- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Tux
At the end of the Tuxertal valley, a tributary of the beautiful Zillertal Valley, Tux is a small farming town turned ski resort. The best places to stay in Tux are both out of town in the resort centre.
The views here are incredible, you’re surrounded by verdant farmland, backed by dramatic mountains, snowcapped and glittering with glaciers. There’s year-round skiing on the Hintertux Glacier and miles of walking and nordic-walking trails, depending on the season. The best places to stay in Tux are a charming collection of alpine lodges and smaller hotels, all of them with beautiful views.
Some of the top hotels in Tux pride themselves on helping outdoors-folk get out and make the most of this spectacular region and there is no shortage of ski area with 196 km of winter piste to explore. Don’t expect much in the way of après-ski but the skiing is excellent for all levels of skier during the winter season.
During the winter season, we advise booking early to secure one of the best places to stay in Tux.
The best places to stay in Tux
- The Hotel Central is a charming, traditional alpine lodge with a sporty vibe, 48 rooms and a cosy restaurant. This is a family friendly spot, which, as well as encouraging you to get out and about in the great outdoors also has a pool, spa and sauna to help you relax after your exploits.
- Or try the Hotel Tuxerhof which doesn’t scrimp on luxury. It’s four star with wooden interiors and homely decor, 60 alpine style rooms and suites, a spa, indoor and outdoor pools and a salt grotto. There is a gourmet restaurant.
For an apartment or chalet
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- Innsbruck is a 90 minute drive away, while Munch would be a slightly longer 21/2 hr hour journey.
- With year-round skiing in Tux any time of year is good! But far more choice and more piste we'd suggest going during the winter season between December and April.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Tux
Hotel Tuxerhof 60 rooms from £312Tux (Tirol)
A luxury Alpine hotel and spa with gorgeous mountain views. Rustic chic rooms feature parquet flooring, exposed stonework and traditional winter motifs. The expansive spa is the ideal spot for total relaxation. Sample gourmet regional cuisine in the restaurant. Perfection.Spa breaks - The expansive spa includes saunas, relaxation rooms, couples treatments, a meditation area and turbo solarium.Families - A number of indoor and outdoor activities for children as well a as a kids club and childcare.Skiing - The Zillertal 3000 gives garunteed snow and a large network or slopes for all abilities.Active Holiday - The Alps provide an expansive playground for outdoor enthusiasts.
Hotel Central, Tux 48 rooms from £172Tux
A sports centred lodge in a stunning alpine location. Traditional rooms feature chintz fabrics, pine furniture and sink-in-to beds. An indoor pool, sauna and spa for post-activity relaxation and a cosy restaurant serving up local cuisine. Easy access to the slopes which are skiable year-round.Families - A family friendly hotel with family suites and a plethora of activities to keep all entertained.Active Holiday - As the name suggests this is the ultimate base to partake in alpine activities.Views - Great views from hotelSpa