Search the best hotels in Solden
One of the liveliest Alpine resorts, Solden is the perfect place for people who want to combine skiing with a wild nightlife. The only ski resort with three mountains over 3000m in altitude, it boasts everything from glacier skiing and off-piste runs to toboggan runs and a themed children's ski trail. With a fantastic apres-ski scene, a wellness complex complete with saunas and steam rooms and activities ranging from paragliding to sleigh-rides, you will never be bored here. Our collection of the best places to stay in Solden range from the traditional to the contemporary.
Often referred to as the "Ibiza of the Alps", Solden is a fun town that caters to party animals. Boasting a nightlife to rival any major city, a whole host of annual festivals including the Electric Mountain Festival and a reenactment of Hannibal's crossing of the Alps, it boasts an eclectic hodgepodge of equally wild and thrilling things-to-do, from paragliding high above snow-crowned Alpine ridges to sleigh-rides through woodbegirt valleys.
As for skiing, Solden lies in the heart of the Otztal Valley ski area. The skiing is superb; from the top of the Schwarze Schmeide, runs a 15km descent ideally suited to experienced skiers looking for a challenge. There are also glaciers on which you can ski, like the Rettenach glacier's infamous mogul runs. As for pistes catering to a less-experienced skier, there is the Almzeit trail, a themed trail for children.
While Solden may not be the most picturesque of resorts, it does have exceptionally modern amenities like the Freizeit Arena, a complex offering saunas and steam rooms, as well as swimming pools and tennis courts, ideal for a spot of respite after a long day conquering the slopes. The Apres-ski scene goes on until the early hours, many of the mountain huts dotting the slopes play traditional Tyrolean music and its bars and clubs are the envy of the Alps.
What not to miss
- Conquer the "Big 3" mountains surrounding Solden, standing at 3000m in altitude and offering countless slopes.
- Explore the Wildspitze, Tirol's highest peak.
- For kids, check out the Almzeit trail, a themed trail for children!
- For a romantic evening, book a sleigh-ride.
- Relax in the saunas and steam rooms of the Freizeit Arena.
- Families can enjoy the 5km toboggan run.
Unsurprisingly this is a popular destination, especially during school holidays, so to ensure a room at one of the best places to stay in Solden we recommend planning your trip well in advance.
The best places to stay in Solden
- Bergland Hotel: a smart, modern hotel with pampering amenities ideal for respite after a tiring day on the slopes. Boasting ashwood floors, large bathrooms and cosy yet contemporary designed rooms. There is a top-of-the-range spa, gourmet restaurant and extensive wine cellar. Ideal for couples looking to splash out.
- Hotel das Central: an all-inclusive luxury experience offering individually-styled rooms with parquet flooring and private balconies. The gourmet restaurant serves sumptuous and hearty regional cuisine, and the extensive spa is spoiling. A delight!
For an apartment or chalet
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of chalets and apartments in the nearby area.
- Fly to Innsbruck Airport, 80km away, and get a taxi or shuttle bus to Solden.
- If you want to rent a car we recommend contacting our partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to go for a spot of skiing is between December and February when the temperature averages at around freezing point.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Solden
Hotel das Central 125 rooms from £298Solden (Tirol)
Das Central is the epitome of an all-inclusive luxury experience in the heart of the Austrian Alps. Individually styled rooms feature parquet flooring, traditional fabrics and private balconies. A gourmet restaurant serves regional cuisine and the relaxing wellness centre awaits weary hikers/skiers.Spa breaks - Voted one of the best hotel spas in Austria. Unwind surrounded by the mountain air in the spoiling spa.Active Holiday - This area has wonderful skiing, and the expanse of the Alps to explore on foot.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.
Bergland Hotel 84 rooms from £363Solden
Gorgeous hotel in the Ötztal mountains. Contemporary rooms have ash-wood floors, large bathrooms and modern yet cosy furnishings. Indoor pool, sauna and full spa. Gourmet regional cuisine in restaurant, and extensive wine cellar bar. Chic, warm and stunning location.Active Holiday - Abundance of outdoor fun, from tobogganing, ice climbing, snowboarding, winter hikes and finish the day in the Sky SpaViews - Great views from hotelSpaGreat walks - Good for walkers.