Search the best hotels in Hintertux
Hintertux, or Hintertux im Zillertal - meaning Hintertux in the Zillertal Valley, is a Tyrolean ski resort right up against the Hintertuxer glacier so it is possible to ski here year round. Some of the best places to stay in Hintertux im Zillertal are those close to the glacier, but there are also some lovely options lower down the slopes in the town of Tux.
As well as skiing on a glacier, Hintertux im Zillertal is a great place for outdoor pursuits of all kinds, and some of our Guru’s recommendations pride themselves on helping outdoors-folk get the most out of this beautiful region.
It is an extremely beautiful part of the world. The Ziller Valley is broad, some of it farmland and some of it alpine meadow, leading up to wooded slopes and snowy peaks. And of course the glacier.
Hintertux doesn’t offer a lot in the way of après-ski in the villages, which are mostly made up of hotels and guesthouses, but there’s plenty for kids if you’re travelling as a family.
What not to miss
- Year round skiing! Due to the Hintertuxer glacier
- The beautiful scenic landscape perfect for both winter adventures and walking or hiking in the summer
- A great resort for family holidays
Just remember that the region is busy both in summer and winter months. So if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Hintertux, get organised and book well ahead.
The best places to stay in Hintertux
For access to the slopes
- Right in the resort of Hintertux, about as close as you can get to the glacier, is the Hotel Neuhintertux, a luxurious hotel and spa with incredible mountain views and 56 elegant, traditional rooms. The spa is so large it spills outside, where there’s a whirlpool, saunas and an infrared cabin, while inside there’s a cosy lounge and bar with open fireplaces.
- Hotel Hintertuxerhof is also not far from the glacier cable car. It has 35 spacious rooms and is great for families, with family suites and play room on site. Plus you'll find a tennis court for summer months, sauna, gym, restaurant and wonderful views.
For traditional comfort
- The Alpenhof is a good choice in the centre of Hintertux. Spacious rooms and suites offer traditional alpine style, plus you'll find a large spa with sauna, pool, relaxation room and gym and an excellent restaurant.
For an apartment or chalet
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner, Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- Innsbruck airport is a 70 minute drive away, while Munich is 2 hours away
- For full use of the pisted areas of snowsports the best time of year is between December and April, however, during summer months there is still skiing on the glacier. In summer it only averages around 8-10 degrees - so you need to wrap up all year round!
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Hintertux
Hotel Hintertuxerhof Hintertux 35 rooms from £190
Peaceful chalet hotel close to Hintertux Glacier cable car. Contemporary rooms have big beds and modern bathrooms, extra large family suites. Tennis courts, saunas and gym. Good restaurant, children's play area and superb views. Great value.Families - Play groups, varied activities and babysitting available in hotel, as well as large family roomsGreat walks - Wonderful wintery walks with plenty of huts to try some regional snacks along the wayViews - Great views from hotelKids Club - Fully staffed.
Hotel Neuhintertux Hintertux 56 rooms from £220
A luxury hotel and spa boasting stunning mountain views. Elegant rooms are traditionally styled with warm hues, sink-in-to beds and private balconies. A cosy lounge and bar features an open fireplace; the ideal spot to unwind in the evenings. The extensive spa provides complete rejuvenation.Spa breaks - The vast Neuhintertux spa boasts an outdoor whirlpool, saunas, an infared cabin, a vitamin bar and extensive treatment list.Active Holiday - Year round adventure can be found in Tyrol from skiing to hiking.Swimming Pool - Indoor pool.Views - Great views from hotel
Hotel Alpenhof Hintertux 63 rooms from £233
Excellent hotel at the foot of the Hintertux Glacier. Spacious suites have Alpine-style wooden furniture and balconies. 1,600 m² spa with saunas, pools, relaxation rooms and a gym. Fantastic restaurant using locally sourced ingredients. Outstanding choice of family-friendly activities.Families - Superb range of activities and guided tours outdoors suitable for all the familyGreat walks - Hotel provides guided trip through the Tuxer mountain landscapeViews - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.