Search the best hotels in Achenkirch
Achenkirch in Austria’s Tyrol region lies at the head of Lake Achen - the largest lake in the state (six miles long) and part of a huge hydro scheme. The best places to stay in Auchenkirch give you ample opportunity to enjoy all of the available activities and sights both during winter and summer.
The lake itself is stunning with particularly clear pure water that is transparent up to a depth of ten metres. The tourist industry began with the advent of the railway in 1859 and by 1887 the first steamboat - the St. Josef.
The area became popular especially with artists and writers who would like to spend the summer here. Nowadays the resort is busy all year round. There are extensive ski pistes and more cross country routes. It's a great destination also for hiking and climbing. Alternatively, you can simply enjoy the pretty town and all it has to offer.
what not to miss
- The abundance of great piste available for snowsports during the winter months.
- In the summer months the mountains are great for summer hiking and mountain biking.
- For those who are not snowsport lovers, the town is beautiful and worth an explore.
Don't forget to plan well ahead if you want to book one of the best places to stay in Achenkirch during peak season, it's a busy and popular destination year round.
For a sophisticated stay
- Das Kronthaler is a luxury hotel in a great location in the heart of the Tyrol, and enjoys fantastic views of both the valley and lake. The ambience is one of refined elegance, the design is contemporary and rooms are olight and spacious. Das Kronthaler specialises in alpine cuisine and has an impressive cellar. Furthermore if boasts a ‘ski in - ski out location, and its own ski/boarding school.
For an apartment or villa
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner, Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets
- The nearest airports to Achenkirch are Munich (70 min drive) and Innsbruck (50 min drive).
- The best time of year to visit Achenkirk is during the winter season, where the mountains are covered in snow. Great for the snowsport fanatics. In the summer the area is also great for mountain biking and hiking - with stunning summer scenery.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure what to book?
- Browse our list of the best places to stay in Achenkirch.
- Expand your search to include our Innsbruck recommendations.
- Or contact a friendly guru for advice.
Monthly Weather in Achenkirch
Best Hotels in Achenkirch
Das Kronthaler Achenkirch 99 rooms from £169Skiing - Ski in ski out slopeside location. The hotel has its own ski/snowboarding school.Views - Stunning views of the valley and Lake AchenSwimming Pool - Indoor and outdoor poolsGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Tablet
Luxury hotel, in the heart of the Tyrol, steeped in refined natural elegance and offering gorgeous contemporary accommodation, with views of the valley & Lake Achen, plus excellent alpine cuisine and an impressive wine cellar. Fantastic facilities for summer and ski in ski out location for winter. See More