- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in Alpbach
Alpbach is a beautiful little Tyrolean hamlet with traditional, timber-clad buildings, wonderful views and some pretty fantastic skiing. It’s part of the Ski Juwel ski area which includes around 145kms worth of runs. The best places to stay in Alpbach tend to either be traditional chalets close to one of the three gondolas up to the main mountain, Gratspitz for skiers, or, if you’re here in the summer then the best places to stay in Alpbach are probably the converted farmhouses which dot the slopes.
As well as being a frequent winner of ‘Most Beautiful Town’ competitions and clean air awards, Alpbach is the kind of ski resort to elicit loyalty - it’s peaceful, stunning, friendly and the food is good - but despite all these charms you still don’t have to wait long for a lift. The pattern of life here seems to be early to ski, early to après ski.
If you’re here in the summer then you’ll probably be basking in the wonderful rural peace - this is still a working rural town and there are still around one hundred working farms - and hiking in the hills.
If you're coming in the winter season, don't forget to book well in advance, the best places to stay in Alpbach are very busy, especially over the festive periods and February half term.
What not to miss
- The great chance to explore the 145km of piste in the Crown Juwel ski area
- Having won awards for its beautiful town centre, why not explore the charming architecture and town sights.
- The summer hiking is wonderful, with a more peaceful and tranquil setting compared to the winter hustle and bustle of a winter ski season!
- Just as it sounds, the Romantik Hotel Böglerhof has wonderfully romantic alpine views. It’s also got beautiful, traditional pine decor, a great range of room types suitable for couples and families too, and there’s an excellent range of alpine adventures on tap as soon as you leave the hotel - come sunshine or snow.
- The Hotel der Alpbacherhof is nestled away in Alpbach and is a great choice for relaxation. The hotel has glorious spa facilities and outdoor pool, meaning that after a tiring day out on the mountain you can relax in the hotel's amazing facilities. Furthermore, the luxurious spacious spacous and contemporary.
for an apartment or villa
- If you've decided that a self-catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner, Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- The nearest airports are Innsbruck (50 min drive) and Salzburg (90 min drive)
- Alpbach is great to visit all year round. With snowsports in the winter and hiking and biking in the summer
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Holiday Autos for the best prices.
still not sure where to book
Best Hotels in Alpbach
Hotel Der Alpbacherhof 56 rooms from $229Alpbach
Nestled in Tyrol, the Alpbacherhof is the ideal Alpine retreat. Cosy and spacious rooms provide contemporary furnishings and scenic views across the region. The outdoor pool and spa is the perfect remedy after a days exploring, with fresh, local food and wine awaiting in the hotels restaurant.Active Holiday - Explore the Alpine mountains and towns in the summer, or ski across them in the winter months.Spa breaks - An expansive spa with plenty of treatmentsSpa - The 1000m2 spa features two pools, indoor and out, 11 baths, two saunas, steam baths, and multiple beauty treatments.Sights nearby - Visit the famous Olympic town of Innsbruck and climb the Bergiselschanze tower for great views of the region.
Romantik Hotel Böglerhof 72 rooms from $208Alpbach (Nr. 166)
Alpine hotel in the centre of Alpbach. Family and dog friendly it offers charming rooms and suites with lots of exposed pine and traditional furnishings. An excellent choice for outdoorsy types with loads to do in both summer and winter, and a great spa for pampering afterwards!Families - Good facilities for families with children of all agesSkiingGreat walks - Great walking and hiking in the region after the snows have meltedKids Club - Open six days a week during both summer and winter seasons