Search the best hotels in Haggerstone Island
About Haggerstone Island
About 600kms north of Cairns, just across from isolated Cape York, Haggerstone Island is a secluded retreat offering a once in a lifetime experience of island paradise privacy. You’re not far from the Great Barrier Reef if you want to explore the area, and the diving is incredible, but you’re totally cut off, so you don’t have to do anything you don’t want to do. There’s not much choice when it comes to the best places to stay in Haggerstone Island, there are only four huts, made of local timber, and surrounded by tropical gardens. There are also dams and an orchard, which help provide the food you’ll eat during your stay.
What Not To Miss
- Go diving or snorkelling with spectacularly colourful untouched nearby reefs and even a shipwreck ensuring there's no shortage of underwater attractions to see.
- Alternatively go fishing, with multiple different types available from deep sea fishing to spear fishing - it's a great chance to experience something different.
- Or take a boat trip on the Haggerstone Island Resort boat which departs daily for family friendly guest excursions and activities.
- Thrillseekers can explore the tropical waters around the island on jet skis for a more high-adrenaline experience.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Haggerstone Island allows visitors to totally relax with great food and make the most of the tropical waters.
The best places to stay in Haggerstone Island
For barefoot luxury
- Haggerstone Island is the ultimate barefoot luxury resort, with just four beach huts on the island, and all the food grown, caught, farmed and prepared right here for your sole enjoyment.
For an apartment
- If you'd like a self-catering option this holiday - visit our online partner, Booking.com for a great selection of properties in central Cairns and overlooking the water.
- Fly to Cairns Airport located 6km (3.7 miles) from Cairns with a range of flights across Australia and to International destinations such as Hong Kong and Auckland. Visitors can then take a charter flight to Haggerstone Island.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the mainland - click here for prices and booking with our online partner Rental Cars.
- Best time to visit - the winter from June to August for pleasant temperatures.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay on Haggerstone Island for you?
Best Hotels in Haggerstone Island
Haggerstone Island Haggerstone Island from £390Diving - 1840s shipwreck nearbyBarefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.Outstanding locationFull of character
Roy and Anna Turner have spent twenty years creating the ultimate barefoot luxury resort. There are four huts built with local materials set along the beach of this stunning island, and all food is grown or caught on the island, and freshly prepared. A once in a lifetime experience. See More