Search the best hotels in Hippach-Schwendau
In the heart of the Zillertal Mountains lies Hippach-Schwendau, a charming Alpine village ideal for a family skiing holiday. With a network of pistes ideal for beginners, intermediates and experts alike, it has access to everything from soft blue runs to hard cross-country trails - 30km's worth - as well as numerous winter hiking trails, toboggan runs and the opportunity for horse-drawn sleigh rides through snowswept Alpine meadows. Our pick of the best places to stay in Hippach-Schwendau allow you easy access to all this and much more.
The apres-ski scene is renowned in the region, with huts and snow bars dotting the mountainsides, and unbelievably cool bars ike the White Lounge - a bar inside an igloo - are really worth checking out. Mayrhofen, whose nightlife is always wildly fun, is only 5km away too!
During the summer, the snowy mountains become a favourite haunt of paragliders, mountain bikers and hikers, and the cable cars offer the chance to drink in enchanting panoramas of this otherwordly region.
What not to miss
- Enjoy conquering the cross-country trails - stretching over 30kms.
- Try your hand at the winter hiking trails.
- Book a horse-drawn sleighride through meadows and woodland.
- Go tobogganing.
- Sample the apres-ski scene - arguably some of the best in the region. Be sure to check out the White Lounge, a bar inside an igloo on the mountainside.
- During the summer, go paragliding above the snowy mountaintops!
Picturesque, quaint, surrounded with natural beauty and brimming with a great apres-ski scene, Hippach is a fantastic place for families and couples alike. But don't forget that during the school holidays and peak ski and summer months, this village is very popular. So if you want to be sure of a room in one of the best places to stay in Hippach-Schwendau, do your homework and book well ahead.
The best places to stay in Hippach-Schwendau
For the views
- Hotel Stefanie is an an elegant Alpine hotel offering spacious and romantic rooms with light and airy features, and adorned with pinewood and king-sized beds. Unwind in the fire-lit lounge with a regional tipple or relax in the spoiling spa.
- Hotel Alpenblick is a beautiful and popular hotel in the Ziller Valley, offering elegant creamwhite rooms with four poster beds. There's a gym, pampering spa, spoiling choice of saunas and a range of treatments. The fantastic gourmet restaurant offers romantic outdoor dining during the summer.
For an apartment or chalet
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of chalets and apartments in the nearby area.
- Fly to Innsbruck, and get a train to Ramsau im Zillertal Hippach. The journey takes 1.30 hours.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
- During the summer, the temperature can reach highs of up to 25 degrees; during the winter, it ranges between -3 and 7 degrees.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Hippach-Schwendau
Hotel Stefanie 36 rooms from £122Hippach-Schwendau
An elegant Alpine hotel with stunning 360 degree views. Large romantic rooms are light and airy and feature king-sized beds and pine furnishings. Spend evenings in the fire-lit lounge with a regional tipple or unwind in the spoiling spa. With easy access to the slopes this hotel's a winning choice.Active Holiday - The hotel has an indoor pool and a tennis court as well as there being nearby skiing, cycling, hiking and horse ridingSkiing - The hotel offers ski storage and has access to two of the two largest ski areas in the region.Great walks - Hike through stunning scenery of the Ziller Valley.Swimming Pool - Indoor pool.
Hotel Alpenblick, Hippach 31 rooms from £123Hippach-Schwendau
Gorgeous and popular hotel in the Ziller Valley. Rooms are elegant with cream palettes and four poster beds. Gym, spa, choice of saunas and treatments. Outstanding restaurant with romantic outdoors dining in the summer months. A good value stay.Country Escape - Fantastic summer activites such as guided hiking, riding or cycling - all rounded off with a drink by the roaring fireplacesSkiing - 5 minutes by ski bus from the Penken Ski AreaGreat walks - Hotel provides maps, walking sticks, backpacks, mountain weather reports, lunch and a guideSwimming Pool - Free access to nearby pool