reef and into the isolated and pristine far north. The accommodation choice is vast with everything from luxury rainforest lodges, to ultra-modern Brisbane stays or even your own little island hideaway.
All our Queensland collections:
For most visitors to Australia, Queensland - the 'Sunshine State' - is a much looked forward to part of their adventures. This is where Australia's coastline of tropical paradise can be found, and there really is a beach for everyone. At the southern end, the beaches are golden, whilst the northern beaches are made of minuscule granules of bright white coral. On one side of this sand barrier are the dense green palaces of rainforest, and on the other the dazzling colours of the Great Barrier Reef.
The Daintree Rainforest is the oldest in the world and is crammed full of stunning scenery and an incredible array of flora and fauna. For that Robinson Crusoe feeling, go island hopping in the Whitsundays. Then spend a few days exploring Brisbane, which has been voted Australia's most liveable city.
Where to stay - which city/area?
- Apparently, it's not enough for state capital Brisbane to be right up against the beaches of one of the world's most beautiful coastlines, it's also made a beach of its riverbank. With Brisbane's surfeit of beaches comes the sunshine, and the often tropical feeling humidity, which fuels a laid-back, relaxed vibe, with a great open-air dining and drinking scene.
- Gold Coast is where to stay for keen surfers (though there's plenty for beginners too) as this is where you'll find some of the best waves on the East Coast.
- Cairns is another laid-back, visitor friendly, tropical town. It's also close to the Great Barrier Reef, the magical Daintree Rainforest and hippy town Kuranda, and for many people, Cairns is the beginning or the end of a journey up Australia's east coast. As well as being a great base for some fantastic day trips, Cairns is also becoming a bit of an adventure capital, with diving, sailing, skydiving, hang gliding, ballooning, kayaking, whale watching and mountain biking all on offer.
- Sandwiched between the reef and the rainforest, Port Douglas is a higher end piece of paradise, complete with a charming village, lovely marina, great bars, fantastic Sunday markets and some truly excellent cafes and restaurants. Port Douglas is just an hour from the outer reef and an hour and a half from Cape Tribulation, so it's an amazing place to try your hand at sailing or fishing and there are numerous things to do in and around the beaches and the rainforests.
- If you're interested in Queensland's islands, then the Whitsunday Group, sprinkled down the Queensland coast and surrounded by the calm, bright blue waters of the Coral Sea and the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef, might be your idea of paradise. Most of the Whitsunday Islands are designated national parks (69 of the 74 islands are entirely national parkland) - both on and offshore, hence the small number which are inhabited. And only seven of the islands in the group have accommodation options, ranging from camping on Hook Island to exclusive private island resorts.
- Other island destinations that we'd recommend looking at include Haggerstone Island (a secluded retreat some 600km north of Cairns) Bedarra Island (a tropical paradise for barefoot luxury) or Heron Island (another secluded island resort surrounded by deep blue waters).
Our selection of the best places to stay in Queensland ranges far and wide. Use our guide and start to plan your trip!
The best places to stay in Queensland
For Brisbane city breaks
- In the heart of the nightlife district, the Limes Hotel has just 21 rooms, designed for the sophisticated party-goer. Small, but comfortably furnished, rooms have their own kitchenettes, perfect for mixing cocktails, or you can have one mixed for you in the rooftop bar with its two plunge pools.
- The Emporium Hotel is vibrant and fun, with a fabulous rooftop pool with city views, and easy access to bars and restaurants.
- Spicers Balfour is a stylish nine room boutique hotel in New Farm, right by the river. Rooms are set around a lush courtyard and tropical gardens. And there's a spa, to make sure you're suitably relaxed at all times. You're also just 15 minutes walk from the centre of town.
For The Great Barrier Reef
- Hayman Island is a private island resort about three miles by five in size, on the outer edge of the Whitsunday group, right on the reef. Rooms, suites, villas and penthouses are luxurious, each with a balcony looking out to sea.
- Mungumby Lodge, a family owned and run hotel set in lush tropical gardens, has bundles of charm. Ten wooden bungalows are minimal but authentically chic, and offer complete privacy. In a great situation for exploring Aboriginal art as well as the Great Barrier Reef. A great choice for families.
For urban luxury
- Palazzo Versace - if you're not au fait with Italian fashion house Versace, you will be after a stay in this luxe hotel in the Gold Coast where all the furnishings come from their home collection. With huge rooms and top amenities including Australia's only water salon, the result is a totally indulgent hotel experience.
- Capriole Estate is situated between the mountains and the sea, just north of Sunshine Coast, and offers a range of self-catering accommodation options on this working farm, each with great views out to Mount Eerwah. Plus there's a pool and outdoor verandas, as well as communal dining areas. Perfect for families or large groups.
- Lotusbird Lodge is situated on a billabong six hours north of Cairns on the Cape York peninsula, in a tropical wildlife haven, with over 200 species of birds in the area. Ten simple yet comfortable, wooden cabins have private bathrooms and verandas. Ideal for an inexpensive outback adventure.
- Haggerstone Island - Roy and Anna Turner have spent twenty years creating the ultimate barefoot luxury resort. There are four huts built with local materials set along the beach of this stunning island, and all food is grown or caught on the island, and freshly prepared. A once in a lifetime experience.
- Peppers Ruffles Lodge and Spa - set high in the Gold Coast Hinterland, this luxury hotel offers a range of suites and villas with magnificent views out to sea or over Tambourine Mountain. An infinity pool, deluxe spa and three acre garden ensure a peaceful and intimate experience.
For a luxurious retreat
- Spicers Peak Lodge, with a setting to die for in Queensland's Scenic Rim, is a luxury lodge offering suites and private villas for the ultimate retreat. There's an award winning restaurant, top notch spa, swimming pool & tennis court. Plus 4wd tours, guided eco tours and helicopter flights.
- Silky Oaks Lodge is a luxury eco lodge on the banks of the Mossman River. Accommodation in stunning treehouses, suites and a riverhouse. Elegant interiors feature hardwood floors, sumptuous en suites and verandahs overlooking the rainforest. Delicious food in the Treehouse Restaurant, and Healing Waters Spa for chilling.
- Lizard Island is a luxury hotel boasting epic sea views. Find utter tranquillity in the simply dressed rooms; all white on white with plenty of light, dark wooden floors and large terraces (the best have plunge pools). Feast on exemplary seafood dishes in the restaurant and spend days exploring the reef. Superb.
- InterContinental Sanctuary Cove is a luxury Gold Coast hotel on the banks of the Coomera River marina in a 1940s building. Rooms are large and light, with sleigh beds and wooden floors overlooking the marina and lush tropical gardens. Plus you'll find an acclaimed golf course and one acre lagoon beach.
For a lively property
- QT Gold Coast - this jazzy hotel has gone in for vibrant and retro decor, matching its lively central location in the heart of Surfers Paradise. With the beach a stone's throw away, sea-facing rooms have spectacular ocean views, whilst others face the mountains. Fantastic spa on the lower level.
- Next Hotel is a chic contemporary hotel in a fantastic downtown Brisbane location. The simple, modern bedrooms feature crisp lines, lovely bathrooms and city views. There's a small fitness suite and a rooftop pool with a bar. Convenience is top priority with 24 hour check in option and loads of restaurants and shops on the doorstep.
For a relaxing beach break
- The Shangri-La Hotel, Cairns is a five star luxury resort with all the trappings. You're right on the edge of the marina, with views over the water, the lush, topical hotel gardens or Cairns itself. As well as the peaceful spot, there are excellent facilities, including a fitness centre, and of course, waterfront dining.
- An oldy but a goody, the Whitsunday Islands' Daydream Island Resort and Spa is a large resort known for family relaxation. There's a choice of spas, pools and restaurants and plenty of opportunities to explore the reef, or just relax on the beautiful, white, sandy beaches.
- Sheraton Mirage Gold Coast - direct access to the beach, numerous swimming pools, and a spa and fitness centre are just some of the top facilities available at Gold Coast's only 5* hotel. Spacious & stylish rooms and suites many with sea views, and great seafood buffet at Terraces Restaurant.
- Royal Pines Resort - close to Surfers Paradise Beach is this resort offering spacious double rooms, a spa, gym and tennis courts. Family friendly with adjoining rooms available and separate pool areas and slides for kids. Perfect for golf lovers as there's a 27 hole course on site.
For an island paradise
- Qualia is a small, stylish resort, offering the ultimate beachside resort experience. As well as the perfect beach, luxury spa and numerous private pools, Qualia is surrounded by lush tropical rainforest - a proper island paradise.
- The Hamilton Island Yacht Club Villas are a collection of luxurious, self contained villas, each with four ensuite bedrooms, kitchen and laundry facilities, and all opening out onto the beach with views of the Whitsundays. You're also close to the Hamilton Island Marina.
- The Palm Bay Resort is on Long Island, just off the mainland, and offers luxurious self catering accommodation in light, airy rooms with stunning views.
- Bedarra Island Resort features eight stunning villas nestled in the rainforest and looking out to the beach on this beautiful tropical island off the Queensland coast. With its emphasis on sustainability, this is the ultimate place for barefoot luxury and relaxation.
- The location of this resort cannot be beaten - Heron Island is a World Heritage listed site surrounded by coral reef, and a wildlife haven. Guests are invited to switch off from the outside world (there's no internet or tv in the luxurious rooms) and explore this breathtakingly beautiful place.
For an apartment or villa
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - we recommend you visit our online partner, Booking.com for a great selection of properties to suit holidays of all types.
- Fly to Brisbane Airport or Cairns Airport, both of which have a wide choice of both domestic and international flights.
- Alternatively, catch a train with rail links within the region and to Sydney.
- If you want to rent a car to explore Queensland, click here for prices and booking with our online partner, Rentalcars.
- Best time to visit - the winter months from June to September for pleasant temperatures and typically less rainfall.
Still not sure where to book?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Queensland,
- Alternatively, expand your search to include our recommendations in New South Wales or Victoria
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Queensland
Best Hotels in Queensland
Adina Apartment Hotel, Brisbane Brisbane City 220 rooms from £70Local exploring - Perfectly located just 10 minutes from Central station and within easy access of Victoria Bridge and SouthbankValue chic - Despite its obvious grandeur, with rooms starting at $90 this is an affordable spotLuxury - A heritage Art Deco building beuatifully converted into a very smart luxury hotelSailing - Take a cruise down the river and enjoy the city views
This striking art deco building in central Brisbane has been cleverly converted into a sleek luxury hotel. Spacious apartments are utterly modern with large picture frame windows lending glorious city views. The old bank's vaults have been converted into a bar and there's a fabulous restaurant too. See More
Shangri-La Hotel, Cairns Cairns (Pierpoint Road) 256 rooms from £96GymLively area - Located on MarinaSailing - Can be booked nearby.Spa
Five star luxury with all the trappings. Large and spacious rooms all with balconies with views either over the city, gardens or bay. Excellent facilities including outdoor pool, fitness centre and spa, and waterfront dining. A great spot on the Marina away from the main street. See More
Daydream Island Resort and Spa Whitsunday Islands 296 rooms from £97Great walks - In the rainforestViews - Out to reefSailing - Can be booked nearby.Outstanding locationRecommended by - Fodors
Capriole Estate Queensland from £102Secluded setting - For escaping.Hideaway - Tranquil and intimate.Great walks - Good for walkers.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Situated between the mountains and the sea, there are a range of self-catering accommodation options available on this working farm, with great views out to Mount Eerwah. With a pool and outdoor verandas, as well as communal dining areas. Perfect for families or large groups. See More
QT Gold Coast Gold Coast 297 rooms from £102Restaurant - Two on site restaurants, one serving Sushi and TeppanyakiTennis - 2 tennis courtsSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Mr & Mrs Smith
This jazzy hotel has gone in for vibrant and retro decor, matching its lively central location in the heart of Surfers Paradise. With the beach a stone's throw away, sea-facing rooms have spectacular ocean views, whilst others face the mountains. Fantastic spa on the lower level. See More
InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Gold Coast (Hope Island) 243 rooms from £102Sights nearby - Gold coast theme parks such as Dreamworld and Warner Bros MovieworldViews - Coomera River marinaTennisSpa
One Thornbury Brisbane 6 rooms from £81Local exploring - Well positioned right on the edge of the city centre offering easy access to the city's restaurants, shops and to ChinatownValue chic - Smart contemporary interiors and plenty of space offered at surprisingly reasonable ratesSailing - The hotel organises rivercruises with a partner company
A heritage cottage well situated in a quiet neighbourhood just on the edge of the city centre. Individually styled interiors are gone with the old and in with the new. Bright and bold with large modern artworks and sleek bathrooms. Breakfasts are served on the terrace. A homely, yet chic, stay. See More
By the Sea Port Douglas Port Douglas 26 rooms from £83Beach Life - Set on the coast in Port Douglas, next to miles of sandy beaches, book this hotel for a relaxing seaside breakLocal exploring - Set between the sea and the town, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploring in Port DouglasFamilies - This hotel has great facilities for families, with large family suites available and a kid's poolSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
This chic, four-star hotel offers accommodation neighbouring four miles of sandy beach in Port Douglas. The bright guestrooms are loosely nautical themed, with blue and white linens and quirky wall art. The hotel's spacious apartments are great for families, with self-catering and sit-out terraces. See More
Emporium Hotel Brisbane (Fortitude Valley) 102 rooms from £107Swimming Pool - Rooftop pool with sauna and loungersViews - Great views from hotelSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Restaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - Fodors
The Johnson Brisbane (Spring Hill) 96 rooms from £92City Style - A very luxurious contemporary hotel offering spacious suites an enormous pool and superb restaurantBoutique - The hotel takes its design cues from famed Australian abstract artist, Michael JohnsonShort fly break - Located just 14km from Brisbane airport this is a great option for short staysSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Edward Lodge Brisbane (New Farm) 10 rooms from £95Local exploring - A chic stay in the gentrified area of New Farm, surrounded by trendy cafes, bars, and boutiquesBoutique - A chic boutique decorated with ikat fabrics and featuring added luxury touchesSailing - Use the city's ferries to explore the city from the river
Limes Hotel Brisbane (Fortitude Valley) 21 rooms from £123Sights nearby - Close to Brisbane River and central BrisbaneRestrictions on children - Must be over 18Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet
Situated in the centre of the city's entertainment and nightlife district "the valley", this is a designer hotel for the sophisticated party-goer. Comfortable rooms with kitchenettes are uniquely furnished. Have a cocktail in the buzzing rooftop bar with two plunge pools. See More
Royal Pines Resort Gold Coast (Benowa) 331 rooms from £124Swimming Pool - Kids areas and slidesSailing - Can be booked nearby.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Spicers Balfour Brisbane (New Farm) 9 rooms from £124Sights nearby - Only a 15 minute walk to Brisbane city centreRestrictions on childrenLocal markets - Good for local colour.BoutiqueRecommended by - Tablet, Fodors
The Point, Brisbane Brisbane (Kangaroo Point) 201 rooms from £105Local exploring - Kangaroo District sits conveniently between CBD and New Farm areas giving easy access to the best museums, restaurants and barsWeddings - A range of event spaces and catering arranged, this is a great choice for an urban wedding of upto to 120 peopleSights nearby - Stroll up to Kangaroo Point Cliffs and enjoy a picnic and the city viewsSailing - Jump on the complimentary CityHopper ferry and explore the city by boat
A sleek hotel offering spacious rooms and suites in the central area of Kangaroo Point. Rooms feature sliding glass doors leading onto private terraces, luxurious bathrooms and minimalist style with a touch of retro. Featuring a large pool and a restaurant serving modern Aussie dishes; a chic stay. See More
Alex Perry Hotel & Apartments Brisbane (Fortitude Valley) 143 rooms from £105Families - With a private feel, fully equipped kitchens and different sized units - this is ideal for a family city crashpadCity Style - Contemporary urban spaces - that apartments offer the feel of your own pad in a luxury settingValue chic - Studio apartments are offered at surprisingly reasonable rates for the facilities you getSwimming Pool - Roof terrace pool
Next Hotel Brisbane 304 rooms from £136City Style - We love the funky Brisbane-themed artworks, fantastic food, city views from the rooftop pool and laid back chic vibe.Great walks - This hotel sits right in the centre of the action, head out the door and wander in any direction to discover Brisbane.Views - Great views from hotelLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet
A chic contemporary hotel in a fantastic downtown location. The simple, modern bedrooms feature crisp lines, lovely bathrooms and city views. Small fitness suite and a rooftop pool with bar. Convenience is top priority with 24 hour check in option and loads of restaurants and shops on the doorstep. See More
Sheraton Mirage Gold Coast Gold Coast (Main Beach) 295 rooms from £137Swimming Pool - Indoor lap pool, outdoor heated pool and separate children's poolRestaurant - Terraces restaurant features a superb seafood buffetOn the beach - Direct beach accessSailing - Can be booked nearby.
Mungumby Lodge Cooktown Cape York, Queensland 10 rooms from £145Outstanding location - Located on northern edge of Mankal-Mangkalba National Park, borders famous Black Mountain (260 million year old rock formation)Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool overlooking the rainforestGreat walks - To rainforest and deserted beachesSights nearby - James Cook museum, Botanic Gardens
Set in lush tropical gardens, this family owned and run hotel has bundles of charm. Ten wooden bungalows are minimal but authentically chic, and offer complete privacy. In a great situation for exploring Aboriginal art as well as the Great Barrier Reef. A great choice for families. See More
Palm Bay Resort Whitsunday Islands from £145On the beach - Private beachfrontBarefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.Views - Great views from hotelOutstanding location
Lotusbird Lodge Queensland 10 rooms from £150Birdwatching - Over 200 species of birdsGreat walks - Good for walkers.All inclusive - The price includes all meals including packed lunches if you're off exploring for the day.Back to Nature
Situated on a billabong six hours north of Cairns on the Cape York peninsula, this lodge is set in a tropical wildlife haven, with over 200 species of birds in the area. Ten simple yet comfortable, wooden cabins have private bathrooms and verandas. Ideal for an inexpensive outback adventure. See More
Cow Bay Home Stay Queensland 2 rooms from £117Back to Nature - Set within the Daintree Rainforest and walking distance from a secluded beachGreat walks - Self-guided or guided walks can be arranged around the many rainforest trailsDiving - Dive, snorkel and scuba around the Great Barrier Reef, or go on guided toursKayaking - Sea kayaking can be arranged
Set in the World Heritage Daintree Rainforest, off the main tourist trail and just 15 minutes' walk to the stunning Cow Bay, a cosy and charming retreat. With a strong eco ethos, built and maintained in sustainable methods. An ideal base from which to explore the many activities on offer. See More
Heron Island Heron Island 109 rooms from £154Great walks - Free guided reef walks, island ecology walks and bridlife walksOutstanding location - Island is surrounded by a reefViews - Great views from hotelSecluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Fodors
The location of this resort cannot be beaten - Heron Island is a World Heritage listed site surrounded by coral reef, and a wildlife haven. Guests are invited to switch off from the outside world (there's no internet or tv in the luxurious rooms) and explore this breathtakingly beautiful place. See More
Daintree Manor B&B Queensland 3 rooms from £122Back to Nature - Move back in time into the ancient rainforest environment for a rare glimpse of primitive flora and faunaKayaking - Join a guided sea kayaking group at Cape Tribulation for a different perspective of the Daintree coast and marine lifeBirdwatching - The Daintree abounds with an amazing variety of birdlife. See waterbirds by taking an early morning river cruiseGreat walks - Choose between guided and self-guided walks and appreciate the unique features the rainforest has to offer
An intimate 3 bedroom B&B. Rooms have en-suite bathrooms and access to the verandah with stunning views. Breakfast provided, and there are many dining options in the Daintree area. The B&B provides comprehensive information on activities such as guided walks, river cruises, sea kayaking and riding. See More
Ovolo The Valley Brisbane (Fortitude Valley) 103 rooms from £130City Style - As hip as the precinct that it is set in - think full cocktail making equipment in-room, vibrant design, and a roof terrace poolLocal exploring - Located in the cool Fortitude Valley surrounded by boutiques, restaurants and Brisbane's best galleries and museumsRestaurant - Za Za Ta, Middle Eastern & MediterraneanSwimming Pool - Roof terrace poolRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
A luxury hotel set in the hip Fortitude Valley precinct. Spacious rooms feature indulgent bathrooms complete with rain showers, superb city views and added quirks such as a complete cocktail making set. A french cafe serves up barista-crafted coffee and there's a roof terrace pool. Very chic. See More
The Fantauzzo Brisbane CBD 166 rooms from £136City Style - A luxury art hotel offering some of Brisbane's finest views across Story BridgeArtworks - Vincent Fantauzzo's superbly realistic portraits adorn the wallsGreat walks - Take a stroll along Brisbane's riverwalk that starts right outside the propertySwimming Pool - Roof terrace pool
Ovolo Inchcolm Brisbane (Spring Hill) 50 rooms from £140Local exploring - Located beside the cbd district and offering easy access to both the city and the Golden Coast beachesCity Style - A heritage building with cool 50s inspired designFull of characterDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
A grand heritage building, once a medical centre, and now a trendy stay in the CBD district. Rooms keep their traditional feel with high ceilings and old sash windows but there's music inspired art and all the mod-cons. The atmospheric salon-bar is a real draw. A convenient and desirable stay. See More
Epiphyte B&B Queensland 6 rooms from £144Back to Nature - In the heart of the Daintree World Heritage National Park with lush tropical rainforest as your surroundsKayaking - Scenic canoeing trips can be organised from the propertyGreat walks - Take a guided tropical rainforest hikeOutstanding location
This B&B offers rooms with private balconies and is just a 5 minute drive from the beaches of Cow Bay. With a strong eco ethos and fantastic location in the heart of the Daintree World Heritage Park. Explore beaches and waterholes, the Great Barrier Reef and the rainforest with its ancient flora. See More
The Star, Gold Coast Gold Coast (Broadbeach QLD 4218) 596 rooms from £147Local exploring - The Star is conveniently close to the terminus of the Gold Coast tram service which runs north to Surfers Paradise and beyondBeach Life - Set on the small Broadbeach Island, with a patrolled surf beach just under a mile (1 km) awaySpa breaks - With a luxurious fully-serviced spa, massage and beauty treatmentsOpulent - Reception is hung with giant silver chandeliers over a dramatic black-and-white carpet, with potted orchids adding opulence
Glamourous luxury hotel set on the tiny Broadbeach Island. Funky rooms are decorated with boldly patterned carpets, crisp white linen and plush headboards. Offering impeccable service, an indulgent spa and an outdoor pool. Find a choice of bars and restaurants and many beaches to explore nearby. See More
Heal House Brisbane (New Farm) 3 rooms from £149Boutique - Chic interiors mix colonial-style traditional design with a fresh contemporary feelShort fly break - Located just 20 minutes from Brisbane airport this is ideal for a short staySailing - Take a boat trip to Portside Wharf and Lone Pine Koala SanctuaryAdult Only
An elegant three-bed guesthouse located in a central, yet quiet, part of Brisbane. Each suite is individually styled but the interiors throughout have a fresh take on traditional design. The bathrooms are particularly impressive with rain showers and free-standing tubs. An intimate and chic stay. See More
Silky Oaks Lodge Queensland 38 rooms from £200Outstanding location - Set in 88 acres of rainforest on the edge of Daintree National ParkRestrictions on children - Must be 12 or overGreat walks - Rainforest walksRestaurant - Open-sidedRecommended by - Fodors
Luxury eco lodge on the banks of the Mossman River. Accommodation in stunning treehouses, suites and a riverhouse. Elegant interiors with hardwood floors, sumptuous en suites and verandahs overlooking the rainforest. Delicious food in the Treehouse Restaurant, and Healing Waters Spa for chilling. See More
Palazzo Versace Gold Coast (Main Beach) 200 rooms from £212Restaurant - Several restaurant options including fine dining and brasserie overlooking the marina.Sailing - The hotel has a private marinaSpa - Top notch Aurora SpaDesigner - Versace furnishingsRecommended by - Tablet, Fodors
If you're not au fait with Italian fashion house Versace, you will be after a stay in this luxe hotel where all the furnishings come from their home collection. With huge rooms and top amenities including Australia's only water salon, the result is a purely indulgent hotel experience. See More
Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas 75 rooms from £172Back to Nature - Lies in a unique landscape where 2 World Heritage listed-territories, The Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest meetGreat walks - Numerous guided or self-guided trails around Daintree RainforestBirdwatching - Book a guided sunrise cruise to observe unusual birdsViews - Great views from hotel
Set in the fishing village of picturesque Port Douglas, with 4 Mile Beach a stone's throw away. A tranquil and relaxed setting, with own leafy pool, gym, in-house bar and restaurant. A good base from which to explore the two National Heritage sites of Daintree Rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef. See More
Mai Tai Resort Port Douglas (Cassowary) 6 rooms from £176Beach Life - Just a 10 minute drive from the charming seaside town of Port TalbotDiving - The Great Barrier Reef is not far and offers a wealth of interesting nature to discoverGreat walks - There are stunning walks and trails in the nearby rainforest as well as by the coastRestrictions on children - Adult only
An intimate, Balinese-style resort, perched on top of a mountain by Port Douglas and nestled in 5 acres of private lush tropical rainforest. With pool, a choice of 4 rooms or 2 rooms in the private villa. Adult-only romantic setting with lush scenery, close to both rainforest and coastal activities. See More
Peppers Ruffles Lodge and Spa Gold Coast (Willow Vale) 12 rooms from £232Views - Stunning views out to sea from its perch in the Gold Coast HinterlandGreat walks - There is a one km walking track around the lodge plus longer trails in the Eucalyptus forest.Spa - Ruffles Day Spa offering a wide range of treatments.Swimming Pool - Outdoor infinity pool with poolside bar
Treasury Hotel, Brisbane Brisbane CBD 125 rooms from £184Luxury - A luxury hotel in one of the city's heritage buildings - a very grand stayCity Style - A glamorous hotel complete with trendy restaurant and a casino!Sailing - Hop on one of the ferries and explore the city by riverAdult Only
A grand heritage building, in the heart of Brisbane, now converted into a luxury hotel. Enormous rooms feature very high ceilings, expansive sash windows and antiques in keeping with the building's history. Complete with a fine dining restaurant and an attached casino - this is a grown-up stay. See More
Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa Queensland 15 rooms from £190Back to Nature - Wake up to the sound of the birds in the canopy, take in the majesty of the ancient tropics and discover the pristine waterfallEco break - With a sustainable ethos, the lodge boasts 15 eco-friendly bayans in an awe-inspiring settingIn/by a Nature Reserve - The only boutique accommodation in the World-Heritage listed Daintree RainforestSights nearby - Visit the picturesque township of Mossman by car, nestled at the foot of the mountains surrounded by green fields of sugar cane
A spectacular property with a strong eco ethos, situated right in the tropical Daintree rainforest, a World Heritage site, with bar, restaurant and in-house Spa offering yoga sessions. Set near the sea and the Great Barrier Reef, so there's a wealth of nature-related activities to explore. See More
The Calile Brisbane (Fortitude Valley) 175 rooms from £190Designer - This luxury resort mixes pastel hues with brass fittings in the bedrooms - find photo worthy touches around every cornerSpa breaks - The fully-fledged spa offers everything from medical treatments such as IV-vitamin drips to relaxing body wrapsCity Style - A very stylish fiftees inspired stay offering contemporary design with a real touch of glamourSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
An undeniably cool urban resort featuring an enormous pool and fantastic Greek restaurant. Retro-inspired rooms are decked out in pastel hues with brass fittings. The spa is extensive and really worthy of a visit alone whether you fancy an IV-vitamin boost or something a little more relaxing! See More
Port Douglas Peninsula Boutique Hotel Port Douglas 34 rooms from £215Beach Life - Has an unrivalled beachside location overlooking Four Mile Beach, the only hotel in Port Douglas with beach and ocean views.Great walks - Go on a guided walk in The Daintree Rainforest. Best appreciated with the perspective of a local knowledgeable guideRestrictions on children - Adult onlyViews - Great views from hotel
A high-end boutique hotel in the charming fishing village of Port Douglas. With beautiful coastal views and a beachfront location, as well as glorious pool and spoiling spa. Varied outdoor activities on offer, such as Great Barrier Reef diving, guided rainforest tours and wildlife park exploration. See More
W Brisbane Brisbane 312 rooms from £266City Style - A five-star with that signature W Hotel design where luxury and fun merge perfectlyGreat walks - Take a stroll through the nearby City Botanical GardensSailing - Hop on the CityCat and explore the city by boatDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
The W Hotel collection is well known for its unique style which mixes contemporary verve with luxury touches. The Brisbane offering is a perfect example. Bright and bold throughout and complete with a zebra print adorned pool area and bar. The food is always on-point and there's a spa too. See More
Haggerstone Island Haggerstone Island from £390Diving - 1840s shipwreck nearbyFull of characterOutstanding locationBirdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.
Roy and Anna Turner have spent twenty years creating the ultimate barefoot luxury resort. There are four huts built with local materials set along the beach of this stunning island, and all food is grown or caught on the island, and freshly prepared. A once in a lifetime experience. See More
Hayman Island Resort Whitsunday Islands 160 rooms from £392Views - Out to the reefBirdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Kids Club - Fully staffed.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Mr & Mrs Smith
Hamilton Island Yacht Club Villas Whitsunday Islands from £481CoastalFamily SuitesSwimming Pool - Waterfront lagoon pool surrounded by a tropical garden.Diving - Access to the Great Barrier Reef.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Qualia Hamilton Island, Whitsunday Islands 60 rooms from £538Swimming Pool - Private pools in some PavilionsViews - Each Pavilion has a searoomRestrictions on children - Must be 16 or overSailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Mr & Mrs Smith
Spicers Peak Lodge Queensland 12 rooms from £565Spa - Spa Anise offers a luxurious range of massages, treatments, body wraps, facials and couples sessionsPrivate Hot Tub - Book one of the lodges for your own private infinity spa pool or hot tubRestaurant - Award winning The Peak restaurant features modern Australian cuisineSwimming Pool - Private lodges with outdoor infinity spa poolsRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Fodors
Bedarra Island Resort Misson Beach, Bedarra Island from £589Great walks - Self guided interactive walks through rain forestRestaurant - Open terrace with beautiful viewsRestrictions on children - Must be 16 or overKayaking - Sea KayaksRecommended by - Fodors
Niramaya Villas & Spa Port Douglas 30 rooms from £610Back to Nature - Port Douglas is located between two World Heritage sites; ancient rain forest and the Great Barrier ReefGreat walks - Many guided or self-guided trails around the coast and rainforestKayaking - Sea-kayaking can be arrangedSailing - Can be booked nearby.
Luxury hotel nestled in tropical grounds. A short stroll to Four Mile Beach, with the picturesque Part Douglas village just a little further. With own pool, gym and spa as well as in-house bar and restaurant. A sophisticated base from which to explore the region's natural wonders of reef and jungle. See More
Lizard Island Lizard Island 40 rooms from £1097Beach Life - It's everything one dreams of, white sands, turquoise seas and, of course, there's the reef too.Diving - Book a half or full-day excursion and let the hotel take you to numerous diving hot spots.Tennis - Bring your kit and play a game or two on the hotel court.Restrictions on children - Children over 10 are welcome.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A luxury hotel boasting epic sea views. Find utter tranquility in the simply dressed rooms; all white on white with plenty of light, dark wooden floors and large terraces (the best have plunge pools). Feast on exemplary seafood dishes in the restaurant and spend days exploring the reef. Superb. See More