- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Alpbach
Alpbach is a beautiful little Tyrolean hamlet with traditional, timber-clad buildings, wonderful views and some pretty fantastic skiing. It’s part of the Ski Juwel ski area which includes around 145kms worth of runs. The best places to stay in Alpbach tend to either be traditional chalets close to one of the three gondolas up to the main mountain, Gratspitz for skiers, or, if you’re here in the summer then the best places to stay are probably the converted farmhouses which dot the slopes.
As well as being a frequent winner of ‘Most Beautiful Town’ competitions and clean air awards, Alpbach is the kind of ski resort to elicit loyalty - it’s peaceful, stunning, friendly and the food is good - but despite all these charms you still don’t have to wait long for a lift. The pattern of life here seems to be early to ski, early to après ski.
If you’re here in the summer then you’ll probably be basking in the wonderful rural peace - this is still a working rural town and there are around one hundred working farms - and hiking in the hills.
What not to miss
- The great chance to explore the 145km of piste in the Crown Juwel ski area
- Having won awards for its beautiful town centre, why not explore the charming architecture and town sights.
- The summer hiking is wonderful, with a more peaceful and tranquil setting compared to the winter hustle and bustle of a winter ski season!
If you're coming in the winter season, don't forget to book well in advance, the best places to stay in Alpbach are very busy, especially over the festive periods and February half term.
The best places to stay in Alpbach
- Just as it sounds, the Romantik Hotel Böglerhof has wonderfully romantic alpine views. It’s also has beautiful, traditional pine decor and a great range of room types suitable for couples and families There’s an excellent range of alpine adventures on tap as soon as you leave the hotel - come winter or summer.
- The Hotel der Alpbacherhof is nestled away in Alpbach and is a great choice for relaxation. The hotel has a glorious spa and an outdoor pool, meaning that after a tiring day out on the mountain you can relax in the hotel's amazing facilities. Furthermore, the rooms are luxurious, spacious and contemporary.
For an apartment or chalet
- If you've decided that a self-catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- The nearest airports are Innsbruck (50 min drive) and Salzburg (90 min drive)
- Alpbach is great to visit all year round. With snowsports in the winter and hiking and biking in the summer
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Alpbach
Bischofer Mountain Spa 9 rooms from £205Alpbach
Secluded lodge and spa in the heart of Tirol. Cosy, chalet-style en suite rooms, modern stone backrooms, and unique views of the Alpbach Valley. After a day of activities, guests can warm up by traditional stone fires, relax in the spa or enjoy panoramic views from the terrace. Ideal for relaxation.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRestrictions on children - Adult onlyFull of characterSpa
Hotel Der Alpbacherhof 56 rooms from £175Alpbach
Nestled in Tyrol, the Alpbacherhof is the ideal Alpine retreat. Cosy and spacious rooms provide contemporary furnishings and scenic views across the region. The outdoor pool and spa is the perfect remedy after a days exploring, with fresh, local food and wine awaiting in the hotels restaurant.Active Holiday - Explore the Alpine mountains and towns in the summer, or ski across them in the winter months.Spa breaks - An expansive spa with plenty of treatmentsSpa - The 1000m2 spa features two pools, indoor and out, 11 baths, two saunas, steam baths, and multiple beauty treatments.Sights nearby - Visit the famous Olympic town of Innsbruck and climb the Bergiselschanze tower for great views of the region.
Romantik Hotel Böglerhof 72 rooms from £160Alpbach (Nr. 166)
Alpine hotel in the centre of Alpbach. Family and dog friendly it offers charming rooms and suites with lots of exposed pine and traditional furnishings. An excellent choice for outdoorsy types with loads to do in both summer and winter, and a great spa for pampering afterwards!Families - Good facilities for families with children of all agesSkiingGreat walks - Great walking and hiking in the region after the snows have meltedKids Club - Open six days a week during both summer and winter seasons
Gastehaus Gratlspitz 13 rooms from £77Alpbach
Charming, family owned guest house in the heart of the Alpbach Valley. Thirteen traditional, Tyrolean-style en suite rooms, all with local wood furnishings and balconies offering panoramic mountain views. After a day of activities, guests can relax in the garden and take in the Austrian countryside.Views - Guests enjoy panoramic views of the picturesque Alpbach Valley and the surrounding mountainsSights nearby - During the summer, Lake Reither See is a fifteen minute drive awayOutstanding locationFull of character